+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP Ottawa: Sponsorship of Spouse in Pakistan

Kiinngg Farakh Gujjar

Apr 25, 2012
Please everyone people who have applied got their visa and people who are still in the process and people who are going to apply soon.

Reuniting families here in Canada
Let's stop Stephen Harper's radical overhaul of Canadian immigration.

Sign the petition

Please everyone click on this and once again SIGN THE PETITION!

http://petition.ndp.ca/reunite

sarah123

Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD / LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Expired
Interview........
Hopefully No
Passport Req..
Insha Allah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
Wyz said:
I know...but....this boat's getting crowded...they should ship some of us to shore :p I look at it this way, my husbands ecas does not even say "in process", so I imagined my file covered with dust just sitting there and being lonely :( at least now, I feel like it has entered the "in process" phase and that is just not updated in ecas and InshaAllah, something good should happen soon.

To tell you the truth, it is kind of frustrating to see that Feb 2012 applicants are getting their remed requests before the 2011 applicants...it's good for them but yaar sometimes, thori si unfairness mehsoos hoti hai. I wish they would go by order. I'm just afraid that they'll do a little something like what they did with skilled workers files. I know it's a diff category, but my uncle who had filed his skilled worker application 8 years ago got his file returned because they returned all the older applications filed before 2010 and worked only with the newer ones...I don't want to scare anyone or anything, but I sure hope they start going by sequence for sponsors :( It literally affects 2 people's lives because both lives are on hold until this whole process goes through. I'm totally venting, but yeah, I'm happy but a bit jealous of the Feb 2012 applicants...there, I said it ;D
Wyz, I guess what is happening is that the more straight forward cases -- more obviously sponsoring wife cases are adjudicated on priority bases. Hence most of the applicants getting remeds or 'IN Process" case status changes are of those who have sponsored wives from Pak or Afghanistan. And yes it all basically depends upon luck -- so ...

LLCOOLPaki

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
I just filled it.

http://petition.ndp.ca/reunite

sent to few freiends as well

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
Thanks for the reply wyz

So the Ottawa cases timeline is wat exactly?

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
APAK said:
Thanks for the reply wyz

So the Ottawa cases timeline is wat exactly?
As far as I know, they go by the Islamabad timeline as well (28 months)...senior members may be able to better answer this question though.

munirdba

Star Member
Nov 20, 2004
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Hello Everyone

I applied for my wife in Aug 2012 first find out that file send to islamabad in september then called cic agent find out file is in ottawa also confirme with email that my file is not in islamabad its in ottawa so add me to the list .let hope for the best .

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got following reply from Ottawa when asked about sending updates via email or regular mail :

Dear Mr xxxxx,

Thank you for your enquiry. Please note that as part of a pilot project, this file is being jointly processed by Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPPO) and the visa office in Islamabad. The physical file is here at CPPO to be scanned and uploaded to e-Storage, so that it can be reviewed electronically by visa officers and case analysts in Islamabad.
The visa office in Islamabad will contact the applicant when it is time for the next stage of processing, and all decisions will be made in Islamabad. For processing times, please refer to the CIC website for Islamabad’s processing times. The visa office will notify the applicant when the file is ready for review, and if any additional documents are required.
If you have additional documents to submit, at this time you can submit them to our office to be added to the file, either by email or mail, whichever is more convenient for you.

I hope this clarifies matters.
Sincerely,

Case Officer (SO)
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote - Ottawa

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
hi alll

my file is also in ottawa,,,my husband filed case in august 2012 in approval email it says that case is transfered to islambad but after call centre agent said that its in ottawa we mailed both islamabd and ottawa and got reply from ottawa that file is in ottawa

Suzum27

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISL/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2011
Doc's Request.
28th May 2013
AOR Received.
31-JAN-2012
File Transfer...
7-FEB-2012
Med's Request
8 May 2014
Med's Done....
13th May 2014
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
PPR 1 on 12th June 2014 and PPR 2 on 25th June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 4 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 27 2014
MRS SAM said:
hi alll

my file is also in ottawa,,,my husband filed case in august 2012 in approval email it says that case is transfered to islambad but after call centre agent said that its in ottawa we mailed both islamabd and ottawa and got reply from ottawa that file is in ottawa
Same here Mrs Sam.

RajaRani

Mar 29, 2013
So I applied in july 2012 and I emailed CPP-Ottawa because I was told that my file is in Ottawa by CIC agents. Although I emailed CPP-Ottawa about sending additional documents, I received an email from Islamabad instead, so perhaps my file is their now Insha'Allah:

Your e-mail inquiry of May 4, 2013, to the Case Processing Pilot, Ottawa, refers.

Your spouse's application for permanent residence will be assessed at the Canadian High Commission, Islamabad. Unless you or he has not provided documentation that was requested in the sponsorship application kit, please do not send any additional material until the need for that material is identified by this office. Any missing documentation may be sent to Canadian High Commission, Visa Section, P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Canadian High Commission, Islamabad

P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan

Fax: +92-51-208-6914

Email: islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Based on this email, where do you guys suggest to send additional documents, Ottawa or Islamabad?

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
this email xclarifies some questions. thankyou! so even ottawa files will b contacted by islamabad and follow isb timelines. wat ottawa call centre ppl r sayng is all crap. they told me ur file will follow 13 months timeline and it will b done in november 2013.

adv2244 said:
Got following reply from Ottawa when asked about sending updates via email or regular mail :

Dear Mr xxxxx,

Thank you for your enquiry. Please note that as part of a pilot project, this file is being jointly processed by Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPPO) and the visa office in Islamabad. The physical file is here at CPPO to be scanned and uploaded to e-Storage, so that it can be reviewed electronically by visa officers and case analysts in Islamabad.
The visa office in Islamabad will contact the applicant when it is time for the next stage of processing, and all decisions will be made in Islamabad. For processing times, please refer to the CIC website for Islamabad's processing times. The visa office will notify the applicant when the file is ready for review, and if any additional documents are required.
If you have additional documents to submit, at this time you can submit them to our office to be added to the file, either by email or mail, whichever is more convenient for you.

I hope this clarifies matters.
Sincerely,

Case Officer (SO)
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote - Ottawa

Waiting_Eyes

Nov 17, 2012
Kabul, Afghanistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2012
File Transfer...
Sept 2012
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
Re-Med Jun 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah
our files will never be physically transferred to Islamabad or what?, God knows how long will it take for the visa officer to review our case electronically, me confused whether I send additional proofs to Ottawa or just wait until I get any correspondence from one of the offices i.e Ottawa or Islamabad :(

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
any one here who has applied or is applying for his/her spouse's TRV ONLINE????

i called the ottawa call centre to apply for my wifes file and they said that yes its in ottawa and it will follow ottawas timeline of 13 months. does that make sense? too good to be true. these call centre ppl dont know shit

cvimm

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO - Ottawa/ CHC - Islamabad/ CHC - New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2013
AOR Received.
January 2012
File Transfer...
From CPPO- Ottawa to CHC - ISL - May 2013/ From CHC - ISL to CHC New Delhi Feb 2014
Med's Request
Remed/ RePCC and Supporting Doc Request- June 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Interview Scheduled in June- CHC New Delhi
Passport Req..
June 2014 - CHC New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
June 2014 - CHC New Delhi
LANDED..........
August 2014
APAK said:
any one here who has applied or is applying for his/her spouse's TRV ONLINE????

i called the ottawa call centre to apply for my wifes file and they said that yes its in ottawa and it will follow ottawas timeline of 13 months. does that make sense? too good to be true. these call centre ppl dont know *censored word*
Hi Bro, hope all is well with family and love once, first the time line that you have been told by call center PPL is wrong all the Pak and Afghan National cases is processed in CHC Islamabad for the final stage (PR) following the CHC Islamabad time line which is 28 Months by Immigration published timeline on their website, basically what is happening that sample straight forward cases after the first review by CPC Mississauga upon approval will be sent out to CPPO- Ottawa the physical file stays at Ottawa and scan image of all forms with supporting documents will be stored in (GCMS ) e Storage Immigration server to be available to immigration officer in CHC – ISBD, the final decision of your ( PR ) comes from the CHC – ISBD or another word the Imm officer in CHC – ISBD has the final say on your (PR) the CPPO – Ottawa just facilitate the process for Pak and Afghan National for CHC – ISBD, now in the option 2, cases that are complex and need the local expertise it will be transfer directly to CHC- ISBD for further investigation and processing and also appeal cases after the positive decision following by CBSA. So simply the Pak and Afghan National cases, family class ( Spouse ) can take up anywhere from 6 to 28 Months to finalize, some complex cases where the marriage is not genuine may take up even longer, doesn’t matter which way they go CPPO – Ottawa or directly to CHC – ISBD, the 13 Month time is for North American basically US cases and as far as the TRV for Pak and Afghan National is harder than immigration the only thing is that the time span is 2 to 3 month to get the answer, Mine was refused in 48 hours as soon as they receive it, it was TRV for my wife and we both employed and it was perfect, you name it I did it, I don’t want to be negative but don’t count on it, it’s like winning the lottery, try it if you want it. Good luck and God bless every one; my prayers are with all of you. Regards, CVIMM

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
cvimm said:
Hi Bro, hope all is well with family and love once, first the time line that you have been told by call center PPL is wrong all the Pak and Afghan National cases is processed in CHC Islamabad for the final stage (PR) following the CHC Islamabad time line which is 28 Months by Immigration published timeline on their website, basically what is happening that sample straight forward cases after the first review by CPC Mississauga upon approval will be sent out to CPPO- Ottawa the physical file stays at Ottawa and scan image of all forms with supporting documents will be stored in (GCMS ) e Storage Immigration server to be available to immigration officer in CHC – ISBD, the final decision of your ( PR ) comes from the CHC – ISBD or another word the Imm officer in CHC – ISBD has the final say on your (PR) the CPPO – Ottawa just facilitate the process for Pak and Afghan National for CHC – ISBD, now in the option 2, cases that are complex and need the local expertise it will be transfer directly to CHC- ISBD for further investigation and processing and also appeal cases after the positive decision following by CBSA. So simply the Pak and Afghan National cases, family class ( Spouse ) can take up anywhere from 6 to 28 Months to finalize, some complex cases where the marriage is not genuine may take up even longer, doesn't matter which way they go CPPO – Ottawa or directly to CHC – ISBD, the 13 Month time is for North American basically US cases and as far as the TRV for Pak and Afghan National is harder than immigration the only thing is that the time span is 2 to 3 month to get the answer, Mine was refused in 48 hours as soon as they receive it, it was TRV for my wife and we both employed and it was perfect, you name it I did it, I don't want to be negative but don't count on it, it's like winning the lottery, try it if you want it. Good luck and God bless every one; my prayers are with all of you. Regards, CVIMM
Thanks for the info...and yes I heard the same, most TRVs are refused if spouse is in Pakistan unfortunately...and one more bad news cvimm...timeline has now been changed to be 29 months for Islamabad :(