+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law sponsorship

Caoicaoi

May 15, 2018
Hi guys,
I have a query. I am applying for my permanent residency through my Canadian partner. I am Irish and although we met and lived together in Canada we have been in New Zealand for the last few months on a working holiday visa. Our application is thankfully running quite smoothly. I just passed the medical last month. Should I be expecting to receive my permanent residency through the New Zealand office or the one in Ireland?
Thanks in advance

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Have you been transferred to a visa office?

Reactions: Caoicaoi

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi guys,
I have a query. I am applying for my permanent residency through my Canadian partner. I am Irish and although we met and lived together in Canada we have been in New Zealand for the last few months on a working holiday visa. Our application is thankfully running quite smoothly. I just passed the medical last month. Should I be expecting to receive my permanent residency through the New Zealand office or the one in Ireland?
Thanks in advance
Neither. Firstly, there is no visa office in Ireland. Irish applications are processed out of the London Visa Office.

Otherwise, some Irish files will be sent to CPC Mississauga Ontario, but not all. We were outland Irish and were processed at LVO, others have been processed at CPC M.

Caoicaoi

May 15, 2018
Neither. Firstly, there is no visa office in Ireland. Irish applications are processed out of the London Visa Office.

Otherwise, some Irish files will be sent to CPC Mississauga Ontario, but not all. We were outland Irish and were processed at LVO, others have been processed at CPC M.
Thank you for clarifying that, this is very helpful. I was unaware of that

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
My application was received at the start of March and thankfully it is going really well. I passed the medical at the end of last month and have since sent on relevant police
Sounds like you're not quite at the stage to be sent to VO, but very close. Either way it will get transferred to London (and hopefully you get an email) or stay at CPC M. CPC M is much faster to process applications than LVO.

Caoicaoi

May 15, 2018
Sounds like you're not quite at the stage to be sent to VO, but very close. Either way it will get transferred to London (and hopefully you get an email) or stay at CPC M. CPC M is much faster to process applications than LVO.
Thank you for this information. Based on that let's hope that it stays at CPC M.