+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

Edmontonian78

Jun 18, 2013
k9fortmc said:
! i just called them on the phone .. they said all the necessary checks on my file are done on the 19th of march ... he said CIC have 8 months to send me an exam letter lol in my opinion it should be this upcoming week MAX.
Did you get a pre test RQ?

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
quote author=Edmontonian78 link=topic=96731.msg2409526#msg2409526 date=1373723575]
jcp488 said:
Just want to share my timeline. I guess I'm waiting... Is this too long? :(

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 24, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 24, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 1, 2012.

Hi JCP488

Did you receive your test invitation as of today? My timeline is just a month before you apply
Hi Edmontonian78,

I am still waiting for an update.[

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
Edmontonian78,

I called the hotline number and the agent informed me that my papers were transferred in Edmonton a couple of months ago. Have you tried calling them?

Edmontonian78

Jun 18, 2013
jcp488 said:
Edmontonian78,

I called the hotline number and the agent informed me that my papers were transferred in Edmonton a couple of months ago. Have you tried calling them?
Yes i did actually i recieved a pre test RQ in dec last year which i have submitted in Jan 2013. They said everything good, they can take upto end of dec 2014 since my application is non routine because of pre test RQ.

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
So, it seems that for the Edmonton office, it takes approx. 16 months from the submission date just to get the file transferred from Sydney to the local office?
Wow. Just. WOW. :eek:

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
kisunja said:
So, it seems that for the Edmonton office, it takes approx. 16 months from the submission date just to get the file transferred from Sydney to the local office?
Wow. Just. WOW. :eek:
BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE waiting time at Edmonton. Because no one is processing our papers in Canada Place. A few months ago they posted an opening at jobs.gc.ca for Citizen Services Officer. Closing date was Aug 15, and you know how it goes, orientation, training. So expect some movement by winter. Too bad, we could have vote for our new Mayor ;D

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Oh, I would LOVE to vote, because I do have a lot to say about using my taxes for the downtown arena(swearing words, mostly :))
But as far recruitment ad for local CIC goes, there may be a positive side to it. The Federal gov't is apparently committed to raise employee productivity by imposing performance targets and dismissing the under performers (details here: http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013/06/18/tony-clement-how-and-why-were-modernizing-canadas-public-service/). While I am convinced that many federal emoloyees are honest and hard-working people, It might be the case that some "bums in the seats" at Edmonton office are actually being replaced by people willing to do the work. Or maybe more FTEs are added to the existing positions.
In any event, as a January 2013 applicant, I do not expect the test earlier than around the Canada day of next year.

jah-luv

Aug 18, 2013
How come there are no listed ceremony dates for September in Edmonton yet?

App Oct 2011. Started processing Feb 2012. transferred to Edmonton office June 2012. Wrote and passed test June 2013. Oath????

Falmaata

Jul 31, 2013
edmonton, ab , canada
Category........
Visa Office......
kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Oct 22/2015
AOR Received.
06-01-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
03-21-2015
Interview........
Done october 06/2015 / pass
Passport Req..
Handed to officer after interview
VISA ISSUED...
November 4
LANDED..........
Maybe next month
Svidur said:
Hi Everybody,

I did my test on june 12 and passed the test still waiting for the Oath can anyone give me the idea how it workes ? thanks

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Falmaata said:
Svidur said:
Hi Everybody,

I did my test on june 12 and passed the test still waiting for the Oath can anyone give me the idea how it workes ? thanks
Heard some rumors that there will be a massive oath taking ceremony from Sept. 23 to 26. One at 10am and the other at 2pm. Consisting of 45 upto 100 candidates per session at Canada Place. Is your oath taking date one of those mentioned?
When did you submit your application? Is it a family or single application? hope you don't mind sharing your timeline. Congratulations!

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Ughhhh I'm still waiting for the test date. I sent in my application in May 2011 and the file was transferred to Edmonton on Jan 2012.

I finally convinced the call centre to set me up with an appointment with CIC Edmonton. Apparently it takes 3 months to hear back!!

:-X :-X :-X

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
jaycrew said:
Ughhhh I'm still waiting for the test date. I sent in my application in May 2011 and the file was transferred to Edmonton on Jan 2012.

I finally convinced the call centre to set me up with an appointment with CIC Edmonton. Apparently it takes 3 months to hear back!!

:-X :-X :-X
REALLY??!! :eek: Your papers are transferred to CIC Edmonton office since 2012? SO who are the people scheduled for massive oath taking on September 23 to 26? Are these the applicants who submitted in 2010?

Any 2011 or 2012 applicants going to next month's oath taking ceremony? OR any Edmontonians scheduled for written exam next month?
THIS IS MADNESS!!! :-X They should "fast track" those newly hired Citizen Service Officers then.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Onyex2012 said:
Has anybody heard anything from Edmonton office? I'm still waiting for test date...applied since January 2012
No updates for me as well.
Any Edmontonians scheduled for TEST or OATH taking this month? Kindly keep us posted, we'd loved to hear from you.