+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Guys, the very least minimum we can do is to throw tweets and use #mycitizenship and #clear_citizenship_backlog while tagging @marcomendicino and @CitImmCanada but look at Twitter yourself.

There are only about 5 people a week using these hashtags… We don’t fight at all, we just complain here between each other which is useless.

Is anybody down to meet at Vancouver Expo blvd office in the morning? So we can at least talk to people working at IRCC directly.

Dec 4, 2020
Guys, the very least minimum we can do is to throw tweets and use #mycitizenship and #clear_citizenship_backlog while tagging @marcomendicino and @CitImmCanada but look at Twitter yourself.

There are only about 5 people a week using these hashtags… We don’t fight at all, we just complain here between each other which is useless.

Is anybody down to meet at Vancouver Expo blvd office in the morning? So we can at least talk to people working at IRCC directly.
Do it! I hope people join you. That was literally my last resort before they luckily picked up my application. Good luck!

Dec 4, 2020
What’s new systems in CBSA? And how does it related to IRCC’s Citizenship applications?
CBSA uses GCMS too. They can pretty much process everything from visas to PR and most likely citizenship applications too. But, it's not their job role. From my conversation, the guy was struggling to find information I was asking for and kept saying how he can't get used to the remote login environment and complained about the delay on phone as all their phones are over voip. Obviously he didn't talk in details but kept bitching and moaning about the system throughout our call. Lol

Reactions: novascotia27

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
CBSA uses GCMS too. They can pretty much process everything from visas to PR and most likely citizenship applications too. But, it's not their job role. From my conversation, the guy was struggling to find information I was asking for and kept saying how he can't get used to the remote login environment and complained about the delay on phone as all their phones are over voip. Obviously he didn't talk in details but kept bitching and moaning about the system throughout our call. Lol
Gotcha… there’s probably a lack of training then.. combined with IRCC ppl being too old and slow to adapt..

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Gotcha… there’s probably a lack of training then.. combined with IRCC ppl being too old and slow to adapt..
They are not even that old… I know the older generation doesn’t use LinkedIn but if you look at LinkedIn, there are over 50 people working for IRCC in Vancouver. Look at their profiles, they are not that old… it’s all about laziness and claiming covid-19 so they can stay home and work 75% less while getting paid 100% of their salary. What a great year it’s been for them, being home, watching Netflix and getting paid for it.

Dec 4, 2020
They are not even that old… I know the older generation doesn’t use LinkedIn but if you look at LinkedIn, there are over 50 people working for IRCC in Vancouver. Look at their profiles, they are not that old… it’s all about laziness and claiming covid-19 so they can stay home and work 75% less while getting paid 100% of their salary. What a great year it’s been for them, being home, watching Netflix and getting paid for it.
Look at most of the program directors or managers, immigration officer and analysts - they all look old. Only the directors look somewhat young but don't forget that most of work is done by immigration clerks who are legit nothing but paperpushers and could care less about how it could affect other people's lives.
Also, most LinkedIn pics are deceiving as people use filters and post best shots. Lol

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
People are complaining about unecessary delays. There are applicants from 2018/2019 with status in process while applicants from 2020 and 2021 are getting to oath ceremonies in months . what is going on ? If they cant process our applications then atleast refund the Citizenship fee.

Last edited:

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
People are complaining about unecessary delays. There are applicants from 2018/2019 with status in process while applicants from 2020 and 2021 are getting to oath ceremonies in months . what is going on ? If they cant process our applications then atleast refund the RPRF .
Rprf is only. 100$...

Syed07283

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014 Pmt charged....: 25/09/2014 P.E.R.............: 04/10/2014 Processing started: 20/11/2014 Email Verification: 27/07/2015
Med's Request
27/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/09/2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made..: 03/10/2015
Passport Req..
05/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2015
LANDED..........
21/01/2016
Finally Oath on July 2nd!!!

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Latest updates from the leader of our lobby, the excellent A.U:

Ahsan Umar said:
Just gave a 30min presentation to a key Immigration and Citizenship Opposition Party Leader explaining the backlog and systemic breakdowns.
Good news: They are willing to help!
Also, as part of a media documentary project, the pressure group is looking for testimonials from people affected by these delays, here is the announcement of the pressure group on social networks:

** This is the same original lobby group called '' Advocates for Canadian Citizenship Test Resumption'', but A.H decided to rename the lobby group's presence on social media to ''Canadian Citizenship Process Advocates'' because the problem now exceeds that of testing ...

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Latest updates from the leader of our lobby, the excellent A.U:

Also, as part of a media documentary project, the pressure group is looking for testimonials from people affected by these delays, here is the announcement of the pressure group on social networks:

** This is the same original lobby group called '' Advocates for Canadian Citizenship Test Resumption'', but A.H decided to rename the lobby group's presence on social media to ''Canadian Citizenship Process Advocates'' because the problem now exceeds that of testing ...
While I am happy someone is willing to help, but I am genuinely curious, what kind of help we can we can expect from the opposition?

Apologies if I sound a bit pessimistic here.

Reactions: QueenPeaches

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
While I am happy someone is willing to help, but I am genuinely curious, what kind of help we can we can expect from the opposition?

Apologies if I sound a bit pessimistic here.
I dont know put more arguments in the debate club called the parliament. Sympathize and get more votes. The only way forward is going to the federal court.