+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi Forum,

Another question on the translation piece. I have a Mexican govt stamp on my passport from the time I visited Mexico. Does that need translation for the interview? The date is in English but there are some Spanish language too.

Any help would be appreciated.
If any English speaker can figure out the content of the stamp, you should be good.
A stamp in a completely different alphabet, with no latin characters, would be a different story.

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
Hi Forum,

Can someone please confirm if you translated stamps that were from Mexico, european countries like Netherlands etc? The stamp letters are in english and the date is clearly visible so just wanted to confirm if these stamps need to be translated.

My interview is in one week so any help would be appreciated.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Forum,

Can someone please confirm if you translated stamps that were from Mexico, european countries like Netherlands etc? The stamp letters are in english and the date is clearly visible so just wanted to confirm if these stamps need to be translated.

My interview is in one week so any help would be appreciated.
If it's in English no translation needed.

elegant3

Oct 9, 2024
Hi everyone,

I’m seeking advice regarding my parents' Citizenship interview scheduled for October 24th. They just received the email about this interview, but they are currently back home in Pakistan, and both are seniors.

Given the short notice, I would like to know if it’s possible to:

1. Reschedule the interview to a later date.
  2. Request that it be conducted at the Pakistani embassy instead of the original location.
  3. Explore any options for conducting the interview online.
If anyone has experience with this process or knows the best way to make such a request, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Thank you in advance for your help!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I’m seeking advice regarding my parents' Citizenship interview scheduled for October 24th. They just received the email about this interview, but they are currently back home in Pakistan, and both are seniors.

Given the short notice, I would like to know if it’s possible to:

1. Reschedule the interview to a later date.
  2. Request that it be conducted at the Pakistani embassy instead of the original location.
  3. Explore any options for conducting the interview online.
If anyone has experience with this process or knows the best way to make such a request, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Thank you in advance for your help!
2-3 wont wont. You can try for 1.

elegant3

Oct 9, 2024
Thanks for the feedback!

Could anyone share advice on how to phrase the request for a reschedule? Any specific suggestions or examples would be greatly appreciated!

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I'd say that it wouldn't harm to actually ask whether it can be done online along with a reschedule... Maybe you end up with someone willing to cooperate, and maybe not, but worst case is that they ignore the online part and that's it. I agree that the Canadian embassy in Pakistan is a very very long shot.

For the message, Something short and simple.
Example (to adapt depending on whether your parent sends it if you don't have official access...)

Hi,
My parents name1 (uci A, application number B) and name2 (uci C, application number D) have been scheduled for an interview on October 24th in city.
They are now in Pakistan and, for reason X, will not be able to come back to Canada before date.
Would it be possible to accommodate them by either :
1) conduct the interview online if possible?
2) if not, have the interview take place after date? A new webform will be sent with a proof my parents are back in Canada if this is required before the potential reschedule.
Thank your for your understanding.

In the message above, I listed both UCI and application numbers in case only one can be listed in the webform, although it is probably overkill as IRCC is working on both as a family app...