+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

China Applicants Thread

mtang

May 8, 2012
EdRickTaghan said:
It is what they told us (EMS) in their last email about documents sending. So I guess it is for everything.
yea thats what it stated on mine too via email , (using EMS or registered mail)

baiyufeng

Aug 2, 2012
Joshmantis said:
What package was waiting at China Post? I thought the Beijing VO uses EMS to deliver all their material. When you contacted China Post did you just ask them if they had anything under your name or address?
Not to worry, they use EMS for the passport/PR. But we were waiting for post-appeal documents (the letter stating what documents we needed to update and how to update them). They sent this package by regular post and didn't send any notice via email/phone etc. so we didn't even know when were to expect it.

When no one was at home to receive the mail, China Post just took it to the post office and didn't bother notifying either side. We actually ended up getting a phone call in August (7 months later) from China Post about "some documents that look important" that weren't delivered. Obviously, by that time we had sorted it out, but the whole thing set us back 5 months because the embassy didn't use EMS, didn't notify us they were sent out via email/phone and wouldn't acknowledge our inquiries about lost documents.

EdRickTaghan

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal (South Shore)
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
29-05-2012
File Transfer...
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-06-2012; Passport received on July 9
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 2012-08-20; Passport Received: 2012-09-30
LANDED..........
2012-10-23 - Tickets bought
Joshmantis said:
My wife has just informed me that a few people who got their DM2 at the end of August got their passports back on Friday. Hopefully, that trend will continue this week before the week long National Day holiday starts.

Keep your fingers crossed.
My wife is doing the same follow-up which makes her very worry about our case because she heard about people getting their DM2 in September and having receiving their papers during the week-end.

I hope you are right about your comment of a rush processing before the National Day.

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
mtang said:
Yea, what i heard from my wife, there was a guy was asked for ppr 8 days after he received his stage 2 AOR and one other guy was asked 2 weeks after stage 2 AOR, so i hopefully we get ours soon.
and yes we received our AOR by email, the applicant's email only.

hope you get yours soon too :)
thanks, good luck with your ppr, keep our fingers crossed

Wifey and I are getting really impatient, if I don't get a word from them by the end of the week in response to at least one of my 4 contact attempts, I will have to call some good ol' friend for a drink ;)

Meanwhile trying to remain positive, going to see wifey next week, was able to finally secure some time off from work :D :D :D it's been 3 freaking long months :'(

mtang

May 8, 2012
ohliuw said:
thanks, good luck with your ppr, keep our fingers crossed

Wifey and I are getting really impatient, if I don't get a word from them by the end of the week in response to at least one of my 4 contact attempts, I will have to call some good ol' friend for a drink ;)

Meanwhile trying to remain positive, going to see wifey next week, was able to finally secure some time off from work :D :D :D it's been 3 freaking long months :'(
i didnt see my wife since March :'(.

it took 51 days to get our AOR2 since our case was transfered to bj vo, but anyhow, i just checked my status on ECAS, it went from "application received" to "in process", it said they started working on our case on Sept 21st :)

LnVcanada

Sep 26, 2012
Joshmantis said:
Yes, it's ok, because my wife was reading other posts (in Chinese) about sending your passport in early and apparently, many people do it. The worst they could do is send it back, but they wouldn't do that because they'd have to spend more money.
U really got me :D when I read that" but they wouldn't do that because they'd have to spend more money."

LnVcanada

Sep 26, 2012
EdRickTaghan said:
For us, the home address was changed on August 31; 11 days after DM2.

Today, was our 32nd waiting day for the Visa!
Have U got your visa? Seem like I know your wife, from chengdu,China?
anyway,good luck~

EdRickTaghan

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal (South Shore)
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
29-05-2012
File Transfer...
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
LnVcanada said:
Have U got your visa? Seem like I know your wife, from chengdu,China?
anyway,good luck~
Still waiting for it (37 days). Shi de, she is the one!

LnVcanada

Sep 26, 2012
EdRickTaghan said:
Still waiting for it (37 days). Shi de, she is the one!
'Cause U both have same time line, especially this 37 days:D,so I just make a wild guess ;D ;D :D and wish U good luck~

annesophie

Aug 7, 2012
Hi ! I submitted my demand to CIC Mississauga on Sept. 3rd, and I still did not receive anything, no confirmation of reception, nothing. Is this normal ?
thanks a lot !!!

Anne-SOphie

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
mtang said:
i didnt see my wife since March :'(.

it took 51 days to get our AOR2 since our case was transfered to bj vo, but anyhow, i just checked my status on ECAS, it went from "application received" to "in process", it said they started working on our case on Sept 21st :)
any news on your side? another newsless week for us, will send them another email today, and if there is no movement by time I come back after spending 2 weeks with wifey, I will drastically change my approach :mad: :mad: :mad:

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
annesophie said:
Hi ! I submitted my demand to CIC Mississauga on Sept. 3rd, and I still did not receive anything, no confirmation of reception, nothing. Is this normal ?
thanks a lot !!!

Anne-SOphie
You should post in the September applicants thread, but judging by the recent events, people are getting their stage 1 approval within 40-60 days, so I suppose you will get yours in October.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2012-applicants-join-here-t118071.0.html

Joshmantis

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Ningbo, China - Niagara Region
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
No notification
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
DM2 on September 12th, 2012 - Passport with Visa inside: October 7th, 2012
LANDED..........
Flight booked for November 1st, 2012
Still no passport for my wife.

We had 2nd Decision Made on September 12th (16 days ago). I assume it's coming soon, and just so everyone knows, the embassy staff seem to only have Oct 1st off for the holiday. So they should be back to work on Tuesday.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Is it true that China Post is closed for the entire week?? I think the HK visa office sent my wife's passport today, but if China Post is closed, what will happen to it? I mean, surely they have some kind of system in place to handle all the mail that's going to get backlogged if it's true about the closure...right??

FS

EdRickTaghan

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal (South Shore)
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
29-05-2012
File Transfer...
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Fencesitter said:
Is it true that China Post is closed for the entire week?? I think the HK visa office sent my wife's passport today, but if China Post is closed, what will happen to it? I mean, surely they have some kind of system in place to handle all the mail that's going to get backlogged if it's true about the closure...right??

FS
My wife told me that mail will be delivered during the week. They would be off only on Monday.