+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline, WHO FILLED IN 2010

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have passed 9.5 months and still in process, just sent required documents recently so I assume another 2.5 before I hear anything so 9.5+2.5= 12 MONTHS

Missing You

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC ISLB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
OCT 2010
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING...
But, my spouse hasn't recieved her AOR yet and CHC -ISB said its been sent on the 4th of october 2010. Is this normal?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Missing You said:
But, my spouse hasn't recieved her AOR yet and CHC -ISB said its been sent on the 4th of october 2010. Is this normal?
This is not normal, you should receive AOR after a week or may be 2 weeks maximum from when they have sent it if they sent it on the correct address. Or it could've just got lost during delivery, you know that happens quite a bit in Pakistan. I would check the status of the application online using your cliendt ID and see what it says. Also along with AOR they send the immigration file number aswell which can be used to check the online status and the address on file is also shown there. Tell your spouse to email the Islamabad embassy to explain the situation and ask for the Immigration file number. If you weren't signed as your spouse's representative they won't give you any information, so your spouse must contact them. Qoute applicant's DOB, full name, passport number and your client ID in the email and see if they reply.

Missing You

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC ISLB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
OCT 2010
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING...
So, what your saying, when ever I the client send them an email about my applications they wont reply to my emails cause im not the applicant? and they did provide my file no. when i sent them an email in october saying if they recieved my applications and thats when they sent me an email saying "Yes, they did and my case is under process and that my spouses AOR has been sent on OCT, 4th, 2010 which my spouse hasnt recived anything yet. I sent them an email regarding the AOR and they last emailed me saying I have to provide my spouses D.O.B, full name, file no. and all. which i did and i havn't recieved any reply since. I checked the online service and entered my client id and all and it says on he permenat residence status, thats its "NOT AVAILABLE." But, when i entered my fil no. and all my spouses information it says in process and how islamabad started processing my applications on oct 4th and i didnt recieve the AOR yet. My problem now is that they arn't replying to my emails :S which is weird i have been waiting for 2 weeks now.:( any idea on whats going on? The address listed on my online service is correct.

Missing You

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC ISLB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
OCT 2010
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING...
and I think i filled in as her rep. i have provided all my spouses information to verify her identity and also my identity as the client. But, all i know is online the status is IN PROCESS. i hjave explained the situation about my spouses AOR and recieved no reply. I dont know whats going on. i just hope they reply to my emails, they should cause i have provided all the information of the client which is me and the applicant (my spouse). I dont know what else to do. But,to email them. My question now is, Does it really matter if the applicant or the client emails them to talk about their application or does the applicant have to communicate with them. I dont see a problem cause i have provided all the information of both the applicant and client and its not like, they didnt ever email me.They did email me before about my application status.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Missing you buddy plz dont send any more emails and dont worry about AOR if your wife has not received it yet. AOR is nothing more than a paper saying that CHC has started your file on this xxxxxx date, which you can already track online thats it, however If you really want to see AOR letter I dont mind showing you my AOR date.

Dont worry about AOR, its not a GOLD paper. After 9 month when your file term will arrive they will contact you if they need anything from your end. Just relaxed and enjoye bachlor life for the next 9 months.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Well if you have received information in the past then I am sure you have signed yourself as the rep. and thats why you have been receiving replies. But now I think they are just avoiding email replies these days and I don't blame them because people don't have paitience and they probably have to reply 10,000 emails a day. Above post is correct, You don't need to worry about the file for a good 9-10 months and if you can see the status showing "in process" that means they have the file in their system. The only thing I would worry about now is that for all 2010 applicants they sent out a "supplementary information form" which your spouse hasn't received so if I were you buddy, I will use the "PR applican'ts email address" to email them with all the info and explaining the situation and asking if there was anything else they sent alonng with AOR and if they need any other information. Sometimes, they do ask for extra documents along with the AOR so I would definately try to contact them by email or even phone (+92 51 208 6000) to see what needs to be done just incase if the applicant was supposed to send something but didn't due to not recieving the papers in the mail. Just use your spouse's email to send them an email instead of yours and see if you receive any reply. Good Luck! Also keep in mind that they are closed now and might not reply because of EID.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree on supplementry forms with AOR, but sending those forms after receiving AOR is useless since forms are going to be filed in your application. After 9-10 month when there will be a review on your file than they will send you the new forms and asking you to refill again with the 9-10 waiting months activities while your application was in process. My spouse receive the form with re-medical letter to refill the form again with the dates from the submission of application date. Also my brother-in-law has received the supplementry forms with AOR but we have not sent since March but surely sending them next month just before completing 9 months.

Missing You

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC ISLB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
OCT 2010
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING...
Hey, thanks for the replies and yeah i should stop emailing them. But, in the email they sent me at first. They say we are waiting for the forms to be returned, in order for them to review my application. Thats why i was worried of my spouse not receiving her letter with her the form.

Missing You

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC ISLB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
OCT 2010
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING...
what they said they sent is, Acknowledgment letter of course, supplementary form and a Afghan questionnaire and to send back supplementary form and the afghan questionnaire so they can start viewing my file. So, I don't know. I just hope it comes soon and to the previous guy that replied to my post. i really appreciate your reply. I understand that the AOR isn't that important. But, with the AOR they sent these 2 forms which they need filled and sent back to Islamabad.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are not getting the reply from islamabad , then ask the applicant (sponsored person) to contact them with file number, applicant second and first name and date of birth. You should be able to track the status online with either your client id, your second name, date of birth and country of birth or with applicant file number, second name, DOB and country of birth.

anzee

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
Mar 2012
AOR Received.
Mar 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
Aug 18, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2012
LANDED..........
???????????
Hi, i m planning to apply for my spouse but the processing time mentioned on website is 16 months, it really takes 16 months to process or it's just the maximum.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
^^its an average and it varies from case to case. Average for applicants on this forum is from 12 to 18 months so yeah pretty close to the CIC website...

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
humtum143 said:
:'( I Feel your pain YA Allah Immat de
hey.... i cn feel ur pian alos , my 1st wedding anivarsary also passed widout my hubby... soo sad n frustration....