11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
10 Jul 2012; Submitted: 12 Jul 2012; Decision Made: 03 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
jay123456 said:
My friend ask your Local Mp and they will tell you why the wait time is soo high - I spoke to mine already TWICE and she said that they moved the Canadian office from Kabul to Islamabad --- Yeah they moved it to Pakistan -- So i guess PAKISTAN IS NOT THAT BAD at all -- so same amount of officers are handling twice the work now.
I think they should divide the work between india pak bangladesh and Sirilanka so its fair --- Cant just dump it on Visa office
I did speak with my MP, or rather his special assistant, regarding this matter a while back. He said that there are two primary causes for delays: " i) Volume. Number of spousal applications Islamabad office receives is fairly significant - more than what they can chew on; ii) delayed response from the Pak govt. dept. If the CAN embassy in Pak requests verification of a certain document, i.e. police certificate clearance, the current response from the appropriate Pak dept. is very slow thus slowing down the application process."

I then asked him what is Ottawa doing to alleviate the existing bottle neck of spousal applications? His response was that they are looking into increasing the number of immigration officers early this year. You can pose your MP the same question and see what her response is... No need to protest as yet :)

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
Danny4450 said:
The Canadian High commissioner in Pakistan Ross Hynes was previously posted in Kenya. He was responsible for the timeline in Kenya to go upto 32 months. Since he moved to Islamabad, the timeline went up from 6 months to 9 months, to 12 months, to 14 months, to 21 months to 23 months to 24 months. You catch my drift ?
It is possible, but we can't 'prove' this can we? :D

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
Arkansas2045 said:
It is possible, but we can't 'prove' this can we? :D
You still have any doubts about it?

The primary reason for this delay given by MP's is the time it takes for background checks to be completed in Pakistan and that is a big fat lie. We all know they have reduced the visa quota by 50% in the past 3 years and this is the main reason there is such a huge backlog of applications. From the time they start the background check till the Visa is issued, the whole time takes not even 5 months to complete. We can prove that the spousal sponsorship from Pakistan is being delayed on purpose supported by the number of spousal Visa's issued since 2009. I don't have the stats link right now but I shall find it for you.

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
Danny4450 said:
You still have any doubts about it?

The primary reason for this delay given by MP's is the time it takes for background checks to be completed in Pakistan and that is a big fat lie. We all know they have reduced the visa quota by 50% in the past 3 years and this is the main reason there is such a huge backlog of applications. From the time they start the background check till the Visa is issued, the whole time takes not even 5 months to complete. We can prove that the spousal sponsorship from Pakistan is being delayed on purpose supported by the number of spousal Visa's issued since 2009. I don't have the stats link right now but I shall find it for you.
I don't disagree with you. I also don't fully buy the reason(s) MPs' give for the delays. There is probably some truth and some lie in their responses. This is how politicians are.

i.Solo

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Bestplace4u

May be you are right about Shahbaz Batti as I have already mentioned it was just my opinion.

But I strongly believe that Muslims are being systematically targeted in this country.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/09/06/harper-911-terrorism-islamic-interview.html

I wil be more than happy to give you more links if you wish. An environment is being created to suppress Muslims' population. Newspapers are filled with craps against Muslims and Islam everyday. Just read the comments of people in CBC or Globe & Mail. They are full of poison. And media is happy to publish their anti-Islamic views. Recently a Mosque is vandalized second time. What would u accept when an environment is filled with hatred against Muslims.

And now our crappy govt is creating an office of religious freedom. They just conducted a closed consultation .... Bothe Jews and christian representatives were invited but they did not invite Muslim representatives ..... what a F**k..... I guess according to this govt there are only two major Religions in the world.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/12/07/pol-religious-freedoms-panel.html

I can go on and on....But I will conclude this here and invite u to dipute my claim with logical arguments and some link which would suggest that that Muslims are being treated equally in this country.

And I just gave a second look on processing time and all Muslim countries have longer processing time than Non-Muslim countries. Only Exception is Turkey

bestplace4u said:
Sir if u dont mind its not related to Shahbaz Bhatti's killing, like i said earlier when my process was started I had a time line mentioned on AOR 9 months and actually it was 15 months then after 3 months it reached to 18 then 21 and it all happened before the murder of Shahbaz Bhatti.
It is not about being Muslim as well as we have other Muslim countries with lesser time lines.

Wish u all good luck with ur protest :)

i.Solo

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If people want to go for protest than it is totally up to them.It's their choice. NO ONE should stop or discourage them. If you don't want to join than don't join but please don't stop or discourage others.

jay123456

Star Member
Nov 1, 2011
ok Guys -- Lets stay on the topic and not loose focus -- We are doing this --- right???- We are not Pakistanis living in Canada -- I am a Canadian -- hows that ---- Lets tell that to the immigration minister --- We have rights and we pay taxes --- Pakistan is Awesome and if it was such a bad place why did u intend on marrying someone there?
Lets not discuss what Muslims are --- Why dont they hire more people in PAkistan ???? Indias and china population is four times than Pakistan -- let be realistic -- They are going to End up giving Immigration to our spouses anyways -- So why so late ????

Let see how we can get this into action --

i.Solo

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Totally Agree

jay123456 said:
ok Guys -- Lets stay on the topic and not loose focus -- We are doing this --- right???- We are not Pakistanis living in Canada -- I am a Canadian -- hows that ---- Lets tell that to the immigration minister --- We have rights and we pay taxes --- Pakistan is Awesome and if it was such a bad place why did u intend on marrying someone there?
Lets not discuss what Muslims are --- Why dont they hire more people in PAkistan ???? Indias and china population is four times than Pakistan -- let be realistic -- They are going to End up giving Immigration to our spouses anyways -- So why so late ????

Let see how we can get this into action --

jay024

Jan 5, 2012
Thanks Danny for the info..

so i managed to get history of phone calls from my long distance provider. Called Western Union to get the history of sending money and figured its a painfull process to get it from them. it might take couple of weeks before i get the history as i have to write a hand written letter to them with a $25 check. once they recieve it they will mail it back...

anyways

here is what im sending to islamabad once recieved...

phone bills, copy of pasport stamps for pakistan, sending money history and pictures... is that enough?

also how do i write the letter? i mean is there any letter head or anything? can anyone help me write it?

ahh in february its going to be 12 months... people say it usually takes 18 months and i should not bother them at all by sending letters or emails? is that true?

i also agree with some of you that its tuff keeping a long distance relationship and keep telling her dont worry theres only few more months left... :(

Danny4450 said:
Walekum Assalam,

You should have already sent your proof of relationship and visit to Pakistan. If you could send it within the next week or so, chances are they will put it together with your file before your initial review. You should write a cover letter and mention that you are sending additional proof of relationship consisting of boarding passes from the visit, copy of ticket, entry/exit stamp on the passport, pictures from the visit, your phone bills, email/chat convos, money transfer receipts, gift receipts etc. Don't forget to write your file number on the letter. You will have to mail these documents to CHC Islamabad at this address:

Canadian High Commission
Diplomatic Enclave, Sector G-5
Islamabad
(051) 208-6000

Its tough to say when you would be done. It takes an average of 16 months after file transfer to get Visa for wife cases unless its not a straight forward case.

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
jay024 said:
Thanks Danny for the info..

so i managed to get history of phone calls from my long distance provider. Called Western Union to get the history of sending money and figured its a painfull process to get it from them. it might take couple of weeks before i get the history as i have to write a hand written letter to them with a $25 check. once they recieve it they will mail it back...

anyways

here is what im sending to islamabad once recieved...

phone bills, copy of pasport stamps for pakistan, sending money history and pictures... is that enough?

also how do i write the letter? i mean is there any letter head or anything? can anyone help me write it?

ahh in february its going to be 12 months... people say it usually takes 18 months and i should not bother them at all by sending letters or emails? is that true?

i also agree with some of you that its tuff keeping a long distance relationship and keep telling her dont worry theres only few more months left... :(
If the money transfer receipt will take 2 weeks it means you will probably be sending your stuff by 4th week of January. Remember it takes them about 25-30 days to attach the documents with the file. So I would say just go ahead with what you have right now; Phone bills, passport stamps, a copy of your air ticket (if possible) and pictures from your trip. The sooner you get it there, the better it is.

Here is a draft I just made quickly for you:

Canadian High Commission
Visa Section
P.O. Box 1042
Islamabad
Pakistan

Immigration File:
Name:
Date of Birth:
Wife’s name:

Dear Visa Officer:

This letter is to provide you with some updated additional proofs of contact as well as proof of my visit to my spouse in Pakistan. Please place the following to the Immigration file # B011111111 ( or F011111111) for SPONSORED SPOUSE NAME (SPOUSE D.O.B.):

1-Recent Pictures from the Visit to Pakistan with labels
2-Recent Long Distance and phone history showing calls made to my wife from my phone.
3-Ticket reservation details and copy of Entry and Exit stamp pages from my passport for my visit to my spouse

Thank you.

Sincerely,
SPONSOR NAME

B

bestplace4u

i.Solo said:
@ Bestplace4u

May be you are right about Shahbaz Batti as I have already mentioned it was just my opinion.

nd I just gave a second look on processing time and all Muslim countries have longer processing time than Non-Muslim countries. Only Exception is Turkey
U Win :)

just a 3rd look for u about the processing time of Muslims countries.

Abu Dhabi-UAE 27 Months
Cairo Egypt-14 months
Dakar-Senegal 20 months
Rabat Moroco - 8 months

Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia - 11 months
Ankara - Turkey - 5 months

now lets have look at the non muslim countries with higher processing time.

Accra - Ghana - 19 months
Nairobi - Kenya- 30 months
Pretoria - South Africa- 19 months

Hong Kong - China -19 months
Singapore - 22 months
Bogota - Colombia - 17 months
Caracas - Venezuela -21 months
Santiago - Chile - 20 months
Santo Domingo - Dominican Republic - 18 months

the debate u r having I already had with Danny :) so I don't want to go back to the ground zero that is why i am saying u win :)
now lets focus on the protest :D

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
freinds you all are wellcomed that what are the reasons that west thinks us security risk and how can we change them . i request every one to share his view and a positive critical analysis is required .
hi friends i am coming up with some issues now which needs a debt and need to be addressed .reason why paksitanies are considerd security risk to canada
1) we are fundamentalist .stubburn. restive
2) we are less skillfull
3) we are hypocrate
4) we are criminal
5) we are currupt
6) we do not make canada or england our home
7) strong ties with paksitan
most importent we do not mix up with society and we are very rich in our own culture so we can not adopt canadain or english culture
9) we import more negative things then positve when we migrate
10) our attitude and behaviour is not right neither closer to there standerds
there are many other things but i think these are the core issuse which i do beleive exist and we have to address these issue i will say please discuse one by one and also need saloution for it . thanks

i.Solo

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is a common knowledge that Muslims are being targeted. But actually they are not the only one. Blacks are also feeling prejudice too.I have met a lot of Blacks who express their concern. They are just above the Muslims in totem pole. And most countries which you mentioned have fairly a large amount of Muslim Population.
In fact few right wings think thanks want govt to give immigration only to blue eyed / white people. And if you see it down than you will clearly see a pattern. Reality is not always pretty ...It will hit u hard if you are not prepared... ;D

Abu Dhabi - UAE 27 Accra - Ghana 19
Cairo - Egypt 14 Nairobi - Kenya 30
Dakar - Senegal 20 Pretoria - South Africa 19
Damascus - Syria 13 Tel Aviv - Israel 8
Rabat – Morocco 8 Beijing - China 5
Islamabad - Pakistan 26 Colombo - Sri Lanka 11
Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia 11 Hong Kong - China 19
Ankara - Turkey 5 Manila - Philippines 10
New Delhi - India 6
Singapore - Singapore 22
Sydney - Australia 7
Taipei - Taiwan 5
Tokyo - Japan 6
Berlin - Germany 9
Bucharest - Romania 6
Kiev - Ukraine 7
London - UK 7
Moscow - Russia 10
Paris - France 8
Rome - Italy 11
Vienna - Austria 9
Warsaw - Poland 7
Bogota - Colombia 17
Buenos Aires - Argentina 10
Buffalo - United States 11
Caracas - Venezuela 21
Guatemala City - Gmala 17
Havana - Cuba 10
Kingston - Jamaica 16
Lima - Peru 13
Mexico City - Mexico 14
Port-au-Prince - Haiti 6
Port of Spain - T&Tobago 15
Santiago - Chile 20
Santo Domingo - DR 18
South Korea 8

Muslims Non Muslim
# of Total Countries 8 37
Average time (months ) 15.5 12 Months
Processing times =/< 6 Months 0 Country 6 counties

bestplace4u said:
U Win :)

just a 3rd look for u about the processing time of Muslims countries.

the debate u r having I already had with Danny :) so I don't want to go back to the ground zero that is why i am saying u win :)
now lets focus on the protest

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
Who cares

Maybe thats what we deserve for leaving are countries

babarkhan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2011
Khilafah5 said:
Who cares

Maybe thats what we deserve for leaving are countries
nope bro..... This whole world is ours! If it wasnt for us, this world wouldn't be here! We r the Ummat e Muhamadi (pbuh) this whole world is because of us bro!