+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

QD

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
LLCOOLPaki said:
I am planning to go talk to the relavent people.

I dont think just waiting and waiting and waiting would work.

I guess we will be always waiting and let other guy go and talk.

thats how we are I guess :)
Actually some other members were also talking about it but i'm not sure how they will go about it. Sponsors in Canada are in a much better position to talk to concerned authourites to reduce timelines. After providing so much documentation and proofs we have been waiting for such a long painful period. I mean we do whatever is possible to satisfy visa officers but still we can't say when our case will be finalized.We go for a complete wedding to make our case strong and take all the pain of living apart from eachother so that there are no issues in our processing. As compared to Nikkah relationship, element of emotional attachment could be more in cases where spouses have actually lived together for a certain time. If volume of applications is an issue currently then same can be resolved by hiring more staff. If staff can not be posted at Islamabad due to security problem then our files can be transferred to other visa offices for processing where staff can work on our files. I'm just praying that they do something to speed up the process.

Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20-12-2011
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
xxxx
Passport Req..
20-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
18th March 2012
volume of application is not issue, India has more applications than pakistan, they jst wanna treat like us the way they want, we can only prey n saber thts it, wese bhee Allah karnay wala hay not CIC..

waqarcan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2009
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-11-2009
File Transfer...
10-11-2009
Med's Request
02-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-03-2011
Passport Req..
07-12- 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Passport received with VISA on 10th January 2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon Insha Allah
Does anybody know how long does it take to get the CAIPS? Can it be requested through email and what are the procedures to do that? does it cost money if I order it through electronic mail?

Thanks

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waqarcan said:
Does anybody know how long does it take to get the CAIPS? Can it be requested through email and what are the procedures to do that? does it cost money if I order it through electronic mail?

Thanks
It takes 30 days. You fill them out like the CAIPS/GCMS forms. But the difference is you check mark them to be delivered via EMAIL. You got to scan all the forms and send them to the email address ATIP-AIPRP @ cic.gc.ca.

Also note that if your CAIPS/GCMS file is more than 25 pages long then they will send it to you via MAIL regardless of your preference to receive it in email as it is too large for them to scan and email):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/completed.asp

Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual Form (IMM 5475)
Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM 5563)
Credit Card Payment Form (IMM 5667)

For instructions on how to fill the GCMS/CAIPS request forms see below instructions:

1. Have your sponsored spouse fill out this form, IMM5475 Step by step instructions follow below:

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case file to the following individual."

Then have your sponsored spouse fill out all of his particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. Islamabad, etc.)

Then fill out your (sponsor's) personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your sponsored spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom

2. You must now fill out this form: IMM5563 Step by step instructions follow below:

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number). This is to be filled by the officer processing your request.

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)." You must pay $ 5 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French.

Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records."

Fill out your spouse's information under the "Client Information" box
Under the next heading, "Request for- Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "Canadian High Commission (ISLAMABAD)" under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box. DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially not the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you. It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your case is processed)
In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.
Sign and date.

3. Make out a credit card payment payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $ 5 on IMM 5667.

samina Darr

Dec 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My question is i applied for my husband n july 2010, and still not have done, wht they r doing CIC, dnt know why they taking mch time even our case straight,,,, does more ppl getting late visas?

kachrakhana

Dec 21, 2010
Saint John
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LLCOOLPaki said:
I am planning to go talk to the relavent people.

I dont think just waiting and waiting and waiting would work.

I guess we will be always waiting and let other guy go and talk.

thats how we are I guess :)
Hi LLCOOLPAKI,

I am also ready to go with you to the immigration department.I gave suggestion last week to have a get together and go to the relevant people ,like Immigration department,MP and media as well.They are doing human rights voilation.I have been waiting for last 16-17 month .....I was think if more people go together then they might hear our voice ..........

kachrakhana

Dec 21, 2010
Saint John
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samina Darr said:
My question is i applied for my husband n july 2010, and still not have done, wht they r doing CIC, dnt know why they taking mch time even our case straight,,,, does more ppl getting late visas?
I applied in Aug 2010 and still waiting So don't worry ,there are lots of other people in the same boat.

samina Darr

Dec 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes but as a woman i need my husband here as soon as possible,,, as i am doing on my own everything, Allah CIC ko Hadiat day Ameen

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samina Darr said:
Yes, if you see the Google Spreadsheet link in my signatures and you will find that there are many waiting even before you. The latest update is 26 months.

simba

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
pak
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2010
AOR Received.
03-2010
dear wes how is ur wifey??????? what is she doing these days??

R.Mujgani

Champion Member
May 14, 2011
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2011
AOR Received.
Wakalat Nama March 2012/ Supp. forms June 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2011 (Ecase changed to IN PROCCESS October 26 2012)
Med's Request
November 21th 2012
Med's Done....
November 29th 2012
Interview........
Waived Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah April 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdulillah June 28 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah July 14 2013
u guys dont get upset n excited bout CHC not replyin to emails

they used to reply fast to emails but now that htey have lots of work to do on our cases i guess they are takin bout two
weeks to reply...... dont worry bout emails being replied or not

jus pray that they work hard n faster on our cases
Ameen

kachrakhana

Dec 21, 2010
Saint John
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys ,

Is there any way ,I can order CAIPS notes online ? I found some websites but they are not official sites.Please let me know.

kachrakhana

Dec 21, 2010
Saint John
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys ,I am filing IMM5563 form to order CAIPS.Please help me out.

There are two Options in New IMM5563 form.Do I have to check both of them

1) Access to information act ( 5.00 $)
2)Privacy Act (Proof of citizanship or Permanent Residence in Canada )

humpakwatankaylog said:
It takes 30 days. You fill them out like the CAIPS/GCMS forms. But the difference is you check mark them to be delivered via EMAIL. You got to scan all the forms and send them to the email address ATIP-AIPRP @ cic.gc.ca.

Also note that if your CAIPS/GCMS file is more than 25 pages long then they will send it to you via MAIL regardless of your preference to receive it in email as it is too large for them to scan and email):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/completed.asp

Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual Form (IMM 5475)
Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM 5563)
Credit Card Payment Form (IMM 5667)

For instructions on how to fill the GCMS/CAIPS request forms see below instructions:

1. Have your sponsored spouse fill out this form, IMM5475 Step by step instructions follow below:

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case file to the following individual."

Then have your sponsored spouse fill out all of his particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. Islamabad, etc.)

Then fill out your (sponsor's) personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your sponsored spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom

2. You must now fill out this form: IMM5563 Step by step instructions follow below:

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number). This is to be filled by the officer processing your request.

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)." You must pay $ 5 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French.

Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records."

Fill out your spouse's information under the "Client Information" box
Under the next heading, "Request for- Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "Canadian High Commission (ISLAMABAD)" under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box. DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially not the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you. It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your case is processed)
In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.
Sign and date.

3. Make out a credit card payment payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $ 5 on IMM 5667.