+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

M

maximus391

Thanks for the replies... lets hope we all get our visas soon:) I think for all the Pakistanis background checks take a lot of time

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mariah said:
well i agree tht u shud live with ur spouses after getting maaried ..i was living with mine too till may....coz permenant residents r supposed to live in canada while the spouse recieve there pr....thts just the way it is... i came to canada coz my lawyer said its better to live the last few days apart or they can create issue....so i suggest both of u to move to canada when ur close to the ppr request....at time they do check whether the sponsor is in canada or not...rest is upto u
goodluck
Yess you r right permanent residents have no choice, a sponsor should be living in Canada within the processing time.. but Citizens can live out of canada, only they have to prove IO that they will go back and live in canada once the PR is granted. For this they can show them some letter from the employeer and letter from some relatives in canada offering a place to live untill they find some place to live....

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
REMEDICAL REQUEST SEPT 2010
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA MARCH 17
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
Congratulations Sana........

Sweet901

Aug 17, 2010
Sana Hasan said:
BY THE GRACE OF ALLAH (SWT) I HAVE RECEIVED MY PASSPORT WITH VISA STAMPED TODAY!! :) 16 MONTHS OF WAIT IS FINALLY OVER!!

ALLAH KA LAKH LAKH SHUKAR!

I HOPE ALLTHE OTHER WAITING SPOUSE GET LUCKY TOO INSHAA-ALLAH!!
Oh wow, that took a while :|

Baseera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Hi EVERYONE I JUST READ SOME REPLIES, I LIVE WITH MY HUSBAND IT HAS BEEN 3 MONTHS NOW SINCE I CAME FROM CANADA LIVING WITH MY HUSBAND HERE IN AFGHANISTAN BECAUSE HIS SPONSERSHIP IS TAKING TOO LONG... I HOPE THIS WONT MAKE HIS CASE MORE COMPLICATED... BUT THIS WAS ENOUGH FOR US LIVING APART FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS..... RECENTLY WE HAVE RECIEVED A LETTER SAYING THAT WE HAVE TO PROVE THAT OUR MARRIAGE IS REAL AND WE HAD TO SEND SOME DOCUMENTS THAT PROVES OUR RELATIONSHIP AND PICTURES..... I AM STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO REPLY THAT THOSE DOCUMENTS ARE PROVING OUR RELATIONSHIP... WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE FOR THEM TO MAKE A DECISSION HAS ANYONE GONE TROUGH THE SAME SETUATION AS WE ARE?

PROCESSING OF HIS APLICATION WAS STARTED APRIL 2008
INTERVIEW WAS SCADUALED MAY 4 2009 AND TILL NOW WE HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING... UNTIL APRIL 2010 WE RECIEVED A LETTER SAYING THAT OUR MARRIAGE IS NOT REAL... FOR GOD SAKE WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE THEY... NOW THEY HAVE DECIDED THAT OUR MARRIAGE IS NOT REALL... I HOPE THIS THING IS OVER BEFORE I GO CRAZY... PLEASE HELP SOMEONE..

B

bestplace4u

Baseera said:
Hi EVERYONE I JUST READ SOME REPLIES, I LIVE WITH MY HUSBAND IT HAS BEEN 3 MONTHS NOW SINCE I CAME FROM CANADA LIVING WITH MY HUSBAND HERE IN AFGHANISTAN BECAUSE HIS SPONSERSHIP IS TAKING TOO LONG... I HOPE THIS WONT MAKE HIS CASE MORE COMPLICATED... BUT THIS WAS ENOUGH FOR US LIVING APART FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS..... RECENTLY WE HAVE RECIEVED A LETTER SAYING THAT WE HAVE TO PROVE THAT OUR MARRIAGE IS REAL AND WE HAD TO SEND SOME DOCUMENTS THAT PROVES OUR RELATIONSHIP AND PICTURES..... I AM STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO REPLY THAT THOSE DOCUMENTS ARE PROVING OUR RELATIONSHIP... WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE FOR THEM TO MAKE A DECISSION HAS ANYONE GONE TROUGH THE SAME SETUATION AS WE ARE?

PROCESSING OF HIS APLICATION WAS STARTED APRIL 2008
INTERVIEW WAS SCADUALED MAY 4 2009 AND TILL NOW WE HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING... UNTIL APRIL 2010 WE RECIEVED A LETTER SAYING THAT OUR MARRIAGE IS NOT REAL... FOR GOD SAKE WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE THEY... NOW THEY HAVE DECIDED THAT OUR MARRIAGE IS NOT REALL... I HOPE THIS THING IS OVER BEFORE I GO CRAZY... PLEASE HELP SOMEONE..
This is so sad they don't understand that chances of illegal marraiges in Pakistan and Afghanistan are nearly impossible.
well i think u shud take pics of u and ur husband together and with the family members send them those get few letters of support from friends and family send them these things as soon as possible show them u r living with him send them copies of ticket and boarding passes.
I hope things get better for u soon.

H

humpakwatan

My husband received his AOR 8/30/2010 in Pakistan.

Heres my timeline:
App. Filed.......: 06-24-2010
AOR Received.: 07-30-2010
File Transfer...: 07-30-2010
PK AOR Recieved: 08-30-2010

Is the interview next? And I am guessing its a few more months of wait before the interview calls comes up.

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
now wait for 10months before they contact u and 14-16 months to get ppr

vsg

Sep 1, 2010
Hi all, I hope you all are doing well, this is my first post in this forum so i look forward to spending my time here and hearing back from you guys..

Anyways, the reason for me posting here is because I sponsored my wife ( who is in Pakistan) to come to canada, but am a bit worried now since i have not heard anything from Islamabad high commission as of yet. Basically my time line is as follow:
March 10 submitted the application to Mississauga
April 10' Sponsorship application was approved and the case was transferred over to Islamabad.
Now when I look at the status on e-cas it does tell me that the visa process was started on April 9th 2010, but what I am concerned about is that although it has been about 6 moths, my wife is yet to receive AOR from Islamabad. Now I know that AOR by it self is not significant (other than the fact that it would have the visa file number) I am worried that they might have wrong address on file for my wife (or something like that)
So is this delay in receiving the AOR, something I should worry about or is it quite normal? And if this is indeed a problem should I write to the high commission about this ?
Any help in this regard would be much appreciated

zohal

Star Member
Aug 11, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
February 2010, send it back on February 2010, more documents request on January 2011, send it back on february 2011
AOR Received.
February 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Request
February 2011
Med's Done....
September 2009, February 2011
Passport Req..
April 24, 2011
vsg said:
Hi all, I hope you all are doing well, this is my first post in this forum so i look forward to spending my time here and hearing back from you guys..

Anyways, the reason for me posting here is because I sponsored my wife ( who is in Pakistan) to come to canada, but am a bit worried now since i have not heard anything from Islamabad high commission as of yet. Basically my time line is as follow:
March 10 submitted the application to Mississauga
April 10' Sponsorship application was approved and the case was transferred over to Islamabad.
Now when I look at the status on e-cas it does tell me that the visa process was started on April 9th 2010, but what I am concerned about is that although it has been about 6 moths, my wife is yet to receive AOR from Islamabad. Now I know that AOR by it self is not significant (other than the fact that it would have the visa file number) I am worried that they might have wrong address on file for my wife (or something like that)
So is this delay in receiving the AOR, something I should worry about or is it quite normal? And if this is indeed a problem should I write to the high commission about this ?
Any help in this regard would be much appreciated

Hi,
Welcome to waiting list, check on e-cas what address they have for your wife and also send them email saying that you haven't received your AOR letter (most of time they asking for additional information with AOR) so they might be waiting for that.
And good luck

haftowrang

Sep 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, my husband had an interview today in islamabad pakistan, they asked him about my date of birth, and many more..etc etc, he said everything was ok, he also showed them his passport since they asked him to bring it with him. After the interview, they said he will receive a letter. he asked the police officer how long it would take, and he said it might take for along time. When do you guys think he will get a approval/refusal letter? I hope it doesnt take that long...im so tired of waitinggg :( his cased processed on march 2009..almost 2 years. ahhh :( ???

B

bestplace4u

haftowrang said:
Hi there, my husband had an interview today in islamabad pakistan, they asked him about my date of birth, and many more..etc etc, he said everything was ok, he also showed them his passport since they asked him to bring it with him. After the interview, they said he will receive a letter. he asked the police officer how long it would take, and he said it might take for along time. When do you guys think he will get a approval/refusal letter? I hope it doesnt take that long...im so tired of waitinggg :( his cased processed on march 2009..almost 2 years. ahhh :( ???
Wow thats nice to hear they are conducting interviews too in ISB.