Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2011
AOR Received.
Wakalat Nama March 2012/ Supp. forms June 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2011 (Ecase changed to IN PROCCESS October 26 2012)
Med's Request
November 21th 2012
Med's Done....
November 29th 2012
Interview........
Waived Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah April 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdulillah June 28 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah July 14 2013
rabiriz said:
hey guyz,

i am so happy today by the Grace of Allah my hubby got PPR today...Thank u guyz for ur support and help....
now how long it will take to get pp back?
congrats
n insha'allah in bout 2 week to 1 month
not worries u waited long enough n this weeks while fly by :)

R

raptorsfan

I think Baloo is an agent. That is just my opinion. His statements are making us think twice. And then he plays the politics and says. "Go ahead and protest". I am a very up front in your face person and I will tell how it is about Baloo. Stop playing politics bro. You are playing politics with the wrong type of people. We are Pakistanis. Don't think you can press us againt the wall already before the protest even starts.

Danny bro, I hope people here are not just "talk talk" but they will "walk the walk" as well. I am totally down. I am already doing some net practice as I didn't eat anyting throuout the day today and I just ate something right now. Lets do this and be the Anna Hazaray of Canada. I believe that people whose spouses have already arrived should also be at this hunger strike, so there will be more support and unity.

I will take time off work to do this if time and place is finalized and people are confirmed. The main point of this is not government or CHRC. The main point is to bring awareness to the people and once we have sympathy of people CHRC will itself become active. But first we need to become active.

Forget Baloo and his statements.

*AFREEN*

Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danny4450 said:
Ladies are more than welcome to join us. So far we have 6 people, can we get a few more so we can start a discussion to find the best way to approach this issue.

Member ID

Danny4450
Kachrakhana
muzmil
insaan2011
bibi sherin
became-a-loner
raptorsfan
Add me ;D

B

bestplace4u

rabiriz said:
hey guyz,

i am so happy today by the Grace of Allah my hubby got PPR today...Thank u guyz for ur support and help....
now how long it will take to get pp back?
Many Congratz

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irsum said:
Yes it is not a human right for everyone in the world to immigrate to Canada but if you frame the argument from sponsors point of view...sponsors are Canadian tax paying Citizens and they are entitled to unbiased services from their government within a reasonable amount of time. If this government's actions are creating a hell on earth for the citizens then I beleive there can be an human right angle t o this situation
I wonder if this would apply for unreasonable delay (mandamus) in processing for all stages of the application from the pakistani spousal applicants ? http://canlii.ca/en/ca/fct/doc/2003/2003fct777/2003fct777.html

1. There is a public duty to the applicant to act;

2. The duty must be owed to the applicant;

3. There is a clear right to performance of that duty, in particular:

(a) the applicant has satisfied all conditions precedent giving rise to the duty;

(b) there was a prior demand for performance of the duty, a reasonable time to comply with the demand, and a subsequent refusal which can be either expressed or implied, e.g. unreasonable delay; and
4. There is no other adequate remedy. [See Note 5 below]

5. The "balance of convenience" favours the applicant (Apotex Inc. v. Canada (A.G.), 1993 CanLII 3004 (FCA), [1994] 1F.C. 742 (C.A.), aff'd 1994 CanLII 47 (SCC), [1994] 3 S.C.R. 1100, Conille v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), [1992] 2 F.C. 33 (T.D.)).

In Conille, supra, 1998 CanLII 9097 (FC), [1999] 2 F.C. 33 (T.D.) , Tremblay-Lamer J. set out three requirements at paragraph 23, that must be met if a delay is to be considered unreasonable:

(1) The delay in question has been longer than the nature of the process required, prima facie;

(2) The applicant and his counsel are not responsible for the delay; and

(3) The authority responsible for the delay has not provided satisfactory justification
But I guess this only gives a ground for unreasonable delay for a court case not sure if it can be of any help for First Priority Spousal Cases only processing from Pakistan.

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
kachrakhana said:
I am in New Brunswick but I will take off from my Job and will fly to Toronto for this Dharna but we should do some homework such as

1) We should make a list of suffering people.
2) Locate some contact in Media.I know a guy who is running Pakistan times news paper,I will check with him if he know any concerned person.
3) Write down a letter with everybody signatures
4) Places where we should go to raise our voice
5) etc etc.....Add you suggestion

Khilafah5
Currently following people are interested.

Member ID

Danny4450
Kachrakhana
muzmil
insaan2011
bibi sherin
became-a-loner
raptorsfan
sabii
pakhtun_89
SUR1
Far away
J_T

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
mrahmani said:
Hey everyone!! I just got back from my mp he has told me, that they have changed the processing times to 18 months he also said that they transfered some of the files to the Uk so they can process the files faster ..... Inshallah soon I hope all of us thats been waitng will hear some good news soon!!!
If this is true then its possible why there is a delay in oct 2010 on wards cases because they have been transfered to another processibg location which will take time

Chc islamabad has started to process jan 2011 cases as we seen last week for fjr423 husband case

masom_2012

Nov 28, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
april2011
Med's Request
28march2012+Repcc
kch arse phle b shor macha tha us forum pe k protest kiya jae ga spouse tymline pe but shor macha k khamoshi tari hogae sb par ab phr shor mach raha plzzzzzzzzz ab uth k kch kro tm log if awaz uthani hai tou enough is enough aur kis tymline ki bat karte hai yaha pe log ap likh k tym line decrease nhi increase he hogi sb jhot aur bakwas hai ,ap log shor machate rahe is forum pe immigiration walo pe iska koi asar nhi hoga sirf ALLAH he un k dil mai reham dal sakte hai r bas plz if action lyna hai tou ly bht hogya ab,,,

masom_2012

Nov 28, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
april2011
Med's Request
28march2012+Repcc
today i got a reply from CHC k my file is in queue for inital review by an immigiration officer wot does it means...???i applied in april2011...

i.Solo

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
me too ;D

Another person will be babarkhan... I guess

kachrakhana said:
I have updated the list.Now We have 12 people wiling to participate.Good response guys.Add your self if somebody is missing.
Please also memories yr contacts in media/human right organization/news paper or active people in Toronto so when we start our discussion from draft version to final version ,we will have good input from everybody.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raptorsfan said:
I think Baloo is an agent. That is just my opinion. His statements are making us think twice. And then he plays the politics and says. "Go ahead and protest". I am a very up front in your face person and I will tell how it is about Baloo. Stop playing politics bro. You are playing politics with the wrong type of people. We are Pakistanis. Don't think you can press us againt the wall already before the protest even starts.

You make me laugh, "I think Baloo is an agent", you are quite paranoid, really.

FWIW I disagree with long immigration delays (for anyone, not just Pakistanis) and have said why many times; However I understand why the delays exist, and in some cases the time taken is justified.
Why do I suggest that you can protest, because in Canada you can, however, if you are going to make a good case, you need to be aware of as much information as you can. Khilafah5 is has the right concept, prior planning, don't just talk and stumble into a protest.
If someone ends up standing in front of a camera, they will have to be ready for it.
Why do you think politicians (and others) have "media training" ? On camera you have far less than 60 seconds to make your point.
The person being interviewed needs to be clear and concise; e.g. Claiming that immigration delays are a breach of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is not correct, stating incorrect "facts" undermines credibility and it is going to make you look stupid, it's a great way to be ignored.

You said, "His statements are making us think twice", guess what, you should be thinking more than once, rather than proceeding without much thought.

You may well get people to attend, you are less likely to get people on long term hunger strike; But the key point is you don't seem to understand, or have thought about (yet) is how the general population in Canada will view this (assuming you get coverage).

Any government that has a majority in the house and a long way to go before an election, being forced to make changes? Get real.
Convincing the government to change something in these circumstances,... how do you really think that works?

There have been plenty of protests attempted before, clearly in many cases they have been ignored. Learn from that fact.

As I said before, feel free to protest, but be wise before the fact, not after.

FYI - I believe in free speech, the UDHR, political engagement, freedom of choice, working in my community, sustainable activity, the Canadian way of life and many other things.
These things do not make me "an agent", they are however useful markers for being a well grounded Canadian citizen.

kachrakhana

Dec 21, 2010
Saint John
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo said:
You make me laugh, "I think Baloo is an agent", you are quite paranoid, really.

FWIW I disagree with long immigration delays (for anyone, not just Pakistanis) and have said why many times; However I understand why the delays exist, and in some cases the time taken is justified.
Why do I suggest that you can protest, because in Canada you can, however, if you are going to make a good case, you need to be aware of as much information as you can. Khilafah5 is has the right concept, prior planning, don't just talk and stumble into a protest.
If someone ends up standing in front of a camera, they will have to be ready for it.
Why do you think politicians (and others) have "media training" ? On camera you have far less than 60 seconds to make your point.
The person being interviewed needs to be clear and concise; e.g. Claiming that immigration delays are a breach of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is not correct, stating incorrect "facts" undermines credibility and it is going to make you look stupid, it's a great way to be ignored.

You said, "His statements are making us think twice", guess what, you should be thinking more than once, rather than proceeding without much thought.

You may well get people to attend, you are less likely to get people on long term hunger strike; But the key point is you don't seem to understand, or have thought about (yet) is how the general population in Canada will view this (assuming you get coverage).

Any government that has a majority in the house and a long way to go before an election, being forced to make changes? Get real.
Convincing the government to change something in these circumstances,... how do you really think that works?

There have been plenty of protests attempted before, clearly in many cases they have been ignored. Learn from that fact.

As I said before, feel free to protest, but be wise before the fact, not after.

FYI - I believe in free speech, the UDHR, political engagement, freedom of choice, working in my community, sustainable activity, the Canadian way of life and many other things.
These things do not make me "an agent", they are however useful markers for being a well grounded Canadian citizen.
Now I understand why you are a VIP member.Your all comments are valid and very reasonable.

But

" Shikw'a zulmat-e- shab sey to kahien behtar tha..
Apne hissay ki koi shama to jalatay jatay.."

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
Very valid points Baloo. This is why I am thinking about an alternative way to bring awareness of this issue to the society and Government in a polite but robust way. Right now, we have more than 100 people on this forum for Pakistani spousal sponsorship but unfortunately we have only a handful who are willing to participate in any kind of thought process.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danny4450 said:
Very valid points Baloo. This is why I am thinking about an alternative way to bring awareness of this issue to the society and Government in a polite but robust way. Right now, we have more than 100 people on this forum for Pakistani spousal sponsorship but unfortunately we have only a handful who are willing to participate in any kind of thought process.
As you say, thinking about this is important.
If you (the group) are going to do this, plan, do it thoughtfully, if not, it will be a wasted opportunity.

I wish you well.

YasarAllah

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27 September 2010
Interview........
17 April 2012
Passport Req..
10 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdollilah 26-05-2012
LANDED..........
Alhamdollilah 27-10-2012
Baloo said:
As you say, thinking about this is important.
If you (the group) are going to do this, plan, do it thoughtfully, if not, it will be a wasted opportunity.

I wish you well.
Very well said, I have the same opinion as Baloo has but here I will suggest or advice that at this stage we can use some paper media like New papers in editorial sections(by the anonymous name), it can b collective efforts and as well as individual basis or we can also discuss this issue with some journalist to write a column for us bcoz some of them are famous in public and as well as in government circle and their voice can be hear.

Every body has his/er own views and ideas please come forward and share. Thanks.