+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

soniagak

Oct 13, 2011
Dear friends,

We just got an email from the embassy asking my husband to attend an interview on Feb 1st.

I sent his application on Feb 2010 and we sent his re-medicals and police certificate in April 2011, since then we have been emailing them and they notified us that his file is in background checks. I sent them an email at the end of december and they said its in background checks, I have also let them know that i m pregnant and due feb 20th. I am not sure why they would ask him for an interview now? are they trying to rush the case? what kind of questions will they ask at the interview? please help

thanks

blueye

Jul 2, 2011
PakistaN
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Feb 2011
Nomination.....
LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE
File Transfer...
1st April 2011
Med's Request
21st march 2012
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
3rd May 2012 (alhamdulillah) sent on 9th May
VISA ISSUED...
31st May 2012 (alhamdulillah)
LANDED..........
3rd of july
BEST OF LUCK....I hope ur serious

lonelyinca

Mar 21, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
+July 2011
Doc's Request.
+++June 2012
File Transfer...
++Sept 2011
Med's Request
+++June 2012
Med's Done....
++++July 2012
Passport Req..
+++++Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
++++++Dec 2012
PROTEST

The LITTLE we can do is send an email to CIC telling them of how frustrated not only you but the rest of Pakistani community IS. ENOUGH emails will at least make them get off their butts and actually RESPOND to us. Don't be afraid to tell them what you really think of them and their process. Just send it.

minister@cic.gc.ca

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
masom_2012 said:
today i got a reply from CHC k my file is in queue for inital review by an immigiration officer wot does it means...???i applied in april2011...
When did u send ur e-mail and how long after u got a response

kachrakhana

Dec 21, 2010
Saint John
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lonelyinca said:
PROTEST

The LITTLE we can do is send an email to CIC telling them of how frustrated not only you but the rest of Pakistani community IS. ENOUGH emails will at least make them get off their butts and actually RESPOND to us. Don't be afraid to tell them what you really think of them and their process. Just send it.

minister @ cic.gc.ca
Another good idea.
Sent email to CIC and Fax them a signed letter from everybody with all issue/concerned and inform them that a big Tsunami from Pakistan is heading toward Canadian Imm.

anzee

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
Mar 2012
AOR Received.
Mar 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
Aug 18, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2012
LANDED..........
???????????
Last year ppl did the same thing. they sent the letter to PM, JK and their MP and some of them got the reply but didn't impact on the cases.
ppl have the right but i don't think so they will take seriously.

kachrakhana said:
Another good idea.
Sent email to CIC and Fax them a signed letter from everybody with all issue/concerned and inform them that a big Tsunami from Pakistan is heading toward Canadian Imm.

R.Mujgani

Champion Member
May 14, 2011
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2011
AOR Received.
Wakalat Nama March 2012/ Supp. forms June 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2011 (Ecase changed to IN PROCCESS October 26 2012)
Med's Request
November 21th 2012
Med's Done....
November 29th 2012
Interview........
Waived Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah April 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdulillah June 28 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah July 14 2013
okay now this is frustrating everyone is gettin a reply from CHC
n yet its been 3 weeks since i send an email still no answer for the last two months..... since i came back from Karachi
let me kno wats happenin wit ma case, it sstraight forward like some others,
its take one min to reply to a email....

wat the heck im sending another email today n they better reply to this one,

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
R.Mujgani said:
okay now this is frustrating everyone is gettin a reply from CHC
n yet its been 3 weeks since i send an email still no answer for the last two months..... since i came back from Karachi
let me kno wats happenin wit ma case, it sstraight forward like some others,
its take one min to reply to a email....

wat the heck im sending another email today n they better reply to this one,
Sis i am in the same boat as u r getting fustrated because they replied my e-msils for last 5 months i need the damn file number and i have a bad feeling somthing has happened to my file thats why no file number

R.Mujgani

Champion Member
May 14, 2011
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2011
AOR Received.
Wakalat Nama March 2012/ Supp. forms June 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2011 (Ecase changed to IN PROCCESS October 26 2012)
Med's Request
November 21th 2012
Med's Done....
November 29th 2012
Interview........
Waived Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah April 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdulillah June 28 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah July 14 2013
Khilafah5 said:
Sis i am in the same boat as u r getting fustrated because they replied my e-msils for last 5 months i need the damn file number and i have a bad feeling somthing has happened to my file thats why no file number
dont worri ma brother
its okay, tey have ur file jus being lazzy As#es n not replying n only replyin to some

its been a 13 months now n ma file is still wit them n now no replies
sometime i feel like shooting ma self no jokes......

this is ridiculous

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
But it so worring once get the file number then i will be ok but no reply in after 7 e-mails

mrahmani

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
13-02-2012 imms forms - redo pcc
AOR Received.
16-11-2010
File Transfer...
25-11-2010 - ecas changed in process May 14 2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2010 - 2nd meds done 03-07-2012
Passport Req..
May 16 2012 - date on letter - pp sent May 21 2012 - Decision made June 7 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2012
LANDED..........
June 22 2012 Inshallah!!!!
hey guys i have a friend who told me not email them all the time they will not look at your case dont bother them becuz when he did that they rejected his case and he had to appeal his case which took him a long time.. what email are you using??

Khilafah5 said:
But it so worring once get the file number then i will be ok but no reply in after 7 e-mails

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
mrahmani said:
hey guys i have a friend who told me not email them all the time they will not look at your case dont bother them becuz when he did that they rejected his case and he had to appeal his case which took him a long time.. what email are you using??
I have been using mine but as of monday my wifes e-mail

saggit19

Jan 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
March 2010
soniagak said:
Dear friends,

We just got an email from the embassy asking my husband to attend an interview on Feb 1st.

I sent his application on Feb 2010 and we sent his re-medicals and police certificate in April 2011, since then we have been emailing them and they notified us that his file is in background checks. I sent them an email at the end of december and they said its in background checks, I have also let them know that i m pregnant and due feb 20th. I am not sure why they would ask him for an interview now? are they trying to rush the case? what kind of questions will they ask at the interview? please help

thanks

salam sis,
i believe they r going to inshAllah finalize your husband's case right after the interview.
they probably just want to clear up a few things with him but make sure your husband is well prepared and have faith on GOD. InshAllah it will all work out :)

I have tried putting together various members' input regarding what to expect on an interview.
Make sure your husband is confident on each and everyone of the questions in this list.

resham said:
Hi, everybody.Allaha ka shukar hay.Thanks to God.with the grace of God I am out of the interview Que trauma.
Since I joined this forum I never had anything to share with you guys and used to think one day Insha Allaha I will have the updates to share with my forum members' had really hard time with this interview Q.

I want to say many many Thanx to Lonely without hubby-Humpakwatan ka log-Wes bro-Denny-Best place for you and Amnafahd-bluangel-One 2 ka 4-Umbermani.I would like to say thanx to everybody on this forum who helped me for the interview question and given me, some tips as well.

My hubby‘s interview was fine and the interview officer told him CHC-ISB will be sending re-medical soon to him. In addition, they gave him all the documents back except the PCC-and last three months phone bill which he took with him for the interview.he got all the picture and supporting document back. Nevertheless, I think they have only original file with them still.

My hubby asked them do you need any more document so let me know I can provide you. The visa officer told him that they do not need anything else from us now.

Here are the question he was asked on interview.
What is ur spouse's favorite food.
What is ur spouse favorite fruit,
How ur spouse commute every day to the college or workplace.
What is ur spouse cell no and home address. and name of your spouses' best friend in Canada.
What is the closest city of your spouse's office or college?
What are you doing currently in Pakistan?
Did you have any fight with anyone –or have you been to the jail.
Were u ever invited to any of the organization in Pakistan.

These were the question he had to answer to make the officer happy and satisfied.he told me that it was not hard she was very nice and polite to me.
SORRY TO MAKE IT LONG.

If any one needs any help from my end I will love to do it.
Thanx A to Z for being very supportive.

So next step I am waiting for the re medical?

BLOOMINGFLOWER said:
:mad: :( arghhhh....

dont even ask about my hubby's interview...

they ladies were nice and polite,

they asked simple questions like what is your childrens bday?
when did you come to canada?
how do you like canada? what do you like about the city you lived in?
why did you come back?
when did you get married?

nothin specficlly about me just simple known questions......

they were more focused on his coming back to pakistan situation...

it was in english the interview and she was a ghori i think there were 2 of em....

at first his interview was @ 10:30 but they called him in @ 1 and the other thing was that after all the doc, picz, etc he provided the him, they didnt even bother looking at it and said that we do believe that you married with kids and its not a fake...she said "there is one thing holding you from getting a visa at the moment and that is that Canada has a warrant of arrest on your name because you didnt give proof when you left Canada in 2005 so there was a warrant for your arrest and you were considered a fugitive and until this matter is cleared we cannot issue a visa..."

my husband then said that he applied for refugee claim but took the claim back in an interview with a immg officer just a few day befo we got married in april of 2005 and the officer said to fill out an application for withdrawal "notice of no intention" and he has to leave within 15 days....nothin about giving proof..and that how can i be a fugitive when just last yr you guys requested a rcmp police clearance and i have provided you with that ..how can i get a police clearance with that warrant in my name.....she didnt have an answer

well my husband didnt have a passport and so he traveled on a traveling doc and so he left within the time frame and the traveling document and proof of ticket and boarding pass is with the embass giveing them proof that he did leave the country when he was suppose to ...so the immg officer wrongfullly send out a warrant for his arrest and any other doc that they did send didnt apply to him coz me and him was not in the country we went to pak for our valima.....

so...now they will contact the imm judge to start a correspondence with him....
then my husband asked what is the time process for this to get done? she responded 2-3 years so relaxe and repaint your walls again coz you will be waiting for a while.....ufff...pissing me off...if you got all the docz saying he left canada when told to...what else do you need to statify your doubt.....

so i called the mp in my area....he said he will find out about the situation...
called me back the same day after 3-4 hrs and said that it will not take 2-3 yrs prob most likely 1 yr and he would have to prob do a "auth to return to canada" applica and just wait til feb for anything from the embass if not then i would have to call him for a follow up ....

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

so i am sooo sooo sooo soo pissed , stressed, and i dont know wat else....

i havent seen my husband in 2 yrs neither did my kids and my youngest one didnt even see his father....now another 1-2 yrs to wait til it solves up and 1-2 yrs of me being a single mother with a job ...

rabiriz said:
it was like 1 and half hour interview....
-it was scheduled for 10:30am and they called him at 11:00 am
-they asked only few questions
-asked about pictures, wedding card, phone bills and all the documents whatever they requested+ PCC and they kept all the original and certified docs.
-they stuck on my child and said how we will believe that this is your son so my husband gave all the proofs his DOB, birth certificate, birthday pics, all the docs and everything whatever he had.
-then they asked if we will asked u to do DNA test will u do that.
-they asked what will u do in canada.
thats all they asked and then they gave him remedical form thats it. I hope it will help u.

ubermani said:
helloo
interview is quite difficult they check ur personality talking behavior your dressing your education if you are master's degree holder they ask for all semesters subjects which subject you like and ask which weapon you and which weapon you use..politics views in the pakistan and outside the country..and which group you like.. driving rules..and little bit ask for your spouse..terrorism is the main part and ask question different type you must never confuse not lose the temper just relax your writing check..if you are confuse then you are doubted.. interview time is mine 1.5 hours and non stop.. they check your face expression..my best wishes for you..inshallah sub acha ho ga ye to main ny apna experience bataya hy jub ap ka ho jaye to zaroor batana agar ap ka passport wahan rukh laytay hain you are lucky one plzz apna experience zaroor share kerna.. i will pray :)

UOC said:
How did you meet your sponsor?
Who was involved in arranging the marriage?
How is the middle man related or known to both families?
Did you talk with each other privately before agreeing to the marriage?
Why did you not get married earlier?
How many people attended your marriage (look at the photographs provided to the visa officer - is it in conformity with your answer? Very often there are limited number of people at the ceremony)
When did your sponsor immigrate to Canada? (the visa officer is attempting to find out if the applicant has knowledge of the sponsor)
What does your sponsor do for a living? (this is basic - every husband/wife should know this about their sponsor)
What is your sponsor's phone number? (this is basic - every husband/wife should know this about their sponsor - however I have come across situations where the applicant does not know)
Do you have any relation with your sponsor other than marriage? (visa officer is attempting to ascertain whether there was a relationship and therefore a motive to sponsor the applicant other than a genuine marital relationship)
Who accompanied your sponsor when he/she came to get married? (something the applicant should know if they are in a genuine relationship)
Who proposed? When was the proposal made? When did you get married? (basic...)
When did you and your sponsor live together? (also elementary, and a question contained in the sponsorship questionnaire)
Did you and the sponsor attend any weddings or functions together? (It's almost a certainty that a newly married couple will be attending other weddings, especially if their wedding was during the marriage season)
What is the name of your spouse's company? (applicant should know the employment of sponsor)
What kind of work does sponsor aspire to do in the future? Any career plans? (see above)
What was his/her previous job before present employment? Why did sponsor change jobs? How long at current employment? (see above)
What does sponsor like about the job? What is his/her boss/supervisor's name? What are the names of the people he/she works with? What is the nature of the job? How much does he/she make?(see above)
What does sponsor like/dislike about [INSERT CANADIAN CITY]? (visa officer is attempting to get a spontaneous response)
Where do you and your sponsor plan to live in Canada?
What do you plan to do once you get to Canada (go to school, learn english, get a job)
What are your spouse's friends' names?
What does your sponsor do in his spare time? What does your sponsor do when he's not working?
What is spouse's favourite sport?
Did you go on a honeymoon or outing after your marriage?
Where did you go to/How long did you go for?
How long did your sponsor stay in Pakistan after the marriage?
How often, and how do you stay in contact with your spouse?

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soniagak said:
Dear friends,

thanks
The sooner the interview date the better for you coz people here are waiting to get a date for over a year after being in the queue. I think its a good sign you got the date and now it will depend on your case circumstances on why they want to interview him.

If the reason for interview is the genuineness of the relationship then you just have to make sure that he is prepared and very knowledgeable about the sponsor Spouse and what he filled in the forms submitted and you both are on the same page about knowing each other and even about your family (relatives, kids, friends etc). I put two sets of interview questions floating on this forum on the following link:
https://sites.google.com/site/islamabadchctimelines/home/interview

You might find other people who recently had interviews as well and they can help you out.

If the interview is related to security then you don't have to worry too much about anything because if your spouse is clear then all they do is just verify you are who you say you are(not an undercover terrorist trying to get to Canada). But this interview can have questions related to just about anything the applicant may have done or studied or visited etc its a free form one. It will take an hour and half or more for this type of interview.

Anyway best of luck to you and your spouse on this interview!

M

Muslimah

SALAMS/ HI EVERYONE! HEADS UP!!!!!!! WE CAN FINALLY RAISE OUR VOICES, READ BELOW!

"WHAT JASON KENNEY DOESNT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION"
THURSDAY JANUARY 19TH, 2012 7-9PM

NORTH AMERICAN MUSLIM FOUNDATION
4140 FINCH AVE EAST
(BETWEEN KENNEDY ROAD AND MIDLAND AVENUE)
TORONTO

I AM NOT SURE IF THIS FORUM IS FOR TORONTONIANS, AS OTHER PEOPLE MAY BE ON IT, BUT IF YOU LIVE IN GTA/TORONTO, PLEASE ATTEND. I AM DEFINITLY ATTENDING; PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GOING.

I HAVE BEEN A SILENT READER ON THIS FORUM FOR A WHILE NOW. AS MANY OF YOU, I HAVE ALSO BEEN WAITING NOW SINCE MID 2010. THIS FORUM HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL WHEN EVERYONE HAS BEEN UPDATING THEIR INFORMATION AND GIVES SOME PEACE OF MIND KNOWING THAT WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT.

I HAVE NOT STARTED ANYTHING YET, BUT HAVE RECENTLY READ THAT SOME OF YOU WANT TO TAKE FURTHER ACTIONS AGAINST IMMIGRATION/CIC, ETC. I HAVE ALSO BEEN ADVISED TO GO TO THE MEDIA AS THE OTHER OPTIONS HAVE NOT WORKED. WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR INITIATING SOMETHING, PLEASE COUNT ME IN. IF OTHERS ARE NOT GETTING INVOLVED BECAUSE THEY MAY THINK THAT THE MORE THEY ARE INVOLVED THE MORE HARM THERE MAY BE FOR THEIR CASE, I DISAGREE. IF WE ALL HOLD STRONG, WITH ONE VOICE, THERE IS NO WAY THEY CAN EFFECT OUR CASES. THE MORE PEOPLE THE BETTER.

HOWEVER, AS THIS FORUM IS HELPFUL, I ALSO WANTED TO HELP. I THOUGHT OF RE-ACTIVATING MY ACCOUNT AGAIN JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN AWARE THAT THERE IS A MEETING TOMORROW WITH LIBERAL MPS AND GENERAL PUBLIC IN TORONTO TO DISCUSS IMMIGRATION. IF YOU LIVE IN GTA/TORONTO, PLEASE ATTEND, EXPRESS YOUR CONCERNS, AND RAISE YOUR VOICES. LIBERALS ARE NOT HOLDING IT, NAMF IS ALSO NOT INTIATING, ITS A 3RD PARTY!

ALSO, SOMEONE HAD POSTED RECENTLY THAT THE TIME LIMIT WILL DECREASE TO 18 MONTHS, I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS NOT TRUE. MAYB IN THE FUTURE IT WILL, GOD WILLING, BUT I JUST HEARD BACK FROM CIC ISLAMABAD TODAY AND THEY INDICATED THAT 24-26 MONTHS IS THE KEY PROCCESSING TIME.

HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN GIVEN A TIME OF 9 MONTHS INITIALLY, N NOW IT WILL TAKE 24-26?

ANY UPDATES ON THOSE THAT APPLIED IN MAY/JUNE 2010?WHO ARE THEY SENDING THEIR PPR'S TO NOW?

THANKS FOR UPDATING ME.

HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELPS. I AM NOT INVOLVED IN ANY LIBERAL COMMUNITY, ETC. JUST WAS AWARE OF THIS EVENT, AND I HOPE THIS IS NOT LAST MINUTE AND YOU MAKE THE TIME TO ATTEND.

ALLAH RE-UNITE US WITH OUR LOVES ONES AND UNTIL THEN GIVE US SABR, AMEEN!!!!!