+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maknojia said:
i think that this law is good becoz we dont have to suffer more by wating to be reunite. aur jahan tak baad hai 2 saal baad pr ki tu kis ko parwa hai waise bhi processing time ke hisab se dekhe to 1.5 se 2 saal baad hi tu milta hai pr.
well then pull ur application and file through that u can do it ......... chill

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qamalik729 said:
lol .... security check only ...... itself takes abt 10 months ........ they cannot let any one come without that being done ....... do u think they would do it after person is in Canada .... well that will nvr happen ...... it would take abt 1 year in Pakistan and 2 years in Canada .............
sabii quote conditional visa within 3 or 4months n u saying 1 year yaar mera tu demage gome gaya hai who is rite.

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sawera said:
sabii quote conditional visa within 3 or 4months n u saying 1 year yaar mera tu demage gome gaya hai who is rite.
First thing first they cannot implement it so fast ... immigration policy change takes 6 months ..... at least to implement ........ they have to create forms ... they have to create visa category ........... its not kenney will bring color printer and print visas .... so no worries for all who hav filed the case already ...

Secondly ... in 3 to 4 months .... well 3 to 4 months nothing gets done ... it was used to take 3 to 4 months coz there were not much security checks at that time that were being done ........ now they do background checks that take long time ..... so it would be abt a year ............ in Pakistan for new applicants who apply after .... its implemented ..........

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qamalik729 said:
First thing first they cannot implement it so fast ... immigration policy change takes 6 months ..... at least to implement ........ they have to create forms ... they have to create visa category ........... its not kenney will bring color printer and print visas .... so no worries for all who hav filed the case already ...

Secondly ... in 3 to 4 months .... well 3 to 4 months nothing gets done ... it was used to take 3 to 4 months coz there were not much security checks at that time that were being done ........ now they do background checks that take long time ..... so it would be abt a year ............ in Pakistan for new applicants who apply after .... its implemented ..........
i agree but where is it written it will take 2 years for PR after landing.

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sawera said:
I believe the new security check system (changed as of April 2010 I guess) the security check takes around 5-6 months unless a travel history around the world is involved where they may decide to contact those countries as well ........ but qmailik is right ......... we still may not get that TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) before a year or so .......... Govt does not seem to be willing to make it easy ......... they are planning to get tougher on it .... so lets not be very optimistic about what they are doing ......... can they still take two years to issue a TRV ...... indeed they can .... do they care for countries like Pakistan ....... ofcourse not ........ but the unfortunate part is that they will continue to invade our lives even after our spouses have arrived in Canada and upon completion of two years (during which we will be collecting proof of ongoing relationship again ) they will visit our homes on random basis, ask personal questions (that is what they do in USA and Australia) and question the validity of our relationship ......... its a good news for female sponsors from Canada whom the Govt believes are more vulnerable by marring in a male dominated society opposed to Canadian culture which leans towards females instead of being neutral (dont get offended you know its true here) ....... everything els is unclear as to where would those two years of temporary stay go ..... will those be counted towards citizenship, half credited and citizenship requirement will be four years for a TRV and PR afterwards .... no one knows and it will take a lot of time for CIC to understand and interpret the law ........ lets just hope it is not applied on old cases because the first lot will become a TEST CASE which would be full of mistakes .... training on new rules will take more of immigration officer's and lower staff's time and they will be off work from our files ........ further delaying the already retarded process........ In the nutshell ......... they want marriages within Canada ........ like it or not ....... they will force it one way or other ... and given a choice ....... this Govt will put all of us (who are convicted of the crime of marrying in Pakistan) in a ship and sink it in Atlantic Ocean and probably north of Labrador which is called EDGE OF THE PLANET

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sawera said:
i agree but where is it written it will take 2 years for PR after landing.
I participated in a consultation ............ wen they posted results went through it, the conclusions had it that they might be having a two years probationary visa...... so i know from that fact ......... consultations would be on cic ......

here is the result of that consultation .......

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2010/2010-09-27.asp

sorry too typoooo

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
became-a-loner said:
I believe the new security check system (changed as of April 2010 I guess) the security check takes around 5-6 months unless a travel history around the world is involved where they may decide to contact those countries as well ........ but qmailik is right ......... we still may not get that TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) before a year or so .......... Govt does not seem to be willing to make it easy ......... they are planning to get tougher on it .... so lets not be very optimistic about what they are doing ......... can they still take two years to issue a TRV ...... indeed they can .... do they care for countries like Pakistan ....... ofcourse not ........ but the unfortunate part is that they will continue to invade our lives even after our spouses have arrived in Canada and upon completion of two years (during which we will be collecting proof of ongoing relationship again ) they will visit our homes on random basis, ask personal questions (that is what they do in USA and Australia) and question the validity of our relationship ......... its a good news for female sponsors from Canada whom the Govt believes are more vulnerable by marring in a male dominated society opposed to Canadian culture which leans towards females instead of being neutral (dont get offended you know its true here) ....... everything els is unclear as to where would those two years of temporary stay go ..... will those be counted towards citizenship, half credited and citizenship requirement will be four years for a TRV and PR afterwards .... no one knows and it will take a lot of time for CIC to understand and interpret the law ........ lets just hope it is not applied on old cases because the first lot will become a TEST CASE which would be full of mistakes .... training on new rules will take more of immigration officer's and lower staff's time and they will be off work from our files ........ further delaying the already retarded process........ In the nutshell ......... they want marriages within Canada ........ like it or not ....... they will force it one way or other
up to point,,, very clear ,,,so this means more complications :'( we have to face wht.

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lol true :)

became-a-loner said:
I believe the new security check system (changed as of April 2010 I guess) the security check takes around 5-6 months unless a travel history around the world is involved where they may decide to contact those countries as well ........ but qmailik is right ......... we still may not get that TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) before a year or so .......... Govt does not seem to be willing to make it easy ......... they are planning to get tougher on it .... so lets not be very optimistic about what they are doing ......... can they still take two years to issue a TRV ...... indeed they can .... do they care for countries like Pakistan ....... ofcourse not ........ but the unfortunate part is that they will continue to invade our lives even after our spouses have arrived in Canada and upon completion of two years (during which we will be collecting proof of ongoing relationship again ) they will visit our homes on random basis, ask personal questions (that is what they do in USA and Australia) and question the validity of our relationship ......... its a good news for female sponsors from Canada whom the Govt believes are more vulnerable by marring in a male dominated society opposed to Canadian culture which leans towards females instead of being neutral (dont get offended you know its true here) ....... everything els is unclear as to where would those two years of temporary stay go ..... will those be counted towards citizenship, half credited and citizenship requirement will be four years for a TRV and PR afterwards .... no one knows and it will take a lot of time for CIC to understand and interpret the law ........ lets just hope it is not applied on old cases because the first lot will become a TEST CASE which would be full of mistakes .... training on new rules will take more of immigration officer's and lower staff's time and they will be off work from our files ........ further delaying the already retarded process........ In the nutshell ......... they want marriages within Canada ........ like it or not ....... they will force it one way or other ... and given a choice ....... this Govt will put all of us (who are convicted of the crime of marrying in Pakistan) in a ship and sink it in Atlantic Ocean and probably north of Labrador which is called EDGE OF THE PLANET

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
sawera said:
i read someone wrote here...iffff they issue conditonal visa wihtin 3 or 4 months...i dont know how long it will take :) thatswhy i also used 'IF'...

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qamalik729 said:
I participated in a consultation ............ wen they posted to results the conclusions had it that they might be having a two years probationary visa...... so i know from that fact ......... consultations would be on cic ......

here is the result of that .......

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2010/2010-09-27.asp
everything getting changed all suddenly,,,,,,,,u r rite :D

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
became-a-loner said:
loner ur post seems lyk reality :'( i'm scared .

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabii said:
i read someone wrote here...iffff they issue conditonal visa wihtin 3 or 4 months...i dont know how long it will take :) thatswhy i also used 'IF'...
:)

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ayesha_a said:
This is insane! It should only be for people who are applying now, not people like us who are (inshAllah) at their last stage!
DodgeCharger said:
But the question remains that will it be implemented to newer cases only or would be applied retroactively? Including those people who are waiting for their passport return!
DodgeCharger said:
See the question isn't if they should or shouldn't rather the question is WILL they or WON'T THEY!!
Well its like what happened last year in Sept 2010 when policies changed about "Not only you have to prove that you are married, but you also have to prove that your relationship is genuine?". It was implemented for all cases that were in process as well as all the new applications. I think this rule will be implemented for everyone who hasn't landed. People who got the VISAs but not yet landed will most probably fall into this catagory aswell because when you land that when you become a Canadian Permanent Resident. Just my guess but we will have to wait to find out.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
qamalik729 said:
lol ....... that is exectly what i was thinking ...... worst part is that PR visa issued from ISB is nothing its jus entry visa ...... wen u land ...... and it is implemented .... they would not issue PR card at landing ...... they would give u some other documents ......... saying that u can stay for two years .......... so they can basically control it for those applicants who would be landing after law is approved and implemented ......... does not matter ur passport went for visa stamp ... depends how quickly they can implement. .............

Cases back home would take about 1 year for sure to process coz of US security measures imposed on Canada .... you have to have to go through security background checks before u can enter Canada..... so basically the sponsorship process might take lil less time ........as they will not verify ur marriage is genuine but security checks takes about 9 to 10 months to be done ...... thats the time people will be staying there ........ and total PR process would be about 3 years ......
Good thing they would not check ur marriage is genuine or not .......... they will let u go with that and would let u live at least thats the whole thing ........there are positives and negatives to it..... its not that its all bad ....... but citizenship would be prolonged .....bad for those who wanna get citizenship and work some where else ..... good for those who wanna live in Canada .......
qamalik729 said:
lol .... security check only ...... itself takes abt 10 months ........ they cannot let any one come without that being done ....... do u think they would do it after person is in Canada .... well that will nvr happen ...... it would take abt 1 year in Pakistan and 2 years in Canada .............
I have to agree here, there is no way they will let any Pakistani in Canada without any sort of background checks and you all know how much backlog there is at CHC-Islamabad. I believe that the timeline would still be the same + extra 2yrs time for PR. Canadian government has always had a history of making people's lives miserable when it comes to immigration, they won't make it any easier this time.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Bullseye!

As I said in my post above, they won't make it any easier for anyone. I think the timeline stays the same and after landing people will have to wait and proof for two years that they are still in a relationship with their sponsors. I am a little worried about the citizenship requirement however. I don't know wheather they will credit those 2 yrs towards citizenship waiting period or not. I really hope they do or else it will take almost 7 years tobecome a Canadian citizen! :-X :eek:

became-a-loner said: