Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MIKE9292 said:
How can i order caips?

IS it safe?

Have you tried it before?
How Do I Get My CAIPS File?

Getting your file is fairly straight forward, but you will have to pay $ 5 if you are requesting CAIPS notes for your spouse, and they are not residing in Canada. Follow the instructions below:

Have your spouse fill out this form, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf Step by step instructions follow below:

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case file to the following individual."

Then have your spouse fill out all of his particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. Islamabad, etc.)

Then fill out your personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom (alternatively, you could sign for your spouse; I dont think they will notice).

OR, if you have already filled out this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.PDF
then just send a photocopy of it along with 2. and 3..

You must now fill out this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf Step by step instructions follow below:

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number). This is to be filled by the officer processing your request.

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)." Yes, you HAVE to pay $ 5, there is no way around this. Do not tick "Privacy Act" and hope they will just process it without you having to pay $ 5; this will NOT work. You must pay $ 5 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French. (I do not know why these choices are under the "Privacy Act" sub-heading. I am assuming the choice of language is also afforded to those who are requesting their notes under the access to "Information Act," and this is just poor design. But I may be wrong (In that case, it wont make a difference).

Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records."

Fill out your spouse's information under the "Client Information" box.

Under the next heading, "Request for- Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "Canadian High Commission (ISLAMABAD)" under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box. DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you. It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your case is processed)

In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.

Sign and date.

Make out a cheque payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $ 5.

Enclose the cheque in an envelope with the other forms, and send it to the address below:

Public Rights Administration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, ON
K1A 1L1

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Thats correct! Sometimes they forget to update the eCAS. If you have sent the fax and/or mail they have to attach and update your file so in their system it is probably updated but on eCAS they might have just left it...
thxs wes bhai 4 confirming.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
MIKE9292 said:
How can i order caips?

IS it safe?

Have you tried it before?
You can also send the request electronically, and its on CIC website so ofcourse its safe to do it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/completed.asp

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
looks like two years conditional visa for spouses is ONE STEP AWAY and I guess they will slow down the whole process until the bill is approved and gone through Senate.... :( :( :(

..Harper government set to crackdown on fake marriages
By Andy Radia | Canada Politics – 5 hours ago....tweet2EmailPrint.....Ottawa is preparing to unveil a new "conditional" immigration status to curb the growing problem of marriage fraud.

According to an article in the Globe and Mail, the legislation will be introduced later this year and be based on practices already in place in the United States and Australia.

Foreigners who marry Canadian citizens will now have to prove they have lived together for a defined period of two years or more, before the applicant can file for permanent residency.

The government will also bring in a five-year ban on sponsoring spouses being allowed to turn around and sponsor a new spouse into Canada.

Kenney says the new legislation is necessary because of the growing number of cases of marriage fraud coming from countries like China and India. In those countries, fraudsters often "Photoshop" fake wedding pictures — suspicions started when the same relatives showed up again and again in wedding photos.

"It's a cat and mouse game," said Kenney.

Over the past year, the Harper government has faced some resistance to new marriage fraud rules, particularly from stakeholders who feel the regulations are too harsh.

In an open letter to "ethnic Canadians" in April, several Canadian immigration lawyers suggested the proposed policy was part of the Conservative "habit" of using immigration issues to stir up anti-immigrant sentiment amongst other Canadians.

"Jason Kenney claims that the government is targeting 'marriage fraud' but don't be fooled — every couple will face additional, harsher, longer and more invasive scrutiny,"

"Just because you know your marriage is genuine, doesn't mean the government will agree, and even more individuals, families and communities will suffer as a result of the government's culture of suspicion."

NDP immigration critic Don Davies said the plan is problematic because divorce rates in North America are so high - about 50 per cent - within the first two years.

"The mere fact that a marriage doesn't work out within two years is not by itself that the marriage wasn't legitimate," Davies told PostMedia news.

"One could argue that people who do enter into a fraudulent marriage could easily get around this rule by simply staying together for two years."

Davies also says the new policies may prevent individuals in an abusive relationship from leaving their spouse because they fear their citizenship would be revoked.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada says over 46,000 people immigrated to Canada as spouses in 2010.

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
became-a-loner said:
looks like two years conditional visa for spouses is ONE STEP AWAY and I guess they will slow down the whole process until the bill is approved and gone through Senate.... :( :( :(

By Andy Radia | Canada Politics – 5 hours ago....tweet2EmailPrint.....Ottawa is preparing to unveil a new "conditional" immigration status to curb the growing problem of marriage fraud.

According to an article in the Globe and Mail, the legislation will be introduced later this year and be based on practices already in place in the United States and Australia.

Foreigners who marry Canadian citizens will now have to prove they have lived together for a defined period of two years or more, before the applicant can file for permanent residency.

The government will also bring in a five-year ban on sponsoring spouses being allowed to turn around and sponsor a new spouse into Canada.

Kenney says the new legislation is necessary because of the growing number of cases of marriage fraud coming from countries like China and India. In those countries, fraudsters often "Photoshop" fake wedding pictures — suspicions started when the same relatives showed up again and again in wedding photos.

Over the past year, the Harper government has faced some resistance to new marriage fraud rules, particularly from stakeholders who feel the regulations are too harsh.

In an open letter to "ethnic Canadians" in April, several Canadian immigration lawyers suggested the proposed policy was part of the Conservative "habit" of using immigration issues to stir up anti-immigrant sentiment amongst other Canadians.

"Jason Kenney claims that the government is targeting 'marriage fraud' but don't be fooled — every couple will face additional, harsher, longer and more invasive scrutiny,"

"Just because you know your marriage is genuine, doesn't mean the government will agree, and even more individuals, families and communities will suffer as a result of the government's culture of suspicion."

NDP immigration critic Don Davies said the plan is problematic because divorce rates in North America are so high - about 50 per cent - within the first two years.

"The mere fact that a marriage doesn't work out within two years is not by itself that the marriage wasn't legitimate," Davies told PostMedia news.

"One could argue that people who do enter into a fraudulent marriage could easily get around this rule by simply staying together for two years."

Davies also says the new policies may prevent individuals in an abusive relationship from leaving their spouse because they fear their citizenship would be revoked.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada says over 46,000 people immigrated to Canada as spouses in 2010.

they will slow down the process more :'(

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
So just like 2009 cases were completed in 2011, you guys think 2010 cases would be completed in 2012?

NOOOOOOO! :'(

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ayesha_a said:
So just like 2009 cases were completed in 2011, you guys think 2010 cases would be completed in 2012?

NOOOOOOO! :'(

Not just the process. People will have conditional VISAs for two years after they land and after 2 years they can apply and become PR :(

They have been talking about it for so long but I guess finally they will implement it. Thank GOD my wife has landed already!

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Not just the process. People will have conditional VISAs for two years after they land and after 2 years they can become PR :(

They have been talking about it for so long but I guess finally they will implement it. Thank GOD my wife has landed already!
seriously ppr after...... 2 years :eek:

anso

Feb 7, 2011
Toronto ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sawera said:
PPR nahi sister ..
Perment Resident after 2 year k baad , same like cittezen ke terha

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Not just the process. People will have conditional VISAs for two years after they land and after 2 years they can apply and become PR :(

wes bhai would they apply to cases that are already filed ....... or no ????

anso

Feb 7, 2011
Toronto ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simple yeh k conditional visa mily ga aur 2 year tak full stay with spouse k sath , koi travlling nhi , aur after two Perment Resident ho ga.
m i ryt wes bro?

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
he is a mf .......... dh ............ i don't think his or any one in his family had genuine marriage ......
one thing is good that u would get two years visa instantly ................ well hope so 4 years of dh government goes quick and people come out of the mental torture that all over here are going through .......... I hate people from Calgary coz they are such narrow minded ..........
Before cracking down on fraud marriages crack down ur own issues ...... people who are fkn on EI from unlimited times ........... and people who are not paying taxes what they should pay .............and corporates who are given so much of tax brakes .......... again u come over the issue of immigrants ...... i guess one of the immigrants might have done something personal ..... to ya

became-a-loner said:

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
sawera said:
Not PPR sis, PR (Permanent Resident). Currently as soon as you land you become a canadian Permanent Resident, now people who land after the policy is implemented will have to wait 2 yrs to become a permanent resident.

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anso said:
PPR nahi sister ..
Perment Resident after 2 year k baad , same like cittezen ke terha
oh yah wa ich,,,, talking to my hubby n messaging dnt know wht am i doing me gone lol :-\ .

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
anso said:
simple yeh k conditional visa mily ga aur 2 year tak full stay with spouse k sath , koi travlling nhi , aur after two Perment Resident ho ga.
m i ryt wes bro?
Most probably, will know more once the bill is passed and is implemented....