+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

J_T

Oct 11, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have been visiting this forum for quiet some time now and it has been a source of tremendous support for me. I am a female and have sponosred my husband in Pakistan. My timeline is as follows:

Applied in May 2010
AOR July 2010
ReMed+repcc July 2011
PPR- waiting.

I recently emailed CHC asking for an update on my case and this is the reply I got from them:

File No:

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is currently in process and is in queue for review by an immigration officer. Currently, background checks are underway for this application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission, Islamabad
P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan
Fax: +92-51-208-6914

What do you guys think it means, am I close to being done?

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
Amahmoo said:
Alkhamdulilah, today Oct 13th my wife has received a request letter for re-med, repcc, and supplementary form, so glad that finally CHC-IS has started processing my wife's application. :)

Any idea, how long further it would take for passport request after the re-med and repcc?
CONGRATSSSSSS :)

saggit19

Jan 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
March 2010
J_T said:
Hello everyone,

I have been visiting this forum for quiet some time now and it has been a source of tremendous support for me. I am a female and have sponosred my husband in Pakistan. My timeline is as follows:

Applied in May 2010
AOR July 2010
ReMed+repcc July 2011
PPR- waiting.

I recently emailed CHC asking for an update on my case and this is the reply I got from them:

File No:

Dear Client,

Your application is currently in process and is in queue for review by an immigration officer. Currently, background checks are underway for this application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

Regards,

Immigration Section

cant really say with 100% certainty how much time your case will exactly take..but it is very good that your remed and repcc are out of the way..by next month inshAllah you should hear from them..and even if you don't , don't be upset because you are well within the timeline.

based on the very little knowledge that I have, background checks take about 45 days to process. so if you don't hear anything from them by nov, send them another inquiry email

for your own satisfaction, also consider ordering CAIPS ..it might give you an insight into your husband's case

good luck..inshAllah you will now only receive the PPR letter

Randomstar

Jul 17, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
June 2010
Passport Req..
October 13, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
November o4,2011
Today my wife received a call from CHC..and It was a lady asking her to confirm her address in Pakistan because they want to send her a letter. Lady said it takes too long to send letter to Canada. The lady didn't say much.

My process is done by the lawyer in Canada and he received all the letter before. We are at the last stage of our process to get the PPR.

So can anyone tell me if that has happen to them before..

saggit19

Jan 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
March 2010
congrats to all those people who today:
received pprs
ecas changed to decision made
received passports
received remed and/or recpccs

for those of us who didnt receive anything( including myself) :

may ALLAH have mercy on us and take us out of this misery very soon inshAllah
AMEEN!

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
resham said:
Thanks so much for ur commnets
u know what belive me -there where tears in my eyes at this moment but i am just hoping things comes out very well.since they told me that my BFD was sept.21 and my add was disappear twice for 3-5 days.so let 's think positive and hope for the best.oh one more question are they gona update my CAIPS since its due till Nov.07.plzzzzzz help.
Le kar lo baat rone lug gi sister. Rote nahi hy. See good things are happening on your file BFD was Sep 21 and also your address was disappear for 3-5 days that means review is going on your file. All we who have heard from them our address was disappearing & appearing than we recived an update (Recent example is DodgeCharger as he has received remdical).

Yes they will still update your CAIPS and will release on 7th, my CAIPS are due on OCT 22 (with 60 days letter) even I have received PPR so I 'll let you know more when I'll receive. Chale ub rona nahi be positive and happy, ik din ap ke husband zaror aa jaye ge ap ke pass insha allah aur chorian be le ke aye gy green rang ki ap ke liye :)

J_T

Oct 11, 2011
saggit19 said:
congrats to all those people who today:
received pprs
ecas changed to decision made
received passports
received remed and/or recpccs

for those of us who didnt receive anything( including myself) :

may ALLAH have mercy on us and take us out of this misery very soon inshAllah
AMEEN!

Thanks alot for the reply Saggit19. Perhaps the background checks are taking too long because my husband belongs to Peshawar, anyhow, we have to be patient. I have noticed many people talking about address disappearance on Ecas, it happend to mine also and my address came back on the 30th of September.

resham

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much.

ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Le kar lo baat rone lug gi sister. Rote nahi hy. See good things are happening on your file BFD was Sep 21 and also your address was disappear for 3-5 days that means review is going on your file. All we who have heard from them our address was disappearing & appearing than we recived an update (Recent example is DodgeCharger as he has received remdical).

Yes they will still update your CAIPS and will release on 7th, my CAIPS are due on OCT 22 (with 60 days letter) even I have received PPR so I 'll let you know more when I'll receive. Chale ub rona nahi be positive and happy, ik din ap ke husband zaror aa jaye ge ap ke pass insha allah aur chorian be le ke aye green rang ap ke liye :)

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
So obviously the background checks are underway meaning it could take anywhere from 45 days up to 5 month to 24 months+ depending on personal history and how deep they are going to go with it. Don't worry normally on average the BG checks are done withing 5 months of rePCC if its simple enough but it could be less or could be more. Hang in there and you will receive a good news soon InshALlah...

J_T said:
Hello everyone,

Applied in May 2010
AOR July 2010
ReMed+repcc July 2011
PPR- waiting.

File No:

Dear Client,

Regards,

Immigration Section

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Randomstar said:
Today my wife received a call from CHC..and It was a lady asking her to confirm her address in Pakistan because they want to send her a letter. Lady said it takes too long to send letter to Canada. The lady didn't say much.

My process is done by the lawyer in Canada and he received all the letter before. We are at the last stage of out process to get the PPR.

So can anyone tell me if that has happen to them before..
Seems like they want to process your final stage as rush! Do you know if your medical and/or passport is expiring any time soon? If it is then your VISA expiry date would be the same as either medical expiry or Passport expiry date which ever comes first. This could be the reason why they contacted you directly instead of your representative to save the delays...

S

sahibzada_2010

J_T said:
Thanks alot for the reply Saggit19. Perhaps the background checks are taking too long because my husband belongs to Peshawar, anyhow, we have to be patient. I have noticed many people talking about address disappearance on Ecas, it happend to mine also and my address came back on the 30th of September.
Asalaam mo alikum. If you don't mind where you husband live in Peshawar because I am also from Peshawar hayatabad sponsoring my wife. InshAllah everything will be fine with your hubby case.

J_T

Oct 11, 2011
sahibzada_2010 said:
Asalaam mo alikum. If you don't mind where you husband live in Peshawar because I am also from Peshawar hayatabad sponsoring my wife. InshAllah everything will be fine with your hubby case.
W/salam,

My husband lives in Gulbahar. I'm from Peshawar as well, our house is in Hayatabad. My family and I have resided in Canada for the past 10 years, so only go there for vacations. I just visited Peshawar in June, and lived in hayatabad, what a coincidence that you are from there as well!

J_T

Oct 11, 2011
wes786 said:
Seems like they want to process your final stage as rush! Do you know if your medical and/or passport is expiring any time soon? If it is then your VISA expiry date would be the same as either medical expiry or Passport expiry date which ever comes first. This could be the reason why they contacted you directly instead of your representative to save the delays...
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

saggit19

Jan 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
March 2010
J_T said:
no sis, i don't think so..another forum member here, khan82's husband was from peshawar too..and was a july 2010 aor and mashAllah her husband is now in canada..so think positive.

look at me..my husband's case is in process sinc march 2010 and no remed yet.. so your case is much better than mine..have faith :)

J_T

Oct 11, 2011
saggit19 said:
no sis, i don't think so..another forum member here, khan82's husband was from peshawar too..and was a july 2010 aor and mashAllah her husband is now in canada..so think positive.

look at me..my husband's case is in process sinc march 2010 and no remed yet.. so your case is much better than mine..have faith :)
I understand what you are saying sister, I can feel your misery. My parents are going for Hajj this year, I will ask them to pray for you and others who are going through this tough time.