1-11-2010
File Transfer...
01-12-2010
Med's Request
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012
zeeeee said:
This is great!! but I've a couple more questions now, stemming from all this..
a) first of all, I do plan to fly out in Sept IA (as soon as my PP comes) and will be carrying jewellery n cash n whatever.. I've heard and checked tht there's a $10,000 limit to our assets.. n cash+ jewellery would be almost triple of that.. how to do that?
b) this declaration form that i've heard about; do they provide you with it at the time of boarding/ landing etc? would I be mentioning the things I'm carrying ON that form? and from what I understand, whatever I declare is not going be taxed??
c) and what do you mean by 'things that willl follow you within a year'? i do want to bring furniture but I don't know HOW!!?:s Is there no weight limit to this? I can buy and SHIP whatever I want, as long as I get it in CAN within a year??!
HELP plix, and if you could kindly provide a brief guideline of the do's and dont's tu that would be great!! Thanks!!
a) No limit when you first land, just have proof of so much cash...(bank statement etc) if possible
b) The declaration form is for seasonal travelers or visitors or returning canadians. It asks you about tobacco and wine stuff, i dont rememebr exact details but it is basically to make sure you are not trying to avoid paying duties on items you should be paying duty on. In your case, I am sure even that doesn't apply.
c) You cant bring it all with you one shot, can you? If you can, then by all means go ahead. If you want to bring, furniture, computer, car, bed sheets, tv, bike, dishes, etc etc etc and you dont bring it when you first land, you can make a list of items you did not bring with you and give it to them, so when you bring those items, you dont have to pay tax on it....

I hope this helps! Congrats and welcome to Canada!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
You cannot compare Pakistan to India in any way! I don't know how many times I have said it before and don't know how many times I will have to post it in the future. Doesn't matter how many frauds are coming to Canada from India, it's just like any other country but look at their economy! How many Canadians have invested in India because they are so advanced in everything people from Canada I know personally are going to India to study medicals and other programs. Call centers for all Canadian and US companies are located in India an there are many other reasons to list why indian timeline is only 6 months. Pakistan is totally opposite of that, and has lost all it's reputation! I hope you get the point!

dell1505 said:
My timeline is as follows (Applied for wife):

Sent to Mississauga: November 2010
File sent to CHC Islamabad: Dec 2010 (In February 2011 I saw an update on E-Cas "Medical Received". I didn't believe it, but then the medical received message disappeared)

No AOR or anything....
Sent email to chc...waiting for reply...

I do see there is some activity going on in this forum and many bro/sis have received ppr. I know I still have a few more months to go, but doesnt hurt to believe that somehow I will be the one who jumps the line......wishful thinking....only if chc isb would have some mercy and process our family sponsorship cases on priority bases......damn, wasted one of the most beautiful time of my life waiting for the damn documents to process.....I know many indian people who got married around same time as I did, they were able to get their wives case processed including passport stamp and landing, within 3-4 months!!!! That is soooooooo unfair, provided the indians are the ones who are known for marriage fraud!
karey koi, bharay koi
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

July-2010

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
dell1505 said:
a) No limit when you first land, just have proof of so much cash...(bank statement etc) if possible
b) The declaration form is for seasonal travelers or visitors or returning canadians. It asks you about tobacco and wine stuff, i dont rememebr exact details but it is basically to make sure you are not trying to avoid paying duties on items you should be paying duty on. In your case, I am sure even that doesn't apply.
c) You cant bring it all with you one shot, can you? If you can, then by all means go ahead. If you want to bring, furniture, computer, car, bed sheets, tv, bike, dishes, etc etc etc and you dont bring it when you first land, you can make a list of items you did not bring with you and give it to them, so when you bring those items, you dont have to pay tax on it....

I hope this helps! Congrats and welcome to Canada!
Zee, I second Dell's response on that but regarding dollars, there is no limit to bring any amount of dollars with you when you are entering Canada but Pakistan Customs will give you hard time if you tell them that you are carrying more than $ 10,000. If you can dodge them, do not worry about canadian officials. All countries are concerned about money going out, not coming in. hope that makes sense ;)
Also make sure not to mis represent any thing and do not lie about any thing with Canadian officials, as they can give you real hard time if you are caught lying.
For Pakistani officials, never tell them truth, otherwise you may get into trouble ;)

B

bestplace4u

wes786 said:
You cannot compare Pakistan to India in any way! I don't know how many times I have said it before and don't know how many times I will have to post it in the future. Doesn't matter how many frauds are coming to Canada from India, it's just like any other country but look at their economy! How many Canadians have invested in India because they are so advanced in everything people from Canada I know personally are going to India to study medicals and other programs. Call centers for all Canadian and US companies are located in India an there are many other reasons to list why indian timeline is only 6 months. Pakistan is totally opposite of that, and has lost all it's reputation! I hope you get the point!
I'll add one more point in that, Pakistan is a heaven of terrorists, where state and military sponsor terrorism not with in the country GLOBALLY.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
July-2010 said:
Zee, I second Dell's response on that but regarding dollars, there is no limit to bring any amount of dollars with you when you are entering Canada but Pakistan Customs will give you hard time if you tell them that you are carrying more than $ 10,000. If you can dodge them, do not worry about canadian officials. All countries are concerned about money going out, not coming in. hope that makes sense ;)
Also make sure not to mis represent any thing and do not lie about any thing with Canadian officials, as they can give you real hard time if you are caught lying.
For Pakistani officials, never tell them truth, otherwise you may get into trouble ;)
LOL so true..

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Recently Done With Re-medicals & Waiting for PPR

Humaumair---------->00-OCT-2010---->PPR---->19-Aug 2011 - [H]
Sunshine girl -------> 00-DEC-2010 - [H]
Ali_427-------------->00-APR-2011---->PPR---->06-AUG-2011 - [W]
BabarShah---------->09-MAY-2011 - [H]
KAAMIA72----------->10-MAY-2011---->PPR---->22-JUL-2011 - [W]
mfawad------------->12-MAY-2011
tkaa----------------->19-MAY-2011
Djz------------------>03-JUN-2011
khan82 ------------->13-JUN-2011 - [H]
wes786 ------------->13-JUN-2011----->PPR---->11-AUG-2011 - [W]
Nousheen1---------->15-JUN-2011 - [H]
alpha1980---------->17-JUN-2011 - [H]
saifsmarty---------->18-JUN-2011 - [H]
n2nadir-------------->20-JUN-2011----->PPR----->20-AUG-2011 - [W]
how_much_longer-->23-JUN-2011
Tor-wi--------------->24-JUN-2011 - [H]
ainy inam------------>04-JUL-2011 - [W]
wish he was here---->25-JUL-2011 - [H]

zeeeee--------------->10-AUG-2011----->PPR----->25-AUG-2011 - [W]

khanb5

Aug 8, 2011
wes786 sorry for keep quoting your post every times but I cant help it. I would love to asked you if you are a Pakistani?? if yes then you should clear your misconception ASAP you trying to say that Pakistan is not advance?? have you ever compare the education level here and back home??? have you seen the communication industry in Pakistan??? Sab choro yaar tum Karachi se ho right??? kabhi stock exchange k paas computer market mein gaye ho wahan talent dekha hai??? ajj agar hum suffer kare hain aur Indian's mazay mein hain its becuase of ppl like us jo apni hi values ko importance nahin dete. Oh bhai Indian's k paas zuban hai woh boltey hain apne rights k liay hamari tarhan chup kar k injustice ko seh nahin lete (Now please don't start saying the same stuff that lots of ppl already raised their voice and stuff) even when I am living here I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM GIVING BACK WHAT EVER I HAVE EARN FROM MY COUNTRY PAKISTAN. sorry to be harsh but I don't respect the individual who don't know how to respect there own roots and culture and promote them in front of others.
wes786 said:

depression

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
inshALLAH BEFORE THE END OF 2012.
wes bhai passport early check krne se kia mutlab hai....the person who sponsor;s passport or the applicant passport should be updated n valid...plz explain

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
khanb5 said:
wes786 sorry for keep quoting your post every times but I cant help it. I would love to asked you if you are a Pakistani?? if yes then you should clear your misconception ASAP you trying to say that Pakistan is not advance?? have you ever compare the education level here and back home??? have you seen the communication industry in Pakistan??? Sab choro yaar tum Karachi se ho right??? kabhi stock exchange k paas computer market mein gaye ho wahan talent dekha hai??? ajj agar hum suffer kare hain aur Indian's mazay mein hain its becuase of ppl like us jo apni hi values ko importance nahin dete. Oh bhai Indian's k paas zuban hai woh boltey hain apne rights k liay hamari tarhan chup kar k injustice ko seh nahin lete (Now please don't start saying the same stuff that lots of ppl already raised their voice and stuff) even when I am living here I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM GIVING BACK WHAT EVER I HAVE EARN FROM MY COUNTRY PAKISTAN. sorry to be harsh but I don't respect the individual who don't know how to respect there own roots and culture and promote them in front of others.
khanb5,

I don't know if you have comprehension problems or if you are just an attention seeker?

Why do you keep quoting Wes786 and then write your typical illogical response in return? Did you fall on your head when you were a kid? Where did Wes786 say that Pakistan doesn't have talent? All he said was about the reputation of Pakistan which is laughable at the international level and its true. The comment wasn't about the talent of Pakistan but the reputation of Pakistan. I will tell you what Indians have and what Pakistanis are missing. Indians have unity and we don't. Don't you see whats going on in Pakistan right now? They are killing eachother on the basis of ethnicity. how humane and logical is that? What is there to promote to others about Pakistan right now? Terrorism? Cold murders? Corruption? Hypocrite leaders?

Which values are you talking about? Values of unity? Peace? brotherhood? Honesty? ... Wake up and face the reality before its too late. This is the real problem with us Pakistanis. We don't accept the problems that we have; instead we keep on ignoring our issues while we sing the patriortic song at the top of our lungs. The day us Pakistanis realize our problems and look to resolve them is the day we would take a baby step towards being a proud Pakistani.

B

bestplace4u

Danny4450 said:
khanb5,

I don't know if you have comprehension problems or if you are just an attention seeker?

Why do you keep quoting Wes786 and then write your typical illogical response in return? Did you fall on your head when you were a kid? Where did Wes786 say that Pakistan doesn't have talent? All he said was about the reputation of Pakistan which is laughable at the international level and its true. The comment wasn't about the talent of Pakistan but the reputation of Pakistan. I will tell you what Indians have and what Pakistanis are missing. Indians have unity and we don't. Don't you see whats going on in Pakistan right now? They are killing eachother on the basis of ethnicity. how humane and logical is that? What is there to promote to others about Pakistan right now? Terrorism? Cold murders? Corruption? Hypocrite leaders?

Which values are you talking about? Values of unity? Peace? brotherhood? Honesty? ... Wake up and face the reality before its too late. This is the real problem with us Pakistanis. We don't accept the problems that we have; instead we keep on ignoring our issues while we sing the patriortic song at the top of our lungs. The day us Pakistanis realize our problems and look to resolve them is the day we would take a baby step towards being a proud Pakistani.
Dany bhai,
I have a bad memory if i am not wrong didn't we have this conv in PM? ;D correct me if i am wrong.

mfawad

Apr 15, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i willl second it...in canada n everywhere else Pakistan know as home of terrorism now...where india with all its problem still raising up...they have proved them self to the world...
Danny4450 said:
khanb5,

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bestplace4u said:
Dany bhai,
I have a bad memory if i am not wrong didn't we have this conv in PM? ;D correct me if i am wrong.
Yes we did have this conv in PM a few months back. MY POV is still the same when it comes to immigration policy makers & the religion, although immigration from Pakistan is now a victim due to both issues :p .. The thing is, right now you might not be able to get my point of view till you live a few months in Canada under the conservative policy makers.

B

bestplace4u

Danny4450 said:
Yes we did have this conv in PM a few months back. MY POV is still the same when it comes to immigration policy makers & the religion, although immigration from Pakistan is now a victim due to both issues :p .. The thing is, right now you might not be able to get my point of view till you live a few months in Canada under the conservative policy makers.
Well policies never bothers me until they are not based on race or against our religion :D

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bestplace4u said:
Well policies never bothers me until they are not based on race or against our religion :D
You are about to be bothered by them soon once you get your Visa. I thought you might have see a glimpse of it already.. as they put your case in interview queue now for no logical reason :(

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Exactly what I was trying to say indirectly but as you said some people are ignorant and just attention seekers! Thanks for supporting my statement.

Khan, if you can come up with a valid point why our timeline should be reduced back to 9 months like it was in 2009 and earlier, then do let me know because I am curious to know as well. There is a reason why it went from being 9 months in 2009 to 24 months currently within 2 yrs.

Danny4450 said:
khanb5,