+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some usefull information for my forum friends.

What is background check?

Background check is conducted to check out if applicant or any of his dependents could be involved in espionage or terrorism activities or be of any other danger to Canada. Background check starts shortly after the application was logged in and is conducted parallel to application consideration without applicant's participation.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) in conjunction with the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) administers the background checks. Since Canadian officials confer with other governments, departments and/or organization it may take several months for the completion of the background checks.

A PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA CANNOT BE ISSUED UNTIL SUCH TIME AS THE BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE CLEARED.

How long does the background check take?

There is no set timeframe for background check. Its duration can be affected by such factors as military service, foreign trips, membership in political organizations, names similarity. It takes as much time as it requires.

M

maximus391

There is no set timeframe for background check. Its duration can be affected by such factors as military service, foreign trips, membership in political organizations, names similarity. It takes as much time as it requires.---AWESOMEEE

M

maximus391

Hi Guys,

does anyone know what is the difference between "Case Specific Inquiry" & "General Email Inquiry".

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
maximus391 said:
Hi Guys,

does anyone know what is the difference between "Case Specific Inquiry" & "General Email Inquiry".
I don't think there is any, they reply the same way doesn't matter how you contact them...

B

bestplace4u

Desi_Canadian said:
AOA/hi to all.

It has been 6 months have not get response from ISB_CHC.Can i contact and talk some one to find out status of my spouse's application?I appreciate for a good advice.should i contact to Embassy of ISB?

Allah hafiz.
Hey Desi Canadian long time buddy how have u been no dont contact them just wait rememeber u and i have same timelines :)
just keep your fingers crossed and keep praying.

marya238

Dec 9, 2010
Georgetown
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2009
AOR Received.
12-11-2009
File Transfer...
07-12-2009
Med's Request
27-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-12-2010
Jan 7th 15 Months :mad:

Humaumair

Dec 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 2009
Med's Request
re med oct2010,re pcc jan 2011
Interview........
July 7th ,2011
Passport Req..
19th Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29th aug 2011
12 months in a while todayyy :(

hope Jan give a good news to us Ameen

Humaumair

Dec 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 2009
Med's Request
Interview........
July 7th ,2011
Passport Req..
19th Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29th aug 2011
question

i receieved a mail from isl emabssy saying that they sent a letter on 13th oct 2010 and i didnt reply and 45 days were give to comply.
but i didnt get any letter...i got re-medical on 21st oct 2010.i sent them an e-mail and TCS also that i didnt get any letter in 13th oct 2010.....
as they wrote 45 days were giveen to comply Allah na keray they cant close my file right? coz i never got any letter...
Now ill contact them when the embassy will open

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct 13 most likely was a re-medical letter as many peoples received re-medical letters in Oct.

Is your PCC is still valid or expired? If expired than Oct 13 letter may be re-pcc letter.

FYI - I have received RE-PCC letter on Oct 21 than a week after on Oct 28 I have received re-medical letter.

Humaumair

Dec 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 2009
Med's Request
Interview........
July 7th ,2011
Passport Req..
19th Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29th aug 2011
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Oct 13 most likely was a re-medical letter as many peoples received re-medical letters in Oct.

Is your PCC is still valid or expired? If expired than Oct 13 letter may be re-pcc letter.

FYI - I have received RE-PCC letter on Oct 21 than a week after on Oct 28 I have received re-medical letter.
PCC is police clearence certificate na??? no i didnt get PCC...i sent it b4....like a yr ago...
but i ddidnt get any letter....they cant close my file na??

Humaumair

Dec 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 2009
Med's Request
Interview........
July 7th ,2011
Passport Req..
19th Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29th aug 2011
Humaumair said:
PCC is police clearence certificate na??? no i didnt get PCC...i sent it b4....like a yr ago...
but i ddidnt get any letter....they cant close my file na??
also the re-medical letter was stamped 21st oct 2010 by them..so how can they send the 13th oct letter after....

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Old PCC become expire after 1 yr. So by looking at my pattern may be Oct 13 letter was for re-pcc and week after Oct 21 letter for re-medical.

They will not close the file. Please email them and asked them that your police certificate has been expired but you havnt received yet new pcc letter request. Please advice.

In my opinion dont mentioned anything about Oct 13.

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
REMEDICAL REQUEST SEPT 2010
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA MARCH 17
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
Most likely they will ask you to send them a new Police character certificate, because it is already expired. They can't close your file without letting you know. Just like you mentioned that you did not recieve any letter from the embassy, it has happened to me as well, embassy told my MP's office that they had sent the letter to my husband in pakistan about the police certificate and that was in October and my husband never recieved any letter, then the embassy sent that copy to MP'S office and they forward that letter to me, that's how i came to know that there was a such letter that they had mailed.

I don't know what's going on with this embassy, where they mailing those letters and to whom they are mailing. It's very strange that many people are complaining that they have not recieved those letters.

Any way my husband already sent them the required documents and now we are just waiting for the PPR i guess?
God knows how long will that take. It's going to be 14 months on Jan the 14th 2011.

INSHA ALLAH we should all hear some good news in the year 2011.

I WISH ALL THE FORUM MEMBERS A VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR AND GOOD LUCK.

Desi_Canadian

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
Thanks for your kindly imformation @sidney. I am waiting like you @bestplace4u.InshALLAH we will hear good new in 2011.Allah Paak sub ki dil ki mordein and subko appne beloved sath jaldi mal de (SUM AMEEN)>

Salam to all.