+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
rackeya said:
im 18, i dont have a house lease, or anything of the sort, i dont even have a job, i quit when i was coming to karachi, i have a job offer waiting for me there incase i want a job but nothing written on paper. but i do have a return ticket tht shows that i will be returning to canada. my reurn ticket is for feb 4 2012. what do u think?
People have different opinions about staying for too long in Pakistan with your spouse. Since last year what I have seen people go through is quite of bit of hardship if they stay over 6 months, so now what they have been doing is they go to Pakistan for 6 months then come back spend some time in Canada and go back to Pakistan and stay till the VISA show up. However, the process has gotten so long now that it is taking longer than 12months. So what applicants have been doing is that they wait until they hear something from CHC-Islamabad, ie. until the file opens for initial review ~9-12 Months after application, and then go to pakistan and stay there till VISA comes. Choice is yours.

whywait:(

Mar 2, 2011
salaam sis,
I was wondering who was kind enough to give me 1+, I gave everyone 1+ yesterday 8). I like how you use the word "YET" lol!!
my hubby's experiance at the airport was ok, other than long lines and an hour of delay he was fine:)

It's boiling hot in Toronto today :eek:, it's 33+ :eek:

mahmed17 said:
Yes allhumdulillah I am enjoying it and am looking forward to the day I get to take my car with flowers to the airport haha :D but I am kidding about the closet I am giving him one whole closet to himself since I have 2 walk ins so I won't be mean to him (yet) but when my saas comes she is bringing me more clothes so I might have to steal some of his room laterr lol.

Well your husband must not be complaining after waiting so long to get to be with you im sure even the 20% makes him happy ;D

Jazakillah khair sis for the duas gave you +1, everytime u write to me ill give you one ;D and you are right its good to see peoples experiences when landing, speaking of which when your hubby landed how was his experience at the airport?

khan82

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May.2010 Mississauga
AOR Received.
Aug.2010
File Transfer...
July.2010
yayyyyyyyy an other +1 i got from some one kiya batt hai :p ;D nazar na lagay

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
khan82 said:
yayyyyyyyy an other +1 i got from some one kiya batt hai :p ;D nazar na lagay
Okay.. I will give you a +1 if it makes you this happy :)

whywait:(

Mar 2, 2011
great post :)
even though I have my driver's licence I still took the on line test 8)

S. Jan said:
Assalam alaikum,
Hope every1z fine... i hope visas are issued or about to be issued INSHALLAH n ameen..
I have some tips to offer for those who are coming here soon INSHALLAH.. I geuss every1 probably know these things but just in case..

-It helps that you search for jobs while u r in Pakistan... now a days the job situation is pretty slow over here..
Some great job sites are:
www.monster.ca
www.kijijji.ca
www.indeed.com
www.google.com

-It may take some time to get your own field of work but stay hopefull, keep searching and applying for jobs online or through recruiting agencies (search in your area, go to the ones close by and register with them). Contact your prospective employer and send them your updated and proofread resume and a cover letter.
Bring all your educational documents along with your references and recommendation letters from ur past/current employers and professors.

-If you plan on pursuing your education further or enrolling in uni/colleges here, search for Canadian universities/colleges on google. Look for the admission requirements...Contact the desired program advisers through email if you have any inquiries. Again make sure to bring all your educational documents if this is what you are interested in.

-Incase you are stuck and can't find employment.. I would strongly recommend to get admissions in colleges or universities for upgrading urself as jobs in IT for instance, may require programs u have no experience of. So short-term studies to stay upto date, does make a difference.

-Prepare yourself for G1 driving license beforehand. This site will help you for G1:
http://www.carsaga.com/driving-test/ontario-g1-driving-test/
keep in mind its for Ontario residence.. if u plan on going to another province just type G1 test preparation and ur province name and hopefully something will come up.

Don't forget to bring your old driving license please. The more years of experience you have on there, the better! Your will pay less insurance if you add up that experience while registering for G1 Licence.

FOR GIRLS:
- What household/kitchen items to pack/bring wen coming here...?
My personal experience ...
If you are goin to settle in Ontario and to be more specific in Toronto/Mississauga area.. trust me everything u need from Pakistan is here... u just have to find those pakistani/indian stores in Toronto and Mississauga area.. from cutlery to bedsheets everythingz available.. prices are reasonable but then again this could be subjective..
bring green-tea lol if u like to drink it. :p its hard to get the pakistani onez here.. and some nice kameez/shalwar or kurta type stuff i geuss.. u will need all summer, winter, spring material clothings...
If you are bringing your jewelry make sure to bring the receipts for that.. they charge you for that on the air-port.

GOOD LUCK .. u all are in my prayers :)

rackeya

Star Member
Apr 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10 2011
Doc's Request.
Volunterily sent updating documents April 5 2012
File Transfer...
May 17 2011
Med's Request
re-med June 4 2012
Med's Done....
Done on the June 25th Dmp sent it out on June 29th. Medical recieved update on ecas on July 7th!
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW MASHALLAH
Passport Req..
June 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 17 2012 / E-cas updated w/decision made JULY 15 2012
LANDED..........
AUG 19 2012
Doctorkhan said:
Well Part of your comment was true but i dont agree with the rest .... TELLING AN UNNECESSARY LIE could be troublesome .... 1st of all if she will stay with her husband she dont have to provide CHC-ISB her proof of contact and all that crap cuz she is already co-habiting .... 2ndly even if she returns for sending the supporting docs and then returns pakistan and if CHC-ISB objects and asks for her Passport copies to prove her residence then they will catch her lie and messed up her case .... My advice , according to my own experience since i did the same thing that is going to do ,

* She applied in Feb 2011 , so she is not gonna listen from CHC till Jan-Feb 2012 ( atleast )
* She Could stay with her husband till Jan 2012 and then return to Canada to resume her residency .
DONT FORGET TO TELL CHC ABOUT YOUR TRAVEL TO PAKISTAN & LATER YOUR RETURN TO CANADA.
* After returning to Canada immediately start using ur credit card ( with ur name ), get a cell phone ( with ur name ), sign up for some coarses or volunteer somewhere so tht if they object about ur residency u would have ample proofs to show them ur residency .
* Handling the objection of residency is the easiest one since you just need docs with your name on that like bills , employment letter , bank statements , passport copies , tax assessments etc .
* ITs useless to live in Canada without ur husband for 1.5 years atleast if u are not studying/working here .

Thats what i understand and believe by going through all these crappy immigration system .
i understand my options now thanks for your feedback :)

i'd also like to know, processing begins when papers and confirmed by CIC Mississauga or process begin when papers have reached islamabad?

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
rackeya said:
i understand my options now thanks for your feedback :)

i'd also like to know, processing begins when papers and confirmed by CIC Mississauga or process begin when papers have reached islamabad?
In my opinion processing beings when your file is created i.e. when your papers reach Islamabad and your case is assigned a File number.

khan82

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May.2010 Mississauga
AOR Received.
Aug.2010
File Transfer...
July.2010
Danny4450 said:
Okay.. I will give you a +1 if it makes you this happy :)
hahahaha i was just kidding ,but any ways thanks bro ;D

R.Mujgani

Champion Member
May 14, 2011
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2011
AOR Received.
Wakalat Nama March 2012/ Supp. forms June 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2011 (Ecase changed to IN PROCCESS October 26 2012)
Med's Request
November 21th 2012
Med's Done....
November 29th 2012
Interview........
Waived Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah April 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdulillah June 28 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah July 14 2013
Wes bhai i always pray for everyone here to be reunited wit their spouses. ur always in ma prayers :)

n Khan82, lol i do give +1's but wen i said i give more as in in life u get a step higher n Allah SWT loving u more :)

khan82

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May.2010 Mississauga
AOR Received.
Aug.2010
File Transfer...
July.2010
R.Mujgani said:
Wes bhai i always pray for everyone here to be reunited wit their spouses. ur always in ma prayers :)

n Khan82, lol i do give +1's but wen i said i give more as in in life u get a step higher n Allah SWT loving u more :)
Allahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SWT give you the reward of your prayers for us thanks sisssssssssssssssss sweet heart for your praying shoooooooooo shweetttttttttttttttt khair bebeni....yes WES bro deserve more since he always helping ever one in this forum thanks wes bro

B

bestplace4u

khan82 said:
Allahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SWT give you the reward of your prayers for us thanks sisssssssssssssssss sweet heart for your praying shoooooooooo shweetttttttttttttttt khair bebeni....yes WES bro deserve more since he always helping ever one in this forum thanks wes bro
If +1 is making u very happy one from me since u prayed for me :)

khan82

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May.2010 Mississauga
AOR Received.
Aug.2010
File Transfer...
July.2010
bestplace4u said:
If +1 is making u very happy one from me since u prayed for me :)
:( bestplace Bro thanks for +1 ,but meri liay be dua karo coz i am in depression that soon Allah bring my hubby since i am very alone in this country i live with my uncle i need my hubby my own home now soon

kashif8597

May 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2010
AOR Received.
13-July-2010
zs101 said:
Hello friends,

Today after a long wait I finally received a letter from CIC asking for an updated PCC. I have lived in England for 4 years and sent them my PCC from the UK and Pakistan both previously. Since they've asked me for updated pcc again, I was wondering if I have to send them PCC from England as well or the PCC from Pak alone would suffice?

Thanks
What is your timeline? Are you July 2010 AOR?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
khan82 said:
NO problem! I just try to help people with what I know and experienced. I am no lawyer or a consultant, I am just an average guy like others on this forum :)

rackeya

Star Member
Apr 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10 2011
Doc's Request.
Volunterily sent updating documents April 5 2012
File Transfer...
May 17 2011
Med's Request
re-med June 4 2012
Med's Done....
Done on the June 25th Dmp sent it out on June 29th. Medical recieved update on ecas on July 7th!
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW MASHALLAH
Passport Req..
June 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 17 2012 / E-cas updated w/decision made JULY 15 2012
LANDED..........
AUG 19 2012
hey guys, should the sponsored person email to get the file number or the sponsorer? ???