+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2014 Applicants

Suddha

Aug 26, 2014
heroforest said:
Where do you see a Oct. Applicant getting MR ? Thanks
Page 237 from Sept Forum
-------------------------------------------
oct 1 receive MR yesterday , from trustable message source .

have to refresh email more frequently now.

tech06

Jun 1, 2015
Hi Guys

I am October 14,2014 cec applicant.. waiting for MR like everyone else. My WP expires May 21st. Is it the good time to apply for BOWP or i should wait.?
And any idea how far cic reached with MR requests.. i saw applicants of mid september getting them.

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
tech06 said:
Hi Guys

I am October 14,2014 cec applicant.. waiting for MR like everyone else. My WP expires May 21st. Is it the good time to apply for BOWP or i should wait.?
And any idea how far cic reached with MR requests.. i saw applicants of mid september getting them.
If you are not worried about IMPLIED Status...then I would suggest wait till April or May 1st week...u never know we may get through by that time....

Rouble

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys,

I am also an October applicant waiting for my medical request.

Application Reached: oct 17,2014
AOR: 18th Feb, 2015

Eagerly waiting for it and i hope they start processing the October files soon.

elchivo83

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Hey guys. Do we have to send our passports away once everything has been processed to get the final PR? I'm planning on going overseas for a bit in the next few months, so I'd need my passport!

APL

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App:EE6-11-15/OldCEC 20-10-14
Doc's Request.
Doc Request- Sch A-3-12-15/none
AOR Received.
AOR:6-11-2015/19-02-15
Med's Request
Med:Passed19-11-15/Upfront-16-12-15
Passport Req..
PPR-waiting/29-2-16
VISA ISSUED...
PP Delivered-1-3-16
LANDED..........
15-3-2016
Ecas shows medical results have been received. I did medicals for my express entry application and sent a copy to CIC in December 2015 to attach my medicals to my CEC ( pre express entry) application as well.

I am an October 20th 2014 applicant btw.

Thanks

marmaht

Dec 14, 2014
Alberta, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
Decision made: 26-02-2016 (waiting for an email/letter from CIC to know the decision)
VISA ISSUED...
From a visa exempt country
LANDED..........
20-04-2016 (Edmonton CIC office)
I have a question: I received last week the final version of my T4 for 2012, 2013 and 2014 by the Canada Revenue Agency. They had to make them themselves as my boss never agreed to send his copy to the taxes...

I realize now that I sent a T4 for 2013 with a $3000 difference compared to my NoA (I've been trying to have my taxes reassessed and correct T4 since last July, my boss being an asshole and I actually suspect him to steal money from the company).

Now that I have a definitive T4: shall I send this copy to CIC? Won't they find it strange to receive so many different T4, and NoA...? Or would it be even weirder to have a T4 with a different amount than on my NoA?

I'm just extremely nervous because of my former boss. He would do everything he could to screw with my life... :/

marmaht

Dec 14, 2014
Alberta, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
Decision made: 26-02-2016 (waiting for an email/letter from CIC to know the decision)
VISA ISSUED...
From a visa exempt country
LANDED..........
20-04-2016 (Edmonton CIC office)
Ok, it's actually a $1500 difference between my T4 and my NoA.... I don't want to confuse them even more, I know it's very easy to do...

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
tech06 said:
Hi Guys

You should apply within 4 and 1 month before your WP expires.

Check processing times, are like 149 days for online applications and 100 for paper applications.

I don't like implied status and most probably you won't get PR before your BOWP ia processed so I would apply now paper based.

Keep in mind some BOWP are rejected due to mistaken applications, if you get it after your WP expires situation will be more complicated.

So you can apply now paper based to get BOWP sooner or wait until March 19 to apply online if you believe PR was obtained by October 2016 (who knows! )

Personally I don't want to take chances so I would apply now

Currently some CEC applicants are getting MR after 17 months, final process after that can be 3-4 months minimum so we can expect 21 months total processing times, at least because processing times are being longer than expected.

madlouni

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2014
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016 PC & 31-03-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/app
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Interview........
06-04-2016 RPRF
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
Gregor.Samsa said:
You should apply within 4 and 1 month before your WP expires.

Check processing times, are like 149 days for online applications and 100 for paper applications.

I don't like implied status and most probably you won't get PR before your BOWP ia processed so I would apply now paper based.

Keep in mind some BOWP are rejected due to mistaken applications, if you get it after your WP expires situation will be more complicated.

So you can apply now paper based to get BOWP sooner or wait until March 19 to apply online if you believe PR was obtained by October 2016 (who knows! )

Personally I don't want to take chances so I would apply now

Currently some CEC applicants are getting MR after 17 months, final process after that can be 3-4 months minimum so we can expect 21 months total processing times, at least because processing times are being longer than expected.
To my understanding if you apply for BOWP and it gets rejected, you have to leave the country (after your WP expires) as you don't have a valid status to work or stay (unless you get a TRV but you can not work for sure), am I correct?

If so, then applying 4 months before the WP expires put you at risk of losing your job and quitting the country, whereas applying a month before the WP expires gives you at least 2-3 months extra in the country, and hopefully your BOWP gets accepted and get an extra year, correct?

I am asking because this is what someone from CIC call center told me once when I called, my WP expires in June and she said wait until May to apply so you get the longest period to stay in case the BOWP gets rejected.

What would implied status do to you? If you don't mind staying with the same employer and staying in Canada I don't see any bad thing from being under implied status, correct?

Because if what I understood is not correct I should apply myself for BOWP now :D !

Please advise
Thank you

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
madlouni said:
To my understanding if you apply for BOWP and it gets rejected, you have to leave the country (after your WP expires) as you don't have a valid status to work or stay (unless you get a TRV but you can not work for sure), am I correct?

If so, then applying 4 months before the WP expires put you at risk of losing your job and quitting the country, whereas applying a month before the WP expires gives you at least 2-3 months extra in the country, and hopefully your BOWP gets accepted and get an extra year, correct?

I am asking because this is what someone from CIC call center told me once when I called, my WP expires in June and she said wait until May to apply so you get the longest period to stay in case the BOWP gets rejected.

What would implied status do to you? If you don't mind staying with the same employer and staying in Canada I don't see any bad thing from being under implied status, correct?

Because if what I understood is not correct I should apply myself for BOWP now :D !

Please advise
Thank you
Well, it's a bit complicated right now with CIC slower processing times

Applying by paper for BOWP 4 months before WP expires you can get a decision in 100 days, so 15-20 days before WP expires (too tight). If negative you have some time to reapply fixing mistakes. (There is a chance to get refusal after WP expires, see below actions)

Applying online for BOWP 1 month before WP expires, you will get a decision 140-30 = 110 days after WP expires. Hopefully you can get PR before that.

If BOWP application is rejected after WP expires, you're under "Restoration time" for 90 days, you should stop work immediately but can satay in Canada for 90 days and apply for Status Restoration. I don't know about it, buthe I guess you can apply for visitor status.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp

About Implied Status you're right, it's not a big deal, if you can stay with same employer (only for closed WP) and you don't need to leave Canada (you can leave but you cannot cine back except with a new status, like visitor or a new WP).

About what is better option for BOWP application is up to you, I would like the first option but time frame is too narrow.

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
I think the second one is better. Have a question for the last one, what do you mean implied status is for (closed WP only?)

I think you implied status if for all kind of work permit

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
heroforest said:
I think the second one is better. Have a question for the last one, what do you mean implied status is for (closed WP only?)

I think you implied status if for all kind of work permit
Implied status is for any permit, means you can stay working at same conditions as your last permit.

Only if you have a closed WP you're tied to your employer.

If you already have a OWP you're not tied to your employer, however is hard to find a new employer under Implied Status.