+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicant January draw

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
curious_123 said:
-It has to be continuous
-CEC will have separate quota
Why will CEC have a separate quota?
CIC have stated that the system allows for draws to take place for specific immigration streams but by default, it's purely done on CRC scores.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
doubleym said:
Why will CEC have a separate quota?
CIC have stated that the system allows for draws to take place for specific immigration streams but by default, it's purely done on CRC scores.
But they have stated that they will be taking in 21,000 in CEC stream

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
dukhi said:
But they have stated that they will be taking in 21,000 in CEC stream
Yes but the original question was if CEC applications would be selected separately from FSW from the pool.

Nothing to do with the overall quota for economic immigrants.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
doubleym said:
Yes but the original question was if CEC applications would be selected separately from FSW from the pool.

Nothing to do with the overall quota for economic immigrants.
It can be one of the two ways which we do not know..

1. draw will declared how many CEC will be invited say 500 ITA
2. Top ranked will be selected from the pool and say out of 1500 ITA which will be given out , 600 is from CEC which will count towards 21000

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
curious_123 said:
It can be one of the two ways which we do not know..

1. draw will declared how many CEC will be invited say 500 ITA
2. Top ranked will be selected from the pool and say out of 1500 ITA which will be given out , 600 is from CEC which will count towards 21000
This is pretty much right, just remember that by default, they will say x number of ITAs will be issued, and just take the top x candidates from the pool, regardless of whether they qualify for FSW, CEC or both.

Some clarity: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/draws.asp

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
doubleym said:
This is pretty much right, just remember that by default, they will say x number of ITAs will be issued, and just take the top x candidates from the pool, regardless of whether they qualify for FSW, CEC or both.

Some clarity: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/draws.asp
But then it contradicts the motion of having separate number of expected immigrants for CEC etc....What if all or majority of the candidates choosen from the pool based on the CRS are belongs to one of the stream???

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
dukhi said:
But then it contradicts the motion of having separate number of expected immigrants for CEC etc....What if all or majority of the candidates choosen from the pool based on the CRS are belongs to one of

These instructions will include:

the date and time of the draw,
the number of candidates that will get an ITA, and
if it applies, which specific immigration program(s) will be included in the draw.
If the instructions do not specify which immigration program the candidates must be eligible for, the draw will be based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score.

I guess based on this they will say the immigration stream say fsw,cec..if not it will top points holder..

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
curious_123 said:
dukhi said:
But then it contradicts the motion of having separate number of expected immigrants for CEC etc....What if all or majority of the candidates choosen from the pool based on the CRS are belongs to one of

These instructions will include:

the date and time of the draw,
the number of candidates that will get an ITA, and
if it applies, which specific immigration program(s) will be included in the draw.
If the instructions do not specify which immigration program the candidates must be eligible for, the draw will be based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score.

I guess based on this they will say the immigration stream say fsw,cec..if not it will top points holder..
Exactly, if CIC find they are falling short of say CEC applicants, then they will do a draw specifically for CEC profiles.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
curious_123 said:
-It has to be continuous
-CEC will have separate quota
Like the official link says, Ministerial instructions will be issued for every draw, and if the instructions don't specify which programs are to be included, then the draw will be based purely on CRS scores.

So, yes, CEC may have a separate quota, but only if the Ministerial Instructions dictate so, and those instructions will be different with each draw.

On the other side of the coin, there might be draws from which NO CEC's will be selected, for example if the Minister's instructions might say to include only the FSW category in the draw. In the future, it's quite likely that the Minister might say to select only people with LMIA or PNP. :p :p :p

So that's a knife that cuts both ways. Don't hold your hopes too high. CEC's may be selected, or they might not be selected at all.

It just depends on what the Minister wants. The Minister is King.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
marcus66502 said:
Like the official link says, Ministerial instructions will be issued for every draw, and if the instructions don't specify which programs are to be included, then the draw will be based purely on CRS scores.

So, yes, CEC may have a separate quota, but only if the Ministerial Instructions dictate so, and those instructions will be different with each draw.

On the other side of the coin, there might be draws from which NO CEC's will be selected, for example if the Minister's instructions might say to include only the FSW category in the draw. In the future, it's quite likely that the Minister might say to select only people with LMIA or PNP. :p :p :p

So that's a knife that cuts both ways. Don't hold your hopes too high. CEC's may be selected, or they might not be selected at all.

KING IN THE NORTH!

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
marcus66502 said:

I totally agree with u..all my point is some how those 21000 applicant need to be filled.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
curious_123 said:
I totally agree with u..all my point is some how those 21000 applicant need to be filled.
Yes, they'll probably run stream-specific draws further down the line to meet whichever quotas they have, for example if they fulfill the quota for CEC, they'll do FSW-only draws and further CEC profiles will have to wait until next year, unless they also qualified for FSW.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Hello Guys i am CEC candidate from July 2014 and also created EE profile to check where i stand.. I have an MBA from abck home and my spouse has Masters as well but since i have no evaluation for it so not getting any points for those.. plus wife has not taken IELTS either.. still i got 442 points.. is that a good score? Currently working here on BOWP.. my question is.. if i get nominated for EE.. can i have simultaneously both CEC and EE applications in process or will i hv to withdraw one application?