Jul 4, 2024
May-26 submitted at Service Ontario
May-28 status - Processing.
July-12 status - Reviewing.
July -23 status - Printed and Mailed.

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
We are planning to travel and need the Passport done sooner after the Oath, Based on the experiences in this group do we need to have Flight tickets to request Express Service ? ( 2-9 business days )
Also if you went with Regular service, how long did it take for you to receive the passport in the recent times ?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
We are planning to travel and need the Passport done sooner after the Oath, Based on the experiences in this group do we need to have Flight tickets to request Express Service ? ( 2-9 business days )
Also if you went with Regular service, how long did it take for you to receive the passport in the recent times ?
Flight tickets mandatory for Express service

If Regular service is done from Service Canada Passport Office - 10 days + shipping
If Regular service is done from Regular Service Canada Office - 20 days + shipping

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Flight tickets mandatory for Express service

If Regular service is done from Service Canada Passport Office - 10 days + shipping
If Regular service is done from Regular Service Canada Office - 20 days + shipping
Thanks for the quick response, and if we opt for pickup , that would save few days of shipping ?

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
We applied as family (3 adults and 1 child)
June 10, 2024 - Submitted in person at Service Canada Edmonton AB
Current status is "We have received your application and are now reviewing it"

Today, one of the adult application status is " We can't give you the application status right now"

What does it mean?
We got 2 adult passport but the other one are still reviewing along with the minor applicant.

Adult submitted - June 10 while minor submitted June 17.

Is this normal routine application?

Peter Griffin

Jun 19, 2018
Today my status changed to 'We have received your application and are now reviewing it'. Before it was 'we received your application and it is under processing'.
Finally my status changed to we received and reviewing it. This is very very slow. On my receipt it said they ll mail out on Jul 10. I need to travel soon in the last week of august. I am super worried if ill receive the passport at all. I applied on June 4, 2024 in person. This is slower than expected.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Finally my status changed to we received and reviewing it. This is very very slow. On my receipt it said they ll mail out on Jul 10. I need to travel soon in the last week of august. I am super worried if ill receive the passport at all. I applied on June 4, 2024 in person. This is slower than expected.
You might be eligible for refund - Check here >

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/fees/passport-travel-document-refunds.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/processing-times.html#service

siumingliu

Jul 16, 2024
Me too! I need to travel at the end of August but the passport status is still "reviewing it". I applied in Toronto service canada on 6 June 2024, almost 2 months time gone.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Applied on July 2nd, at Scarborough passport office. We were told that it will be ready by 16th. On 28th our guarantor got a call for verification. However the status is still in under review. How long should it take now?

srin881

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Had applied on 30th May at Service Canada at Scarborough,today checked the tracker and saw that my passport has been mailed finally.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Applied on July 2nd, at Scarborough passport office. We were told that it will be ready by 16th. On 28th our guarantor got a call for verification. However the status is still in under review. How long should it take now?
Update: status changed today to passport mailed. Finally.

Reactions: siumingliu

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Regular service takes like 2 months now. Just look at the other comments from people who applied at end of May only to get the passport mailed out these past few days.

karan321

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Does anyone have experience applying for a passport in person? is it better to go to the passport office rather than service Canada, read some previous posts seem to have different processing times, true?

tried to book an appointment it shows availability of September. Is showing up early at the office is fine?

I have a travel plan at the end of Sep. not confirmed yet. Should I opt for regular service?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone have experience applying for a passport in person? is it better to go to the passport office rather than service Canada, read some previous posts seem to have different processing times, true?

tried to book an appointment it shows availability of September. Is showing up early at the office is fine?

I have a travel plan at the end of Sep. not confirmed yet. Should I opt for regular service?
Strongly recommend going to the passport offices - there's a reason the service standards are faster there.

Instead of signing up for an appointment, just go to a passport office and line up. Depending on office it might take a couple hours but is worth it. At some offices you might have to go early in morning, or you might have better luck heading there later in day and taking your chances.

If you do this and select the 'pick up' option instead of receiving by mail, you have removed most of the potential delays or snags.

Reactions: adstarscream732