+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can international student go out of country for 1 week while studying? Will it impact the 'student status'?

Sep 24, 2024
I know someone who has to go to home country for 1 week while studying.

Let's say she gets permission from university and professors to be absent for 1 week, will it impact the 'student status' of her?

Will it cause any immigration problems going out of Canada and coming back to Canada?
Hii Do you friend visit india then by asking profesor or not because i also want to travel to india during ongoing semester so please reply mee please itts really urgent

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hii Do you friend visit india then by asking profesor or not because i also want to travel to india during ongoing semester so please reply mee please itts really urgent
There's nothing stopping you from traveling during a study semester, I doubt you need permission to do that from your school either. Also, there's no such thing as "attendance" but you might miss pop quiz, etc depending on your prof. Regardless, you are free to travel and only thing you need to ensure is you have a valid study permit and a multiple entry TRV. This is what you would need to re-enter Canada. If CBSA asks, you say you had an emergency or whatever and had to travel. Hardly doubt they give two fs if you have a valid permit and a visa. Good luck.