+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I renew my biometrics to extend validity of an approved tourist visa?

Harld

Jun 20, 2024
I submitted the passport today because the deadline will expire in a few days, unfortunately no BIL or responses recieved yet

megnani

Jul 1, 2024
Renewing biometrics to extend the validity of an approved tourist visa typically depends on the specific country's visa policies. Most countries do not allow the extension of a visa simply by renewing biometrics. Instead, you would generally need to apply for a new visa if your current visa is about to expire. However, some countries may have specific provisions or processes in place for extending visas.

To get the most accurate information, it's best to:

1. **Check the official website** of the embassy or consulate of the country that issued your visa.
2. **Contact the embassy or consulate directly** for detailed instructions and requirements.
3. **Review any specific instructions** related to your visa type, as some visas may have different rules regarding extensions and biometrics.

If you provide the country in question, I can look up more specific details for you.

Harld

Jun 20, 2024
Renewing biometrics to extend the validity of an approved tourist visa typically depends on the specific country's visa policies. Most countries do not allow the extension of a visa simply by renewing biometrics. Instead, you would generally need to apply for a new visa if your current visa is about to expire. However, some countries may have specific provisions or processes in place for extending visas.

To get the most accurate information, it's best to:

1. **Check the official website** of the embassy or consulate of the country that issued your visa.
2. **Contact the embassy or consulate directly** for detailed instructions and requirements.
3. **Review any specific instructions** related to your visa type, as some visas may have different rules regarding extensions and biometrics.

If you provide the country in question, I can look up more specific details for you.
In my mother case is Colombia, and yes it was for a new visa application with a new Biometricos check mark, contacted sereval times though web forms, not update recieved, nothing back from them