+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Called CIC today and got starnge answer

kevin petersen

Jul 27, 2012
Hello

Please help me out with my confusion:

-I have applied for my PNP, which will be processed next February 2015 as the quota was filled
Now in January 2015 I will be applied for CEC and I will apply through EE, now what if I get my PNP? Will they consider it ?

As per question 9 in CIC

“here are two ways to do this. A person can:
• apply to the PNP first, get a nomination and then fill out an Express Entry profile; or
• fill out the Express Entry profile first. Provinces and territories can then search the Express Entry pool and ask a candidate to apply for their PNP. When the candidate gets a nomination certificate, they will update their Express Entry profile”

If I get nominated, I won't be nominated via EE search but because I already applied? Please help

hsb123

Aug 14, 2013
I believe PGWP holder will apply Under CEC, CEC doesn't require LIMA, Even if you goto their website there is no LIMA option for CEC.

However, also on express entry page I found this;

A job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment must

For Federal Skilled Worker Program
be permanent, non-seasonal and full time, and
be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list.

For Federal Skilled Trades Program

be for at least one year of full-time work,
be Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades) in one of the eligible occupations, and
have wages and working conditions comparable to those offered to Canadians working in the occupation.
Note: For the FSTP, the employment offer can be made by up to two employers.

For Canadian Experience Class (not required but applicants can get extra points under the Comprehensive Ranking System for a job offer)
be permanent, non-seasonal and full time, and
be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list.

Again this needs clarification. Technically Speaking, International Students on PGWP are exempted from LIMA

susana

Nov 4, 2008
It means that the LMIA is not mandatory for CEC and PGWP BUT you don't get the 600 points. You can still get invited as your score will be compared with others under the same category.

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
amro375 said:
Can anyone share how to contact CIC?
18882422100 if you are located in north america

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, How about a person who is on a Intra company transfer permanent job (Software IT) in Canada and want to apply under CEC quota (EE)? Are they eligible to get 600 points?

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
If you are holding PGWP you still need a LMIA to support your PR Applications because the Canadian Labour Market wants to make sure the employer has make every effort to recruit Canadians before hiring a foreign worker. However, if you have a PGWP it is easier for your employer to obtain a LMIA as well (unless they have recently changed the rules).

When I was on PGWP and needed an extension to my work permit my employer has to apply for what used to be called a positive LMO (Labour Market Opinion). Back then, if the LMO was for a previous PGWP holder then the employer does NOT require to show efforts in recruiting Canadians. Unless this rule has been changed, I'd suggest every PGWP holders who is interested in obtaining PR to request their employer to apply for a LMIA. It is a tedious process but give enough reasons to your employers and show them that the process is well worth it.

However, if you are job is not a skilled job then you most likely won't be getting a positive LMIA, which means it is time for you to look for a new job that is skilled (NOC O, A or B levels) because even with CEC program you still need skilled job experience, not just any experience.

Good Luck.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
This LMIA requirement for PGWP holders will f**k things up a bit as it would be kind of mess for employers in order to provide proof that what efforts they made to recruit Canadians and PRs and some empolyers might not be ready to apply for LMIA just to keep themsleves away from this mess and it will lead PGWP holders to lose their status in Canada after expiring their valid work permits. I think CIC and ESDC should revise LMIA application procedure and requirements combinely for PGWP holders (or any others who are currently LMIA exempt) who are already in jobs for a year or more to make it a bit easier for both employees and employers.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
se7en said:
This LMIA requirement for PGWP holders will f**k things up a bit as it would be kind of mess for employers in order to provide proof that what efforts they made to recruit Canadians and PRs and some empolyers might not be ready to apply for LMIA just to keep themsleves away from this mess and it will lead PGWP holders to lose their status in Canada after expiring their valid work permits. I think CIC and ESDC should revise LMIA application procedure and requirements combinely for PGWP holders (or any others who are currently LMIA exempt) who are already in jobs for a year or more to make it a bit easier for both employees and employers.
If that is the case then PGWP holders will need to apply for PR through the traditional CEC program, just not the EE version.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
ngelsa said:
If that is the case then PGWP holders will need to apply for PR through the traditional CEC program, just not the EE version.
There will not be a traditional CEC program after January 1st, 2015

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
Phil89 said:
There will not be a traditional CEC program after January 1st, 2015
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't notice that they are moving it to EE. For some reason I kept thinking they will keep the old CEC while adding EE on top of it.

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
ngelsa said:
When I was on PGWP and needed an extension to my work permit my employer has to apply for what used to be called a positive LMO (Labour Market Opinion). Back then, if the LMO was for a previous PGWP holder then the employer does NOT require to show efforts in recruiting Canadians. Unless this rule has been changed, I'd suggest every PGWP holders who is interested in obtaining PR to request their employer to apply for a LMIA. It is a tedious process but give enough reasons to your employers and show them that the process is well worth it.
This rule has changed as well. A LMIA is required for extension of work permit.

amro375

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
tiffany123 said:
18882422100 if you are located in north america
Thansk for the phone.
When I call them it is asking for my application number. I don't have one. I only have UCI?
What should I do? Anyone with the right sequence as to how to get the agent?

amro375

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
I just called CIC to enquire about my FSW application but was told by the agent that they cannot give me any information because FSW is out of their scope, I will need to send email to CIC in nova scotia :eek:
Any thoughts?

nessjo

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
se7en said:
Hi se7en, I am a PNP as well as an employer that have applied for work permits for my employees and I find it a bit disturbing that you are saying that this will f***k things up for employers, that it will be a mess to prove that they tried to hire a Canadian. If they did indeed try to hire a Canadian, this is not a mess. You will just show them the records of your job posting on WorkBC and the Canadian applications that you got. If they did indeed NOT actually try at all to hire a Canadian, then there will be a mess trying to prove that they did. This is probably exactly what CIC wants.