Med's Done....
20 July2012
Passport Req..
6 Mar2013
VISA ISSUED...
Visa and PP: LOST
LANDED..........
13 May2013
I got it on my gmcs notes. I saw this officer # has been putting notes on my application.

cvd222 said:
Wow, where did you get the officer number???

McGill

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
McGill said:
Hi guys, I need your help. I am June 2011 aaplicant under the QSW stream. Today, I received the following e-mail from CPP-Ottawa in reply to my e-mail which I send a week ago. Please read the following e-mail and till how long it will take to do the background checks:

Dear XXXX:
The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and criminality.
Background checks or further investigation are necessary in relation with the processing of your and / or your spouse's application. Therefore, the time needed for the processing of this application has fallen outside the timeframe set out in the AOR letter.
Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.
Our office will contact you and / or your spouse as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.
Delays in the processing of visa applications are always frustrating to all concerned.
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.
Regards,

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote - Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada

McGill

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Hi Edmontonbound, what do you think this is normal for all applicants or this is special background checks just for me. As I can see at the start of the e-mail it says "The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and criminality".
So, is it normail for all PR applicants or its kind of special BCs.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
McGill said:
Hi Edmontonbound, what do you think this is normal for all applicants or this is special background checks just for me. As I can see at the start of the e-mail it says "The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and criminality".
Not really all would undergo. But some may have to.
I have come across a particular case here in the US. A person whose security checks took unusually a long time (1 year) to be cleared. He inquired about the delay. The homeland security personnel said additional checks were required because of a name match in the criminal database. I guess the point I'm trying to make here is there could various reason why a background check could be delayed.
Some of the reasons could be a potential similarity with a known criminal, a family member in a govt. organization, mismatch in your background declaration form, a random selection for through background checks etc.
However, I doubt anyone can tell what exactly is done.

lonereed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
McGill said:
Hi guys, I need your help. I am June 2011 aaplicant under the QSW stream. Today, I received the following e-mail from CPP-Ottawa in reply to my e-mail which I send a week ago. Please read the following e-mail and till how long it will take to do the background checks:

Dear XXXX:
The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and criminality.
Background checks or further investigation are necessary in relation with the processing of your and / or your spouse's application. Therefore, the time needed for the processing of this application has fallen outside the timeframe set out in the AOR letter.
Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.
Our office will contact you and / or your spouse as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.
Delays in the processing of visa applications are always frustrating to all concerned.
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.
Regards,

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote - Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
WTF is cpp-o doing! this is such nonsense.
another aug 2012 applicant got ppr but those who applied way earlier havent got their files touched yet.
they are giving such lame excuses!
anyways, at least you got a reply from them in which they took the trouble to explain it.

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
McGill said:
I suggest order GCMS notes. It may give you some information regarding your case.

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
I suppose this week Post Sept-2011 wont hear anything about their applications.
As for Pre-Sept 2011 applicants many of my friends(also pre-Sept 2011) reported to have got PPR or
updates. Its proving to be great week for Pre-Sept 2011 applicants.

I just hope next week will be ours.

na1234

Nov 28, 2012
newbie1982 said:
I suppose this week Post Sept-2011 wont hear anything about their applications.
As for Pre-Sept 2011 applicants many of my friends(also pre-Sept 2011) reported to have got PPR or
updates. Its proving to be great week for Pre-Sept 2011 applicants.

I just hope next week will be ours.
i hope what u r saying is true, because i am still waiting. feb2011

maddyaujla

Feb 28, 2013
Hello friends,
My file is in Ottawa. ECAS shows that your file was received on Aug 2011. And medical results have been received. It shows same thing from 15 months.
I was asked to do re medical last week but by delhi office. I sent it and delhi office received it today.
I want to ask that is this the last step for receiving PPR. Or I have to wait. If wait then how much?
Can anyone help please?

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
maddyaujla said:
Hello friends,
My file is in Ottawa. ECAS shows that your file was received on Aug 2011. And medical results have been received. It shows same thing from 15 months.
I was asked to do re medical last week but by delhi office. I sent it and delhi office received it today.
I want to ask that is this the last step for receiving PPR. Or I have to wait. If wait then how much?
Can anyone help please?
I don't know if this helps but, there is no yard stick to measure, its all case by case basis. Patience is all u need right now and the only thing to hold on to.

KY2CA

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 27 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 20 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 22 2013
Hello All,

Please help clarify the below for me:
I am CSQ approved, FSW PR applicant. I have received a PPR and currently the passports are with Ottawa. my question is:
1) Do I need to do the landing through Quebec only? or it can be done through other port of entry (Buffalo) since I am in US, Toronto is closer to me. I intend to do landing via road only.
2) If am traveling to Toronto will my PR get activated at Toronto or Do I still need to drive to Quebec for PR activation?
3) Is the interview process in Quebec (for documents + goods) in French/English or both?

thanks for your help.

buffalo2ottawa

Jan 17, 2013
Hi guys i also got 2nd medical exam request which i got it done and the results reached ottawa on 11th Feb 2013 ...but this is the reply i got from CPP Ottawa after enquiring about my current status.

"The medical results were received by the Medical branch as it appears in our system. We are now waiting for the results of your exam to be entered in the system before providing you with further instructions."

What should i expect from this reply. Anybody knows how long will it take to enter the results. I am depressed because it already has been so long, I am Jan 2011 applicant. Any help will be appreciated. thanks

na1234

Nov 28, 2012
buffalo2ottawa said:
Hi guys i also got 2nd medical exam request which i got it done and the results reached ottawa on 11th Feb 2013 ...but this is the reply i got from CPP Ottawa after enquiring about my current status.

"The medical results were received by the Medical branch as it appears in our system. We are now waiting for the results of your exam to be entered in the system before providing you with further instructions."

What should i expect from this reply. Anybody knows how long will it take to enter the results. I am depressed because it already has been so long, I am Jan 2011 applicant. Any help will be appreciated. thanks
Man give it about 2 weeks and you should be done. You shouldn't be depressed at least your file moved, I applied in feb2011 and still no update at all.

nega

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo----> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
buffalo2ottawa said:

Hi,
How did you find out that they have received your medical exam?
Does anybody know that how long does it take for them to process the medical exam in their new medical system?
thanks.