+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

des

Sep 29, 2012
sharuu said:
Its a good news actually.. they have just requested an extension for your medicals. If not, I would suggest requesting GCMS in November and it should show on that. By then a new due date might have also been given so all in all a positive sign!
Thanks Sharuu,

Here what they said:

"We are currently seeking to extend your medical results. This request has been made to our Health Services department in Ottawa. When we receive a response we will contact you."

Do you have any estimates on the number of days/months that this extension adds to the timeline (due date)? My current due date is October 31st, 2012 (18 months of waiting).

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
des said:
Thanks Sharuu,

Here what they said:

"We are currently seeking to extend your medical results. This request has been made to our Health Services department in Ottawa. When we receive a response we will contact you."

Do you have any estimates on the number of days/months that this extension adds to the timeline (due date)? My current due date is October 31st, 2012 (18 months of waiting).
I know of 2 people who got their medicals extended. One was for 3 months and one was for 1 year. It depends upon where they are with finalising your case. How much time you get extended shouldnt be a worry to you, as its because of the transfer that the file got delayed. You should be actually happy :)

Can you post your timeline and when your file got transferred? Did Ottawa send you this email?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
I think you should hear something from them in November. Try getting a GCMS in november to see any progress. LA Office is pretty quick to work with!! Good Luck..

des

Sep 29, 2012
sharuu said:
I know of 2 people who got their medicals extended. One was for 3 months and one was for 1 year. It depends upon where they are with finalising your case. How much time you get extended shouldnt be a worry to you, as its because of the transfer that the file got delayed. You should be actually happy :)

Can you post your timeline and when your file got transferred? Did Ottawa send you this email?
Thank you so much for your very optimistic advise, Sharuu.

des

Sep 29, 2012
sharuu said:
I think you should hear something from them in November. Try getting a GCMS in november to see any progress. LA Office is pretty quick to work with!! Good Luck..
Thank you so much, Sharuu.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
des said:
Thank you so much for your very optimistic advise, Sharuu.
No Problem, bud! Anything I can do to help..

Tracy22k

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Hello All,

I am thinking of applying for a visiting visa for my husband to come visit me here in Canada. I miss him so much and my work would not allow me to travel now as its a new position which, i do not want to miss. What are the chances of obtaining this visa since i already have a PR application ongoing for myself and him?

I am July 2011 applicant and file got transfered July, this year from Buffallo. Med's done October last year and no one has heard anything since then.

Any idea, thoughts and suggestion is welcomed. Someone also mentioned i could get an open work permit for him on my post graduation work permit. Possible?

Thanks
Tracy

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Tracy22k said:
Hello All,

I am thinking of applying for a visiting visa for my husband to come visit me here in Canada. I miss him so much and my work would not allow me to travel now as its a new position which, i do not want to miss. What are the chances of obtaining this visa since i already have a PR application ongoing for myself and him?

I am July 2011 applicant and file got transfered July, this year from Buffallo. Med's done October last year and no one has heard anything since then.

Any idea, thoughts and suggestion is welcomed. Someone also mentioned i could get an open work permit for him on my post graduation work permit. Possible?

Thanks
Tracy
July transfers have received PPR, some May transfers have also received PPR. Its not that they arent issuing it, but the process is slow as expected. As far as the timeline goes, it isnt a reasonable guess at this point, unfortunately!

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
July transfers have received PPR, some May transfers have also received PPR. Its not that they arent issuing it, but the process is slow as expected. As far as the timeline goes, it isnt a reasonable guess at this point, unfortunately!
CPP-Ottawa processing is extremely slow now. Unless they are processing PNP with priority, I don't see much hope. At this point a yes/no would be a great relief for me. Don't want to wait another year.I used to think inland application processing is fast :(.

Canadian immigration processing is completely changed and unpredictable this year. Not sure what happened. Looks like conservative govt wants to turn the system upside down. May be this is a show off, the system is not showing any efficiency rather adding more delays and anxieties to the applicants.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
CPP-Ottawa processing is extremely slow now. Unless they are processing PNP with priority, I don't see much hope. At this point a yes/no would be a great relief for me. Don't want to wait another year.I used to think inland application processing is fast :(.

Canadian immigration processing is completely changed and unpredictable this year. Not sure what happened. Looks like conservative govt wants to turn the system upside down.
I am in the same boat as yourself.. there is nothing we can do than wait! I know its tough but just hang in there. There are a lot of applicants like us, just be strong and you shall see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

Getting GCMS soon?

Monties

Oct 19, 2012
When we get instruction to send our Passports, will it be in the post or by e-mail? Does anyone know? Had to update our address on the ECAS and it took a long time....just worried that they might have send something and because the address was not updated we missed it. Phoned CIC to ask if they could check but told me to contact Ott-pilot.......got no return e-mail and it has been 2 months now.

Monties

Oct 19, 2012
Has anyone else noticed, if you follow the link that was posted it ends up that you see the backgrounder:action plan for faster immigration, where they explain how they changed the system for faster processing of FSW applicants......in the criteria list there is an option to check the 38 occupations listed........open that and they say the FSW applications have stopped and will be started again in early 2013, could that be causing the delay?

julie143

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Sharru - can you please help me. My pnp file was transferred to seattle in March 2012 and my medicals expire in jan. So, Can they extend my medical up to one year or 3 months? I applied for alberta pnp in may 2011. My GCMS notes show that i have passed everything. I have been away from my husband since, last feb because of this immigration issue and honestly if its going to take another year then i need to plan something. Any help would be great!

cr2008

Oct 9, 2012
Tracy22k said:
Hello All,

Thanks
Tracy
Hi! I think your husband could easily obtain a visitor visa. My husband is here in a work permit and our children and myself came to Canada because of that permit. I also have an open work permit.

I hope you can reunite with your husband soon. God Bless You!

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
cr2008 said:
Hi! I think your husband could easily obtain a visitor visa. My husband is here in a work permit and our children and myself came to Canada because of that permit. I also have an open work permit.

I hope you can reunite with your husband soon. God Bless You!
tracy.. getting visitor visa actually depends on the visa officer in your case... as you know they generally dont encourage spouse entering canada as visitor if they can enter as PR...there is no harm in applying though...but when you apply make sure you specify the exact travel dates or itinerary..also did you inform CIC about your marriage? where is your husbands Pr file in progress? if your husband also had applied for PR then explain your situation in a brief letter to CIC so that they cnosider your visitor visa application... if you applied as single and havent informed CIC about status change then please inform the status change at the earliest...