+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

vico

May 30, 2012
a response from MP:

"Your file was transferred to Ottawa on July 12, 2012. Criminality verification is still pending. The current processing time in Ottawa is 12 months from date of receipt of the file in Ottawa."

so it means that we will hear something on july 2013 since the current processing time is 12 months.. :eek: this entire process is really disappointing.

Sharuu..just want to ask if they will extend the medical,i assume that they will do since the transfer got the file delayed.. is it for the main applicant only which is my husband or for both of us. i mean my husband is an inland applicant but we still not together, me and my son is still in our home country.. i am thinking that me and my son will redo the medical or if it says extended.. we are also part of the extension??? :-[

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
vico said:
a response from MP:

"Your file was transferred to Ottawa on July 12, 2012. Criminality verification is still pending. The current processing time in Ottawa is 12 months from date of receipt of the file in Ottawa."

so it means that we will hear something on july 2013 since the current processing time is 12 months.. :eek: this entire process is really disappointing.

Sharuu..just want to ask if they will extend the medical,i assume that they will do since the transfer got the file delayed.. is it for the main applicant only which is my husband or for both of us. i mean my husband is an inland applicant but we still not together, me and my son is still in our home country.. i am thinking that me and my son will redo the medical or if it says extended.. we are also part of the extension??? :-[
The whole point of medical extension is that if expiry of medical is the only reason of not issuing PPR then the medicals will be extended. I think you shouldnt worry about medicals as everyone will have their medicals expired at point or another. 12 months is a fair bit of time and it shouldnt take that long to be quite honest. Keep fingers crossed and hope for the best!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
vico said:
a response from MP:

Just realized the transfer date was July 12th, most applicants were transferred on July 7th. It probably means you are behind the queue with them - not good news I know! Try getting GCMS in the next while or so to get an idea about your file..

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
jonmonc said:
Wow those are some scary numbers in there...

Cases CPP Ottawa was handling as on July 2012 = 6200 + 2000 approx (Buffalo transfers)
That is nearly 8000 applications!

Now if we assume that each file take 15 months to reach decision made .That is the time from when Ottawa receives the file to when it transfers it to Detriot VO(most likely). 15 months is what Ottawa currently claims based on historic data. However, it doesn't account for the increase in applications over the years or the feed coming in from the erstwhile Buffalo office etc...

So we are talking about 8000/65 = 123 cases a week.

Now that means Ottawa should currently be delivering approx 123 PPR emails (both accepts and rejects) a week. On a good week we hear 5 cases of PPRs. Again many don't report or aren't aware of any online forums. But we are talking about guys who are in the US or Canada and have access to internet etc. In my opinion, a 1:25 ratio of guys who report on the forum and those who don't is highly unlikely.

My thought is that they aren't processing out anywhere close to 120 PPRs a week. Perhaps 60 or even less? Which doubles our processing time from 15 months to 30 months. What do you guys think? These numbers are scary!!!
Where did you get this number from? Someone posted 35 000 applications a while ago. I dont know which is correct? There are family class, FSW CEC, PNP a lot of categories to work with. 8000 might just be with PNP. Also remember, a PNP applicant sometimes applies with spouse or further family so 1 applicant = needs 3-4 background checks thus increasing the timeline.

Do I know the timeline, No! But, 15 months are needed if nothing has been done at all about your case, if your eligibility and background checks have been completed it takes much less time and only PPR needs to be issued! Those people should start hearing from Ottawa in the next few months..

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Hello,
I am Gaurav. Presently i am working as mechanical design engineer with one of mining equipment manufacturer in Sudbury, Ontario. My employer had received positive LMO 4 months ago for position in which i am working & on the basis of it i was issued a work permit about one month ago. I just wanted to know if i am allowed to apply for PR under PNP category for the same position. My employer is willing to apply for pre screen application form for that position. I have also heard that PNP category is subjected to annual cap of 500 applications per year & mechanical design engineer (NOC:2132) are not eligible to apply under PNP category in ontario. Could you please let me know if those constraints applies to me? Thanks very much in anticipation of your reply.
Thanks,
Gaurav

Raga10

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally I got my passport back today, the visa valid for 11 month. My medical expired 14 Sep 12. So they extended my medical for a year I believe.
I hope all of you get the ppr before the end of this month.

Thanks,

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
Good for you. congradulations.

Were you also a July transfer? :)

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
Raga10 said:
Finally I got my passport back today, the visa valid for 11 month. My medical expired 14 Sep 12. So they extended my medical for a year I believe.
I hope all of you get the ppr before the end of this month.

Thanks,
Hey Raga10 I see that you received ur PPR almost 2 months ago.
And u got the passport back yesterday. Wow that is late.
When did u send your passport in mail. And which VO did you send the
passports to.
Thx Bye!!!

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
newbie1982 said:
Hey Raga10 I see that you received ur PPR almost 2 months ago.
And u got the passport back yesterday. Wow that is late.
When did u send your passport in mail. And which VO did you send the
passports to.
Thx Bye!!!
Did you pay your RPRF with your passport or with initial app?

julie143

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
I have another question, would it make any sense if i closed my pnp file and got my husband to sponser me since he is a canadian citizen. Or is it better just to wait? Been waiting 17 months now.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
Looks like no PPRs today as well. What are these people doing at CPP-O? I strongly doubt now that all the files are hold and that they have reached a quota or something. It's baffling to see almost no PPRs at all in the last month or so, when we are talking about backlogs in thousands.

chanselay

Star Member
Feb 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo moved Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Feb.2012
AOR Received.
June 28, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS in process - medical done Aug.2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
Edmontonbound said:
Looks like no PPRs today as well. What are these people doing at CPP-O? I strongly doubt now that all the files are hold and that they have reached a quota or something. It's baffling to see almost no PPRs at all in the last month or so, when we are talking about backlogs in thousands.
It's taking too long....My additional dependent payment will expire on December 27 still outstanding.

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
sharuu said:
Where did you get this number from? Someone posted 35 000 applications a while ago. I dont know which is correct? There are family class, FSW CEC, PNP a lot of categories to work with. 8000 might just be with PNP. Also remember, a PNP applicant sometimes applies with spouse or further family so 1 applicant = needs 3-4 background checks thus increasing the timeline.

Do I know the timeline, No! But, 15 months are needed if nothing has been done at all about your case, if your eligibility and background checks have been completed it takes much less time and only PPR needs to be issued! Those people should start hearing from Ottawa in the next few months..
Hi Sharu,

Its all there in the excel sheet (check the link posted couple of tabs back). I have considered cases and not persons. The data sheet also reveals that for every one case filed there are on average 2.5 persons assosiated. Anyways all this math is not going to chnage our fate... :)

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
vico said:
a response from MP:

I got the same response for my MP’s office couple of months back and I thought I would hear soon. I enquired again this week and digging in deep it appears that the fingerprint report (so called criminality check) that I sent three months back never got recorded in their database and that’s what the wait is for. So try (if you can) to get more info, perhaps even through GCMS notes. You don’t want to be stuck due to miscommunication. My 2 cents!