19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
lepatissier07 said:
interesting... scary though.....the number has/had 6, even 7 digits...
Wow those are some scary numbers in there…

Cases CPP Ottawa was handling as on July 2012 = 6200 + 2000 approx (Buffalo transfers)
That is nearly 8000 applications!

Now if we assume that each file take 15 months to reach decision made .That is the time from when Ottawa receives the file to when it transfers it to Detriot VO(most likely). 15 months is what Ottawa currently claims based on historic data. However, it doesn’t account for the increase in applications over the years or the feed coming in from the erstwhile Buffalo office etc…

So we are talking about 8000/65 = 123 cases a week.

Now that means Ottawa should currently be delivering approx 123 PPR emails (both accepts and rejects) a week. On a good week we hear 5 cases of PPRs. Again many don’t report or aren’t aware of any online forums. But we are talking about guys who are in the US or Canada and have access to internet etc. In my opinion, a 1:25 ratio of guys who report on the forum and those who don’t is highly unlikely.

My thought is that they aren’t processing out anywhere close to 120 PPRs a week. Perhaps 60 or even less? Which doubles our processing time from 15 months to 30 months. What do you guys think? These numbers are scary!!!

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
lots of calculations recently.
What happened

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
jonmonc said:
Wow those are some scary numbers in there...

Cases CPP Ottawa was handling as on July 2012 = 6200 + 2000 approx (Buffalo transfers)

Now if we assume that each file take 15 months to reach decision made .That is the time from when Ottawa receives the file to when it transfers it to Detriot VO(most likely). 15 months is what Ottawa currently claims based on historic data. However, it doesn't account for the increase in applications over the years or the feed coming in from the erstwhile Buffalo office etc...

Now that means Ottawa should currently be delivering approx 123 PPR emails (both accepts and rejects) a week. On a good week we hear 5 cases of PPRs. Again many don't report or aren't aware of any online forums. But we are talking about guys who are in the US or Canada and have access to internet etc. In my opinion, a 1:25 ratio of guys who report on the forum and those who don't is highly unlikely.

My thought is that they aren't processing out anywhere close to 120 PPRs a week. Perhaps 60 or even less? Which doubles our processing time from 15 months to 30 months. What do you guys think? These numbers are scary!!!
Hi, how do you know 2000 approx files have been transferred from buffalo? Could you pls point out the source of information. From CIC open database we know the numbers Ottawa is handling as of July 6. Which spreadsheet has the database on transfer files?

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
curt_cobain said:
Hi, how do you know 2000 approx files have been transferred from buffalo? Could you pls point out the source of information. From CIC open database we know the numbers Ottawa is handling as of July 6. Which spreadsheet has the database on transfer files?
The same spread sheet under Buffalo RPC... I am assuming that these files as on July 2012 were still to be integrated/transferred to Ottawa. I think its a valid assumption.

masteros

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Nomination.....
15-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
12-04-2012
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012
Interview........
without enterview
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
jonmonc said:
Wow those are some scary numbers in there...

Now if we assume that each file take 15 months to reach decision made .That is the time from when Ottawa receives the file to when it transfers it to Detriot VO(most likely). 15 months is what Ottawa currently claims based on historic data. However, it doesn't account for the increase in applications over the years or the feed coming in from the erstwhile Buffalo office etc...

Now that means Ottawa should currently be delivering approx 123 PPR emails (both accepts and rejects) a week. On a good week we hear 5 cases of PPRs. Again many don't report or aren't aware of any online forums. But we are talking about guys who are in the US or Canada and have access to internet etc. In my opinion, a 1:25 ratio of guys who report on the forum and those who don't is highly unlikely.

My thought is that they aren't processing out anywhere close to 120 PPRs a week. Perhaps 60 or even less? Which doubles our processing time from 15 months to 30 months. What do you guys think? These numbers are scary!!!
its very interesting all your calculations , i think that you're right , they dont process the applications like the way it was before buffalo shut down

roysingh

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Please see my timeline below. My wife is a Canadian Citizen and I am a naturalized American Citizen born in India. On 10/17/2012 after many weeks with generic message from CIC. I got the response below. The first part is generic but the second part is more specific.

Thank you for your enquiry. I verified your application and the file was transferred to
this office following the closure of Buffalo. We ask for your understanding that we are
now working through a large number of files which have been transferred at the same
time.

You should hear from an agent within the next two months.

Time line of Events for Application Dates
Appication Received 10/27/2011
Medical Completed 10/24/2011
Approved Part 1 1/13/2012
Requested additional information 2/17/2012
Back UP information sent 2/23/2012
Fingerprint check requested thru RCMP 3/12/2012
Fingerprint check Mailed to RCMP 4/4/2012
Results sent by RCMP to Canadian Consulate for finger prints 5/11/2012
Notification via email that case was transferred to Ottawa 6/22/2012
Ottawa help desk email states file was transffered and is working thru a large number of files at same time 9/17/2012

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
julie143 said:
Sharru - can you please help me. My pnp file was transferred to seattle in March 2012 and my medicals expire in jan. So, Can they extend my medical up to one year or 3 months? I applied for alberta pnp in may 2011. My GCMS notes show that i have passed everything. I have been away from my husband since, last feb because of this immigration issue and honestly if its going to take another year then i need to plan something. Any help would be great!
It depends upon them uptil when will they be able to extend it. It depends upon by when they expect your case to be finalised. You shouldnt worry about that part.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
For some unknown reason I received GCMS today printed off on Oct 19th. This is the most recent update I have which is good as I know where the file is heading. After file got received at Ottawa it got updated on sep 13th - 1 year from when I did it and it says Expired. It seems its an automated function and will automatically do that. A VO has yet to see my file since then. The file hasnt been looked at and its been 4 months now. I dont expect anything this year now.

For those getting GCMS nearby, if your medicals have been expired just watch if the updated date is 1 year from when you did medicals. If not and the updated date is after that date then VO has actually looked at your file.. Disappointing but thats what it is..

On a brighter note, its supposed to snow 15 cms tonight "YaY"

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
Are you possibly in northern territories? :p

Haha...
CIC is a big Just for Laugh show. They have been pretty good in it so far.

I think the worst part is having absoultly no idea about what is going on there.
We could handle couple of months easier, if we were told to wait for a certain period of time.

Good luck for you man, you deserve a great Xmass present. Hope they realize the issue! :)

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
For some unknown reason I received GCMS today printed off on Oct 19th. This is the most recent update I have which is good as I know where the file is heading. After file got received at Ottawa it got updated on sep 13th - 1 year from when I did it and it says Expired. It seems its an automated function and will automatically do that. A VO has yet to see my file since then. The file hasnt been looked at and its been 4 months now. I dont expect anything this year now.

For those getting GCMS nearby, if your medicals have been expired just watch if the updated date is 1 year from when you did medicals. If not and the updated date is after that date then VO has actually looked at your file.. Disappointing but thats what it is..

On a brighter note, its supposed to snow 15 cms tonight "YaY"
When did apply for GCMS?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
hmdlsd said:
Are you possibly in northern territories? :p

Haha...
CIC is a big Just for Laugh show. They have been pretty good in it so far.

I think the worst part is having absoultly no idea about what is going on there.
We could handle couple of months easier, if we were told to wait for a certain period of time.

Good luck for you man, you deserve a great Xmass present. Hope they realize the issue! :)
How did you know where I was from? :eek: :p

Yeah man, its just the not knowing part what causes all this dilemma.. Whats cooking at your end?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
When did apply for GCMS?
It just came out of the blue.. Wasnt expecting it!

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
It just came out of the blue.. Wasnt expecting it!
Its been more than 30 days I have applied for it and haven't got it yet. That's why I wanted to know when you applied. I have sent the earlier filled up form, hope that shouldn't be the reason for not issuing.Thanks.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Its been more than 30 days I have applied for it and haven't got it yet. That's why I wanted to know when you applied. I have sent the earlier filled up form, hope that shouldn't be the reason for not issuing.Thanks.
Which date did you send it? I would recommend emailing them and asking when are your notes due?