July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Congrats Sharuu on your 1000 posts and being the champion member :).
haha yeah thanks bud!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
ohms said:
Hi Sharuu,
I noticed that my timeline is exactly as yours.
I applied /application was received on Feb, 2011
I received AOR email in Sept 2011
I did medicals in Sept 2011
E-cas became in process in Feb 2012
I received an email in March 2012 confirming that I don't need an interview and that my application is complete; also the email requested that I pay RPRF in case I haven't done so (I already paid in Feb 2011)

This was the last thing. I applied for GCMS in June 2012. A lot of weird stuff in there that confused me more than it actually helped, and I don't see anything that indicates that there was transfer of file from Buffalo to Ottawa. (maybe because I applied for the GCMS in June before that famous transfer date of July that you guys are talking about??)

So now I have no idea what to do.. I crossed the 18 months line already. The GCMS notes show that medical, eligibility are “passed”.. the only thing that is “in process” is criminality (i'm guessing this should be done by now since it was last updated in oct 2011, and the notes in GCMS show that RCMP finalized their check).

Any feedback/advice/comments/anything you might have on my case would be highly appreciated.
I think you should get another GCMS Notes. The trend I have seen is that, 2months from the date your file was received at Ottawa, VO will review your case. If all documents are fine, it will give you another due date, typically 1 month from that date. So, in short 3 months from the time your file was received at Ottawa you should be hearing something!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
seulkiro said:
I had the same experience when I got mine about a month ago. Pretty much every status was blank where my wife's name appears. So I searched the forum and found out that they wouldn't disclose the info other than the main applicant due to the privacy law or something.

So I ordered another GCMS which I should get in a week. This time I submitted IMM5475E as well for my wife's status. Having said that I'm not entirely sure that this would disclose my wife's status just because I haven't got it yet. I will find out in few days. I don't know if anyone here tried with IMM5475E. You can wait until I get my GCMS before you request another one. I will post if I get my wife's status this time. :)

BTW, if you look at GCMS request form (IMM5563E), it is noted in the first page under Section A- Details of Request for requesting the info for another individual. And you can find IMM5475E from the following link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf
I think just wait a week and see if seulkiro gets details about his wife in the GCMS. If he does, you know the answer.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
yasmin01 said:
Hi,

I applied under PNP on 17th June,2011, my husband is my dependent. We did our Medical on September 24,2011. The online status shows medical results received, that's been on there the last 10 months. I just got GCMS note (which was created on 23rd July,2012) that says my file got transferred to VO Ottawa on 7th July, 2012. My medical status is passed, criminality in progress, but my husbands status is blank, neither medical nor criminality has anything. Is my status his status too as I'm the principal applicant? So much information in the GCMS note, it's getting my confused. One more thing, I think I read in some posts here that the GCMS note shows group or batch number from which you can figure out something about the completion date, can anyone tell me where to look for that on GCMS note? Thank you very much

Yasmin
The Group Name should be in the first or the second page, thats where you can find those details. It basically represents if you are within a particular batch. If nothing is there, then your file has yet to be reviewed and your ECAS should be app received at this point.

Under Notes, what is the second last comment made by the VO. I believe the last comment would be of transferring the file?

yasmin01

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Thank you very much for all your information. My file got transferred on 7th July. Under Due dates, it is shown as 2012/08/30. So does it mean, I should be hearing from them soon after 30th August?

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
yasmin01 said:
Thank you very much for all your information. My file got transferred on 7th July. Under Due dates, it is shown as 2012/08/30. So does it mean, I should be hearing from them soon after 30th August?
why not?

vetopower

Aug 21, 2012
I just wanted to ask if a due date in GCMS note is august 23, 2012. does that mean one will hear something that date?

Any input will be appreciated

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
Agostini81 said:
Hi guys how did you know that ours files were transferred to Ottawa at July 17th?
mine does not show anything.
As a general rule, if you are new here, and you want to have your questions answered, you, as you may know, need to tell us who you are and what is your timeline as detailed as you can.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
yasmin01 said:
That means they have initiated some activity on your file and they will get some update on the activity by 30th August, if the activity is completed you may be informed (if the activity is last thing remains on your file) else they will put another due date one the file.

you should ask for GCMS after August 30th (or email), this way you will exactly know what activity they have started and what was its status on August 30th.

You can also try to email Ottawa now, they will respond you within two weeks.

Hope it helps.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
seulkiro said:
I had the same experience when I got mine about a month ago. Pretty much every status was blank where my wife's name appears. So I searched the forum and found out that they wouldn't disclose the info other than the main applicant due to the privacy law or something.

So I ordered another GCMS which I should get in a week. This time I submitted IMM5475E as well for my wife's status. Having said that I'm not entirely sure that this would disclose my wife's status just because I haven't got it yet. I will find out in few days. I don't know if anyone here tried with IMM5475E. You can wait until I get my GCMS before you request another one. I will post if I get my wife's status this time. :)

BTW, if you look at GCMS request form (IMM5563E), it is noted in the first page under Section A- Details of Request for requesting the info for another individual. And you can find IMM5475E from the following link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf
You should attach consent letter from your wife with the application form. When i applied first time for GCMS, all info related to my wife was hidden, i then another GCMS with consent letter ( a plain letter in which your wife consent to share information related to her with you) and in next GCMS i was able to see her information.

Hope it helps.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
yasmin01 said:
Hi,

I applied under PNP on 17th June,2011, my husband is my dependent. We did our Medical on September 24,2011. The online status shows medical results received, that's been on there the last 10 months. I just got GCMS note (which was created on 23rd July,2012) that says my file got transferred to VO Ottawa on 7th July, 2012. My medical status is passed, criminality in progress, but my husbands status is blank, neither medical nor criminality has anything. Is my status his status too as I'm the principal applicant? So much information in the GCMS note, it's getting my confused. One more thing, I think I read in some posts here that the GCMS note shows group or batch number from which you can figure out something about the completion date, can anyone tell me where to look for that on GCMS note? Thank you very much

Yasmin
You should attach consent letter from your husband with the form and you will be able to see his info in next GCMS. Trust me they are not good in hiding dependant information in GCMS, they leave some dots of charachters in status and due date field, try to fill those puzzles if you are curious to know about his status... if some activities has been passed for you then it is most likely been passed for your husband too. Now they are doing the criminal check of your file, whats its due date?

yasmin01

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
shaikhaffi said:
You should attach consent letter from your husband with the form and you will be able to see his info in next GCMS. Trust me they are not good in hiding dependant information in GCMS, they leave some dots of charachters in status and due date field, try to fill those puzzles if you are curious to know about his status... if some activities has been passed for you then it is most likely been passed for your husband too. Now they are doing the criminal check of your file, whats its due date?
My criminality status is "In Progress" and the due date is 2012/08/30. In its sub-activity, the RCMP screening status is "No reportable trace" and it's validity date is 2012/08/30. The status for eligibility and admissibility are "Not Started" but their due date is 2012/08/30. What should I make out from all these information?

dothk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-28-2011
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2011
Passport Req..
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2012
LANDED..........
01-09-2012
Hi guys, I got some great news to share, after waiting for almost 18 months, I got an email from the Ottawa today!!! yah!!! They are requesting the RPRF. I will have to send my passport to Detroit!

Btw, my ECAS status is still application received. So, the ecas is very unreliable.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
dothk said:
Hi guys, I got some great news to share, after waiting for almost 18 months, I got an email from the Ottawa today!!! yah!!! They are requesting the RPRF. I will have to send my passport to Detroit!

Btw, my ECAS status is still application received. So, the ecas is very unreliable.
Many congrats dothk. I believe we are seeing the first ppr for the transferred cases in this thread (or from Ottawa). Is it possible for you to share the e-mail if no personal information is attached? When was your file transferred to Ottawa?