July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
suduko said:
Hi sharuu, this really makes me feel bad about this whole process. This shows that no queue is followed and these tricks.of.contacting mp are used by the applicants to gain unfair advantage. I am not saying these applicants did something wrong, its just that they were forced.to use.this.option due to huge delay in processing.

As an ordinary applicant, this.doesnt make sense to me at all. Everyone pays a fee and a standard procedure must be applied to every applicant. CIC must do better than that.
Not everything in life is fair :)

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
fallen_hero said:
Hi all,

My AOR (medical inquiry) is Oct 26, 2011. Does this mean I may get a PPR by end of October 2012. I am marrying in Dec this year, and would like to include my spouse to my application. If I get PR, I cannot do so. Is there a way I can delay the PR (yea sounds idiotic)? cuz sponsoring spouse after PR is a much lengthy process (about 2.5 years) from my home country.

I was wondering if I could get my wife on TRV here, and once here can I apply for her work permit or PR based on my PR, so that she could stay with me while her app is in process. If her TRV expires and her PR is in process does she have to leave Canada?

Any thoughts concerning this would be helpful. thanks.
Please dont go by the 1 year from AOR deadline..it is just a deadline. If you applied in Oct 2011, I hope you get it but looking at the norm it seems that they are processing feb/march 2011 applicants. It depends when your file got transferred and where is it in the queue. One thing also to remember is that there are a lot of holidays in december so it shouldnt exactly be counted as a working month!

pommyg

Aug 27, 2012
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo transferred Ottawa 18-6-2012
NOC Code......
Current Status = Decision Made 19 Sep 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2012
Doc's Request.
BC PNP
AOR Received.
18-06-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012 ECAS updated 30-7-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
30-10-203
suduko said:
hi pommyg,

welcome to the thread.

In process appears when your checks are completed and visa officer is assigned to your file. It is i ntheory one step closer to get the PPR however thats not always true. people with status similar to yours get PPR as well quite often.

You are lucky that your file is in CPP-Ottawa from beginning. I think you should hear something in 10 months from AOR. best of luck
Thanks Suduko

seulkiro

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 MAY 2011
Nomination.....
09 FEB 2011
AOR Received.
23 SEP 2011
File Transfer...
07 JUL 2012 - Ottawa
Med's Request
23 SEP 2011
Med's Done....
03 OCT 2011
suduko said:
Hi sharuu, this really makes me feel bad about this whole process. This shows that no queue is followed and these tricks.of.contacting mp are used by the applicants to gain unfair advantage. I am not saying these applicants did something wrong, its just that they were forced.to use.this.option due to huge delay in processing.

As an ordinary applicant, this.doesnt make sense to me at all. Everyone pays a fee and a standard procedure must be applied to every applicant. CIC must do better than that.
They may have just happened to get PPR after contacting their MP. I don't know. But from what I've seen here, it seems that they have no principle of processing applications whatsoever.

fallen_hero

Aug 23, 2012
sharuu said:
Please dont go by the 1 year from AOR deadline..it is just a deadline. If you applied in Oct 2011, I hope you get it but looking at the norm it seems that they are processing feb/march 2011 applicants. It depends when your file got transferred and where is it in the queue. One thing also to remember is that there are a lot of holidays in december so it shouldnt exactly be counted as a working month!
Actually my application was received in May 2011. My file was moved to CPP-Ottawa on 7th July 2012 that's what I got from MP, but he said it is not assigned to any immigration officer.

My concern at the moment is not PR, but a quicker way to get my spouse here. My PR would delay her PR. An open work permit would be faster for her based on my post grad work permit. So, the ultimate question is: Can I get a hold on my PR application? Thanks

noopurswadas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
Got my second GCMS this morning. It's pretty much the same as the first one except that it shows now my file was transferred to Ottawa on July 7th 2012 in note and paper file history sections.

Also, this time it shows my wife's information as well. I guess having submitted IMM5475E paid off.

Other than that nothing has changed for the last month.

Under assessments it shows:

Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed

And my due date is Sep 22nd, 2012.

What is the due date for? What does it mean?

noopurswadas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
noopurswadas said:
Got my second GCMS this morning. It's pretty much the same as the first one except that it shows now my file was transferred to Ottawa on July 7th 2012 in note and paper file history sections.

Also, this time it shows my wife's information as well. I guess having submitted IMM5475E paid off.

what is the duedate for what does it mean!?

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
suduko said:

Contacting MP is a litigate option (not a trick) for the applicants who have delay in their processing (crossing their normal processing time). And its not getting unfair advantage, its asking of their right. I am sure if someone is well within the processing time, he/she will not get benefited out of this. If someone is waiting for 17/18 months I think its good to contact the MP office. If the applications got stuck in background check there is nothing they can do. But if the applications are left in idle state for a long period of time inquiring to MP should help.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
noopurswadas said:

What is the due date for? What does it mean?
This is the date when VO will look into your case next.

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
curt_cobain said:
Contacting MP is a litigate option (not a trick) for the applicants who have delay in their processing (crossing their normal processing time). And its not getting unfair advantage, its asking of their right. I am sure if someone is well within the processing time, he/she will not get benefited out of this. If someone is waiting for 17/18 months I think its good to contact the MP office. If the applications got stuck in background check there is nothing they can do. But if the applications are left in idle state for a long period of time inquiring to MP should help.
thats my point as well....why the applications are left in an idle state? it is not rocket science really to keep track of applications.

this whole contacting MP, sending email, etc triggers show that as an applicant I am not sure whats going on with my file till processing time completes and then I have t bug CIC to get the PR. where is that written on CIC website.

anyways...its the system which we have to respect and follow.

good luk to every one 8)

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
suduko said:
thats my point as well....why the applications are left in an idle state? it is not rocket science really to keep track of applications.

this whole contacting MP, sending email, etc triggers show that as an applicant I am not sure whats going on with my file till processing time completes and then I have t bug CIC to get the PR. where is that written on CIC website.

anyways...its the system which we have to respect and follow.

good luk to every one 8)
At least you have done your Medicals and waiting for PPR. look at my timeline. I have not heard any thing from them after I sent my application. after bugging many times they sent me my file number.
I have permanent job in Canada and paying taxes and still there is something that is stopping them to process.

the only way to know that is either CAIPS notes or contacting local MP.

Syed

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
syed_h_sha said:
At least you have done your Medicals and waiting for PPR. look at my timeline. I have not heard any thing from them after I sent my application. after bugging many times they sent me my file number.
I have permanent job in Canada and paying taxes and still there is something that is stopping them to process.

the only way to know that is either CAIPS notes or contacting local MP.

Syed
Syed,
App. Filed.......: May 2nd 2011

You filed application on May 2, 2011, and you told us you have not got AOR/MR? How can it be possible? Did you request GCMS? Did your money order/check cashed out? ...... :eek:

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
bkd1969 said:
Syed,
App. Filed.......: May 2nd 2011

You filed application on May 2, 2011, and you told us you have not got AOR/MR? How can it be possible? Did you request GCMS? Did your money order/check cashed out? ...... :eek:
Yes that is true. as soon as I got my CSQ I submitted my application with Police certificate to Buffalo. I did not got any mail or ack from them. when I contacted them by mail they sent a reply saying that it takes about 34 weeks to open a file. and even after 34 weeks they did not sent me any updates. when I contacted them again then they send me a file number , that is it. nothing from then to so far.

in mean time this Buffalo closed and now I even do not know where my application is. Ottawa does not reply to my mail at all.

I applied for CAPIS notes . hopeful I will be getting that with a week or two.
is GCMS is different that CAIPS? if so can you send me the link how to apply for the same.

when I sent my application I sent money using postal order. I have not verified that if that is en-cashed or not.
if that is not encased they application would have returned back.

and recently I contacted local MP...and waiting for their response too..

I am thinking that my application is suck at background check. that could be because of my name :(

Syed

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
syed_h_sha said:
Yes that is true. as soon as I got my CSQ I submitted my application with Police certificate to Buffalo. I did not got any mail or ack from them. when I contacted them by mail they sent a reply saying that it takes about 34 weeks to open a file. and even after 34 weeks they did not sent me any updates. when I contacted them again then they send me a file number , that is it. nothing from then to so far.

in mean time this Buffalo closed and now I even do not know where my application is. Ottawa does not reply to my mail at all.

I applied for CAPIS notes . hopeful I will be getting that with a week or two.
is GCMS is different that CAIPS? if so can you send me the link how to apply for the same.

when I sent my application I sent money using postal order. I have not verified that if that is en-cashed or not.
if that is not encased they application would have returned back.

and recently I contacted local MP...and waiting for their response too..

I am thinking that my application is suck at background check. that could be because of my name :(

Syed
what is in your ECAS? Application received or nothing? No CAIPS anymore, only GCMS now.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
bkd1969 said:
what is in your ECAS? Application received or nothing? No CAIPS anymore, only GCMS now.
it says application received on Mya 2nd 2011.
what is the form to apply GCMS ?

Syed