+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
syed_h_sha said:
it says application received on Mya 2nd 2011.
what is the form to apply GCMS ?

Syed

here is my previous post:

1. google GCMS and you will get a lot of information; check it out:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp

2. Down load the form at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

3, fill out, print out, sign it, date it, scan it, attach it and email to the address indicated at the bottom of the form.

4. it takes 30-40 days to get it back with email.

If you are not in Canada, you can NOT apply by yourself. I am in the US, I have to authorize a Canadian person to represent myself. So, I need to fill out one more form, IMM5475E, available atwww.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5475e.pdf, and $5.00 fee which can be online at:https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.

Your representative needs to include copy of his identity to show he is eligible to represent you, i.e., he is CA citizen or CA PR, plus copy of fee payment receipt, your authorization form signed by yourself, and request form signed by your representative. Put/merger them all in one pdf file and email out.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
bkd1969 said:
here is my previous post:

1. google GCMS and you will get a lot of information; check it out:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp

2. Down load the form at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

3, fill out, print out, sign it, date it, scan it, attach it and email to the address indicated at the bottom of the form.

4. it takes 30-40 days to get it back with email.

If you are not in Canada, you can NOT apply by yourself. I am in the US, I have to authorize a Canadian person to represent myself. So, I need to fill out one more form, IMM5475E, available atwww.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5475e.pdf, and $5.00 fee which can be online at:https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.

Your representative needs to include copy of his identity to show he is eligible to represent you, i.e., he is CA citizen or CA PR, plus copy of fee payment receipt, your authorization form signed by yourself, and request form signed by your representative. Put/merger them all in one pdf file and email out.
Ok, that is the form I filled and send to the email. I am in Canada.
i found these details in http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

I sent the mail with subject line as request for CAPIS notes . I hope that should not be an issue..

regards
Syed

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
Any new PPR(s) from Ottawa? Come on guys. We need to keep the ball rolling. Today's a Teusday again. It means we are one more week closer to the PPR! :p

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
syed_h_sha said:
At least you have done your Medicals and waiting for PPR. look at my timeline. I have not heard any thing from them after I sent my application. after bugging many times they sent me my file number.
I have permanent job in Canada and paying taxes and still there is something that is stopping them to process.

the only way to know that is either CAIPS notes or contacting local MP.

Syed
If you are in Canada it should be GCMS notes, not sure about CAIPS though.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
Edmontonbound said:
Any new PPR(s) from Ottawa? Come on guys. We need to keep the ball rolling. Today's a Teusday again. It means we are one more week closer to the PPR! :p
I thought there would be some more PPR from Ottawa today, not a good sign. There is one PPR from Seattle, not sure if CIC follow any certain day for PPR dispatch.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
goozook said:
Hi guys,

I also want to share my timeline:

Category: PNP
Visa Office: Buffalo
App. Filed: 21 January 2011
AOR Received: 22 July 2011
File Transfer: 7 July 2012 to Ottawa
Med's Request: August 2011
Med's Done: August 2011

My ecas status says my case is in progress and that they have started processing Feb 27th 2012.

Buffalo asked for a letter of reference from my employer on March 2nd.

GCMS note from Jul 15th, 2012:
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
Criminality: In progress
Medical: Passed

Criminality check status updated on 2011/7/22, and the due date is 2012/7/22. Medical expiration date: 2012/8/10.

19 months and counting...
Hello Goozok, have you ever asked for GCMS? looks like they are doinng additional background checks on your file? if you don't mind can you tell us your country of origin? because it plays vital role in deciding whether or not the additional BG checks are required.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
ohms said:
yes my e-cas is in process since february... I agree on the nationality point
what's weird in my case is that I received an email in March saying that they have finished the initial assessment, and they dont expect an interview. they also asked for RPRF payment... has anyone received a similar email?
it all boils down to that buffalo transfer. we 2011 applicants are just not lucky. 2012 applicants are already getting their PPR's
I got an email from Buffalo in October 2011, unfortunately i lost the letter because we were moving at that time. All I remeber is the letter askd for PPRF, may be you are right the letter also had said about the initial assesment. The problem my friend is, after the medical passed they look into your case (this is where the status changes to "In process") and decides whether or not the additional background check is required. In my case they decided in December 2011 that my file has to go through additional BG checks but unfortunately they didn't touch my file and my file was waiting to be transfered to Ottawa since december 2011. Finally it get transfered in May 2012 (which only happened because i contacted them) and Ottawa opened up my file in July 2012 and now they have sent my file for additional BG checks. That means they waisted 7 months doing nothing on my file...

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
shaikhaffi said:
I got an email from Buffalo in October 2011, unfortunately i lost the letter because we were moving at that time. All I remeber is the letter askd for PPRF, may be you are right the letter also had said about the initial assesment. The problem my friend is, after the medical passed they look into your case (this is where the status changes to "In process") and decides whether or not the additional background check is required. In my case they decided in December 2011 that my file has to go through additional BG checks but unfortunately they didn't touch my file and my file was waiting to be transfered to Ottawa since december 2011. Finally it get transfered in May 2012 (which only happened because i contacted them) and Ottawa opened up my file in July 2012 and now they have sent my file for additional BG checks. That means they waisted 7 months doing nothing on my file...
Hi, how does anyone know from GCMS if CIC is doing/will do additional background checks? How do you go the information quoted "they decided in December 2011 that my file has to go through additional BG checks"?

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
ohms said:
very close to my timeline goozook. it seemed last week that they are working now on Jul/Aug/Sept AOR's.
if that's the case then you hopefully should be hearing something soon
Well folks,

I don't agree they go in AOR order at all, Ottawa is going by cases in order it was received from buffalo, they have started working on May transfer files in second week of july (i guess) and since most of the files which were transfered to Ottawa was because of security checks (for instance my file was suppose to transfer to Ottawa in December 2011 because of additional BG checks but that transfer actually happened in May 2012) therefore ottawa has started their security checks and putting new due dates on their fiels. And files which were transfered to Ottawa because of Buffalo close down, majority of files were ready (or final review was pending) for PPR therefor they have started issueing PPRs. Therefor it looks like they are working on July/Aug/Sept AOR's however its not but rather they are working on files in the order they received from buffalo.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
curt_cobain said:
Hi, how does anyone know from GCMS if CIC is doing/will do additional background checks?
Nope they don't share that stuff in GCMS either, all they share is its status. GCMS doesn't say if they have requested or will be requesting additional BG checks.. You can get such info by approaching your local MP.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
Curious_city said:
I went to the MP's office in my city, and I was told that the processing times shown on cic website are from the date of AOR. In that case yours is about 13months
while mine is 12months. Still there is a great level of waiting and anxiety!!
Good to know..

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
sharuu said:
According to the website it says, the timeline is when they receive your complete application!
Thats also true but we all know they don't touch our files immediately when they receive it (other than extracting bank draft or money order from the application).. The start opening up the application based on their specific order so technically they haven't received our application until AOR... just a thought :)

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
suduko said:
Hi sharuu, this really makes me feel bad about this whole process. This shows that no queue is followed and these tricks.of.contacting mp are used by the applicants to gain unfair advantage. I am not saying these applicants did something wrong, its just that they were forced.to use.this.option due to huge delay in processing.

As an ordinary applicant, this.doesnt make sense to me at all. Everyone pays a fee and a standard procedure must be applied to every applicant. CIC must do better than that.
Well its not like that Suduko, some files which were transfered from Buffalo to Ottawa were ready for PPR but because Ottawa is too busy dealing with other files so they might didn't get a chance to look at those files, when MP's office asked ottawa for status of such files then Ottawa looked at the files and they noticed they are ready for PPR so they issued the PPR. Peopple who got PPR last week (PNP) if they have approached their MP in mid or late july they would have get PPR immediately because their files were ready for PPR.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
suduko said:
thats my point as well....why the applications are left in an idle state? it is not rocket science really to keep track of applications.

this whole contacting MP, sending email, etc triggers show that as an applicant I am not sure whats going on with my file till processing time completes and then I have t bug CIC to get the PR. where is that written on CIC website.

anyways...its the system which we have to respect and follow.

good luk to every one 8)
The answer for all such question is, Canadian Immigration Process is not robust, somehow because of last couple of year's changes in rules and policies has messed up their existing process and that's why some files beome idle and unnoticable..

ohms

Jun 20, 2012
shaikhaffi said:
Well its not like that Suduko, some files which were transfered from Buffalo to Ottawa were ready for PPR but because Ottawa is too busy dealing with other files so they might didn't get a chance to look at those files, when MP's office asked ottawa for status of such files then Ottawa looked at the files and they noticed they are ready for PPR so they issued the PPR. Peopple who got PPR last week (PNP) if they have approached their MP in mid or late july they would have get PPR immediately because their files were ready for PPR.
Hi guys,
how long does it take for the MP to get back to you with status update? is it also 1 month similar to the GCMS time?