December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
dothk said:
It will be expired next month.

Sorry ,what is COPR?
Confirmation of PR.. when you get passport copies back these should be included. I wonder if I should contact Ottawa or just wait?

dothk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-28-2011
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2011
Passport Req..
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2012
LANDED..........
01-09-2012
shaikhaffi said:
Is your PNP under Job offer stream? i mean either Foreign Student with Job Offer or Foreign worker with Job offer??
It is the International graduate stream.

I graduated from the University here in 2009 and have been working for the same company since then.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
dothk said:
It is the International graduate stream.
You mean masters program right!! that's why they didn't ask for Employer letter.

dothk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-28-2011
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2011
Passport Req..
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2012
LANDED..........
01-09-2012
shaikhaffi said:
You mean masters program right!! that's why they didn't ask for Employer letter.
Sorry shaikhaffi, I think I misunderstood your question. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Canada, not a master degree.

I first applied the AINP back in July 2010. That was when I submitted all the paperwork, along with the letter of employment to Edmonton. Is that what you mean by Employer letter? :)

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
dothk said:
Sorry shaikhaffi, I think I misunderstood your question. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Canada, not a master degree.

I first applied the AINP back in July 2010. That was when I submitted all the paperwork, along with the letter of employment to Edmonton. Is that what you mean by Employer letter? :)
If the PNP is dependant on job offer, CIC usually asks for proof of employment when they request PPR. Does your PNP certificate mentions the name of employer?? if yes then your PNP nomination was based on job offer and if that is the case then its very good news CIC didn't ask for proof of employment when they requested PPR. Usually they ask for it to make sure that you are still working with same employer and you haven't switched your job while PR in process..

dothk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-28-2011
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2011
Passport Req..
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2012
LANDED..........
01-09-2012
shaikhaffi said:
If the PNP is dependant on job offer, CIC usually asks for proof of employment when they request PPR. Does your PNP certificate mentions the name of employer?? if yes then your PNP nomination was based on job offer and if that is the case then its very good news CIC didn't ask for proof of employment when they requested PPR. Usually they ask for it to make sure that you are still working with same employer and you haven't switched your job while PR in process..
Yes, my company name was on the first page of the PNP certificate.

I guess it may have something to do with my work permit renewal. I had it renewed not too long ago. I uploaded my most updated letter of employment along with my other doc, like marriage certificate, medical exam receipts, passport ...etc.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
dothk said:
Yes, my company name was on the first page of the PNP certificate.

I guess it may have something to do with my work permit renewal. I had it renewed not too long ago. I uploaded my most updated letter of employment along with my other doc, like marriage certificate, medical exam receipts, passport ...etc.
Its very encouraging and looks like they(CIC) don't ask for proof of employment when requesting PPR, in past they used to ask for the certificate and nominees has to stay with the company until they get PR.

Can you please also share the subject of PPR request email?

Thanks.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
Folks who got PPR today, can you please share the subject of PPR request email.

Thanks

dothk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-28-2011
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2011
Passport Req..
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2012
LANDED..........
01-09-2012
shaikhaffi said:
Its very encouraging and looks like they(CIC) don't ask for proof of employment when requesting PPR, in past they used to ask for the certificate and nominees has to stay with the company until they get PR.

Thanks.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. Our records indicate that we have not received payment for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED AT THE CANADIAN CONSULATE GENERAL IN DETROIT (USA). IF YOU STILL HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AFTER REVIEWING ALL THE STEPS IN THIS LETTER, YOU MAY CONTACT THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF CANADA IN DETROIT BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE.

1. Did your family composition change since our last correspondence?
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
If any of these conditions apply, your new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before permanent resident visas can be issued. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

In the event that you do have additional dependants to add to or remove from your application, you should immediately advise the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (“CPP-O”). You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Do not undertake any other steps until CPP-O indicates that you can proceed with the rest of these instructions.

If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed below.

2. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Every principal applicant and his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner are required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the amount of 490 Canadian or American dollars. The RPRF is a separate fee that must be paid in addition to the processing fees that you have already paid.

If you have not already paid the RPRF, it must be submitted in the form of a money order, certified cheque or bank draft payable to the “Canadian Consulate General”. Please write your application number on the back of the certified cheque, money order or bank draft. The RPRF will be refunded if for any reason you do not immigrate to Canada.

3. Passport(s)
If you are a citizen of a country that is required to obtain a visa to visit Canada, you are required to submit your original passport and the original passport of any accompanying family member. If you are a citizen from a country that is exempted to obtain a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you are only required to send a copy of your passport and of the passport of any accompanying family member.

To find out if you are visa-exempt or not under Regulation 190, consult this CIC webpage.

We require a VALID passport for you and for every accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well. Please note that Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

4. Photographs

You must submit two (2) recent passport-sized photographs of yourself and of each accompanying family member that meet the requirements stated on this webpage.

you must also specify on an additional piece of paper your height and eye colour and the height and eye colour of every accompanying family member.

5. Visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) Validity

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) and pay the RPRF as soon as possible, if you have not already done so. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

6. Send your documents to the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit
Your passport(s) and your RPRF payment (if not already paid) must be submitted within the next 30 days to the Consulate General of Canada in Detroit.

Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.
To find out how to send your documents to Detroit, click the following link and read the mailing instructions.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

student3000

Feb 26, 2012
dothk said:
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. Our records indicate that we have not received payment for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED AT THE CANADIAN CONSULATE GENERAL IN DETROIT (USA). IF YOU STILL HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AFTER REVIEWING ALL THE STEPS IN THIS LETTER, YOU MAY CONTACT THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF CANADA IN DETROIT BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE.

1. Did your family composition change since our last correspondence?
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
If any of these conditions apply, your new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before permanent resident visas can be issued. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

In the event that you do have additional dependants to add to or remove from your application, you should immediately advise the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (“CPP-O”). You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Do not undertake any other steps until CPP-O indicates that you can proceed with the rest of these instructions.

If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed below.

2. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Every principal applicant and his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner are required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the amount of 490 Canadian or American dollars. The RPRF is a separate fee that must be paid in addition to the processing fees that you have already paid.

If you have not already paid the RPRF, it must be submitted in the form of a money order, certified cheque or bank draft payable to the “Canadian Consulate General”. Please write your application number on the back of the certified cheque, money order or bank draft. The RPRF will be refunded if for any reason you do not immigrate to Canada.

3. Passport(s)
If you are a citizen of a country that is required to obtain a visa to visit Canada, you are required to submit your original passport and the original passport of any accompanying family member. If you are a citizen from a country that is exempted to obtain a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you are only required to send a copy of your passport and of the passport of any accompanying family member.

To find out if you are visa-exempt or not under Regulation 190, consult this CIC webpage.

We require a VALID passport for you and for every accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well. Please note that Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

4. Photographs

You must submit two (2) recent passport-sized photographs of yourself and of each accompanying family member that meet the requirements stated on this webpage.

you must also specify on an additional piece of paper your height and eye colour and the height and eye colour of every accompanying family member.

5. Visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) Validity

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) and pay the RPRF as soon as possible, if you have not already done so. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

6. Send your documents to the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit
Your passport(s) and your RPRF payment (if not already paid) must be submitted within the next 30 days to the Consulate General of Canada in Detroit.

Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.
To find out how to send your documents to Detroit, click the following link and read the mailing instructions.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Congrats dothk..my friend (Applied in march 2011) got similar request from Detroit for passport request last week.
He and I were wondering how long(on average) does it take for Detroit to issue the PPR visa on the passport? Also, is each consulate different i.e wrt the time it takes to issue the PPR visa???

Did you already mail your documents?

My friend mailed his stuff via Canada post's Xpress-Post to the address in Windsor. Does mailing to Windsor (as opposed to Detroit)really slow down the issuance of PPR?

I`m keeping fingers crossed for the outcome as well

student3000

Feb 26, 2012
shaikhaffi said:

Thanks.
Hey Shaikhaffi
Which province did you get the nomination from?

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
student3000 said:
Hey Shaikhaffi
Which province did you get the nomination from?
Ontario.

dothk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-28-2011
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2011
Passport Req..
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2012
LANDED..........
01-09-2012
student3000 said:
Congrats dothk..my friend (Applied in march 2011) got similar request from Detroit for passport request last week.
He and I were wondering how long(on average) does it take for Detroit to issue the PPR visa on the passport? Also, is each consulate different i.e wrt the time it takes to issue the PPR visa???

Did you already mail your documents?

My friend mailed his stuff via Canada post's Xpress-Post to the address in Windsor. Does mailing to Windsor (as opposed to Detroit)really slow down the issuance of PPR?

I`m keeping fingers crossed for the outcome as well
Thank you student3000! I am going to send it today. I am going to submit everything to Windsor instead of Detroit. It may take couple days more I guess.

mybadluck

Aug 22, 2012
Hello everyone, i am new to this website, i am one of those applicants whose files were transferred from buffalo to ottawa, my application was received at buffalo on 27 june, 2011, medicals done on 15 october, 2011. I applied for gcms notes on 29th july,2012 and waiting for them to come. I have no idea where my file is, never got any e-mail from buffalo or ottawa. I have seen many people here on this forum who applied in feb/march/april are still waiting, i dont know when my time is gonnna come, anyways i congratulate all those applicants who have just received passport requests from Ottawa, you guys deserve it. I am happy for you guys. I will update once i get my gcms notes. Thanks