+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
Pls check out the facebook link.

https://www.facebook.com/LesOubliesDeBuffaloEnAction

Lots of 2011 applicants are getting PPR. Its just a matter of time now.

Thanks

na1234

Nov 28, 2012
Applied in Feb 2011,
Did medical on Sept 1st 2011, (Although the email was dated to Aug 25, 2011)
Went in process in November 2011.

And I have been waiting ever since, that is a lot of time for a person to stay under stress.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
na1234 said:
Applied in Feb 2011,

And I have been waiting ever since, that is a lot of time for a person to stay under stress.
welcome to the forum Pal. I would be much happier if you had told me that you received a PPR. but no worries you are in the right place. I guess I have been waiting even more than you and I know at least one person who has been waiting even more than me.
Have you ever asked for your GCMS notes?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
nima514 said:
welcome to the forum Pal. I would be much happier if you had told me that you received a PPR. but no worries you are in the right place. I guess I have been waiting even more than you and I know at least one person who has been waiting even more than me.
Have you ever asked for your GCMS notes?
The flow of PPR has begun ... just wait for your turn

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
MM_Sask said:
Passport request arrived today :) (Detroit)

MM_Sask

PS It appears that at least two of us received a reply beforehand saying Case is well advanced... Medicals extended... expect to hear in several weeks. Finalize in several months So CIC seem to be doing well of late. At least I am in a mood to say congrats to them !

Will still update this forum when I receive GCMS

ECAS still only says
Application Received
We received your application for permanent residence on June 3, 2011.
Medical results have been received.
Are you planning to land at North Portal or INLAND?

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
na1234 said:
And I am a Quebec applicant BTW, never ordered GCMS notes.
I applied for notes for the first and only time 27th Nov. Still awaiting reply, but the requirement under the privacy act is 30 Days - so nothing wrong there.

Cannot comment on the results. However I found page 16 of this forum most helpful. Should help you if you decide to go that route.

Fortunately for my case everything will be outdated by the time they come :), But that is how it goes.

Another option is that since cpp-o have now published a timeline (11 months) that gives you the ability to write to them if you are over that limit. (It does not necessarily give them the obligation to write back.).

For my case the follwing is a brief synopsis. ECAS never updated. No contact except request for medical. Wrote about a minor update and re-assurance beginning/middle of Nov 2012. Requested gcms through privacy act end of Nov 2012 (thinking I would receive no reply to my e-mail). Then received reply to my earlier e-mail beginning Dec...... Now I do not know if the e-mail pushed things forward or not - it may have done. The gcms certainly had no effect in either speeding or slowing the application. It's purpose (as I see it) is to identify any major error that can be fixed - it has no predictive value.

Hope that helps na1234. I feel the frustration. Good luck

MM_Sask

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
na1234 said:
Applied in Feb 2011,

In the other thread its mentioned they are trying to finalise QSW cases by feb 2013.. As I said before by March most of us would have gotten their PPR!

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
Hi Everyone,

What a great thread full of supportive comments and useful information - I wish I would have found it long before I did. It's too bad we have been brought into contact through such a difficult and unfair situation, however it really does help to pull together and share ideas, cic feedback (as scarce as it is), and encouragement to stay optimistic (we are not alone!). It is very promising to see PPRs finally being issued for early 2011 applicants after such a looooooong period of silence, congratulations to everyone who has received their PPR to date and sharing your results.

I am a PNP April 2011 submission to Buffalo, Meds Oct 2011 (only correspondence from cic), July transfer to CPP-O, no PPR yet... still playing the waiting game.

Let's keep up the positive support and hopefully we'll all get PPRs within the next few weeks/months.

Thanks and cheers.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
RWilco said:
Hi Everyone,

What a great thread full of supportive comments and useful information - I wish I would have found it long before I did. It's too bad we have been brought into contact through such a difficult and unfair situation, however it really does help to pull together and share ideas, cic feedback (as scarce as it is), and encouragement to stay optimistic (we are not alone!). It is very promising to see PPRs finally being issued for early 2011 applicants after such a looooooong period of silence, congratulations to everyone who has received their PPR to date and sharing your results.

I am a PNP April 2011 submission to Buffalo, Meds Oct 2011 (only correspondence from cic), July transfer to CPP-O, no PPR yet... still playing the waiting game.

Let's keep up the positive support and hopefully we'll all get PPRs within the next few weeks/months.

Thanks and cheers.
Welcome to thread buddy.. I hope you get PPR soon :)

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
Welcome Abroad.
Hopefully, we have a seat available, since boss is just about to leave the plane

;D

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Hi all,

I have been following this thread, and it gives me so much hope reading the wonderful discussions you guys have here :)

I am a July 2011 applicant from US (QSW) and I 've been waiting for more than 16 months now. During this waiting time, I applied and got admitted to do my Ph.D at University of Montreal (for winter 2013), so I send Ottawa an E-mail enquiring about my application status with change of address and details of my Phd admission (I moved to Montreal in November).

Does anyone think it will affect my PR processing, since I will be starting my PhD as a student? I hope they won't ask me to re-apply after two years of my Phd studies!!! Should I worry??
PS: I passed my medicals, and visa office is Ottawa. File got transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa in July 2012.

PS: I am not able to receive PMs in my inbox. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot :)

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Got a reply from Ottawa. So quick! I read it a 100 times and can't tell anything from it. Any ideas or opinions guys? Thanks.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your phone numbers and address were updated. Please note that your spouse’s contact information remains unchanged; if you would like their information updated as well, please make a request to this office.

Your file was transferred to this office following the closure of Buffalo. We ask for your understanding that we are now working through a large number of files which have been transferred at the same time.

Due to the high volume of correspondence received, we are unable to provide status update. The officer responsible for your file will contact you if any action is required from you.

A passport request will be made by the officer responsible for your file at a later date if your application is approved.

Regards,

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
biochemgal09 said:
Got a reply from Ottawa. So quick! I read it a 100 times and can't tell anything from it. Any ideas or opinions guys? Thanks.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your phone numbers and address were updated. Please note that your spouse's contact information remains unchanged; if you would like their information updated as well, please make a request to this office.

Your file was transferred to this office following the closure of Buffalo. We ask for your understanding that we are now working through a large number of files which have been transferred at the same time.

Due to the high volume of correspondence received, we are unable to provide status update. The officer responsible for your file will contact you if any action is required from you.

A passport request will be made by the officer responsible for your file at a later date if your application is approved.

Regards,
Looks positive to me, at this stage any e-mail response from CPP-O may also bring your file to final review. Happens to others in this forum.

Thanks

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Thanks, Mr cobain for your reply. I feel a bit relieved.