July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
MM_Sask said:
Well to be precice cycled 30% of the way in and pushed the bike the other 70%. :)

However I have since learned that the first thing that gets cleared is the Meewasin Valley Trail (Walking : Cycling) evenbefore the roads get cleared. so I can cycle all the way now. There is a lesson for us to learn here. Different pockets and departments - so yes I agree thet requesting GCMS notes (bike trail) comes from a different pot of resources so won't slow down our PR process (road clkearing).

MM_Sask
haha.. y not take a bus? Its pretty snowy nowadays...

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
shaikhaffi said:
Hello essy86,

I have no idea how long this BG check process takes, if you know your file has been sent for BG checks and it has been at least 4 months, you have an option of contacting CSIS. Please follow this link:

trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/family-class/151628827/cic-making-life-miserable

Other folks in this post; sharru, march11 they both claim there file was sent to BG checks (correct me if i am wrong guys), i will really appreciate if both of them come forward and share with us how much time their BG checks took. It will give us all a rough idea.

I hope after BG checks our files will get processed faster.
Thanks for the info & link.

It was sent sometime in October 2012, so it's not 4 months yet. I didn't see a minimum of 4 month requirement for inquiring CSIS anywhere though. I'd rather proceed with my MP anyway...

Dear CIC pathology gurus, Sharru & March11, would you please share your experience regarding BG checks? Did you contact CSIS?

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
essy86 said:
Thanks for the info & link.

It was sent sometime in October 2012, so it's not 4 months yet. I didn't see a minimum of 4 month requirement for inquiring CSIS anywhere though. I'd rather proceed with my MP anyway...

Dear CIC pathology gurus, Sharru & March11, would you please share your experience regarding BG checks? Did you contact CSIS?
for background checks there's no time limit! it depends on every file where you stayed, how long, and why....etc... and depending who has to be contacted to get the required information, and how long it takes them to provide this information to CIC, and that is beyond CIC control....unfortunately! :( sry mate Contacting CIC regarding THIS CAN backfire.

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
lepatissier07 said:
for background checks there's no time limit! it depends on every file where you stayed, how long, and why....etc... and depending who has to be contacted to get the required information, and how long it takes them to provide this information to CIC, and that is beyond CIC control....unfortunately! :( sry mate Contacting CIC regarding THIS CAN backfire.
criminality checks are same background checks? My CAIPs notes saying criminality in process more than 1 year.

tank-boy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
AOR Received.
20-07-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2011
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013 (received 27-05-2013)
LANDED..........
29-05-2013
lepatissier07 said:
How can this backfire exactly? delay in processing?
My Background checks started around May 2012 (or maybe earlier)...Its
been 8 months since then and its still not completed.We really don't have any other choice other than to contact all offices involved in the procedure .

liwei8759

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
xx-06-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Request
23-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
Hi guys good morning!

So I received an email last night at 11:14pm (which is 10:14pm EST wow these agents are working long hours) in response to my inquiry about my application status (fast response)

"Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your email (see below).
Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.
An immigration officer will be in contact with you if any further correspondence is needed.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number. "

Now do you guys think by "your application is in process" they mean my application is actually under review? Like it would mean by "in process" on your ecas status?

Would appreciate any input! Have a great day!

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013
liwei8759 said:
Hi guys good morning!

So I received an email last night at 11:14pm (which is 10:14pm EST wow these agents are working long hours) in response to my inquiry about my application status (fast response)

"Dear Madam / Sir,

Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.
An immigration officer will be in contact with you if any further correspondence is needed.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number. "

Now do you guys think by "your application is in process" they mean my application is actually under review? Like it would mean by "in process" on your ecas status?

this is the standard reply everyone gets .......

liwei8759

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
xx-06-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Request
23-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
duiusa said:
this is the standard reply everyone gets .......
So it doesn't mean they are actually reviewing your file when they say this?

Cuz the last email I received from them back in August they said they were yet to start reviewing my application but an officer would be assigned to it in the following weeks, which was different from this one.

Or did they change the generic email that they send to everyone all together?

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
liwei8759 said:
Hi guys good morning!

"Dear Madam / Sir,

Its generic reply to your case, automatically generated by the program.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
lepatissier07 said:
backfire from CIC or CSIS? in either case i don't agree. Its worth to contact CSIS if your background checks are taking longer that's why they (CSIS) has procedure of contacting them.

RobertB

Dec 6, 2012
I am new to this forum and am shocked as to the amount of people that have been affected by the blundering of Canada immigration. I applied for PR back in October 2010 to the CIC Buffalo under the provincial nominee program in British Columbia where i currently work. At that time the estimated time was 12 months. Now over 2 years I am still waiting. I have had to pay my immigration lawyer more money to keep up with the required information that is requested by CIC Seattle. I am afraid that my self and my wife will have to under go another medical exam as they has expired at this time. My step son has already had to get another exam in Manila. This process has been exhausting and I am about to just give up on it and move back to the U.S. I was wondering has anyone one here tried to seek legal action against Canada immigration?

USSRBOY

Aug 8, 2012
curt_cobain said:
Hi Guys,

I have got the PPR e-mail from CPP-O :). I am a June, 2011 applicant. Thanks for all the helps I got from this forum. Wish everyone will get their PPR soon.

Thanks
My congratulations BUDDY!!! Where You have passport request, to Ottawa or Ditroit?

USSRBOY

Aug 8, 2012
curt_cobain said:
Hi Guys,

I have got the PPR e-mail from CPP-O :). I am a June, 2011 applicant. Thanks for all the helps I got from this forum. Wish everyone will get their PPR soon.

Thanks
if your e-case status has changed ?