Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo , Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Edmontonbound said:
So hardly any PPRs in the first week of December. In the last few months, we saw a few in the 1st week and then hardly any for the rest of the months. Then it may well be that we'll get quite a few in the last few weeks of December ;D.
WITH THE FRENCH FORUM ABOUT 3-4 BETWEEN THE 5TH AND THE 6TH OF DEC

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
hello guys, I need help with some questions. My timeline is on the left under m profile.

First of all, are there people in this forum applying from the USA that have the work permit or visa expiring soon, and still have not heard anything from CIC?

I live and work in the US on work permit and it is about to expired in January and i have not heard anything from CIC on my application yet. Please, advise me what i can do because the work permit i have is not renewable, actually its an OPT (Optional Practical Training) which you received after graduation.
I have written several messages to CIC, but it seems like they are not even checking them. No response.

My question here is, has anybody been in the same situation, or heard of anybody in the same situation that was able to resolve the issue with CIC, and How? Please, i seek desperate answer.
Thanks

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
CEC5 said:
hello guys, I need help with some questions. My timeline is on the left under m profile.

First of all, are there people in this forum applying from the USA that have the work permit or visa expiring soon, and still have not heard anything from CIC?

I live and work in the US on work permit and it is about to expired in January and i have not heard anything from CIC on my application yet. Please, advise me what i can do because the work permit i have is not renewable, actually its an OPT (Optional Practical Training) which you received after graduation.
I have written several messages to CIC, but it seems like they are not even checking them. No response.

My question here is, has anybody been in the same situation, or heard of anybody in the same situation that was able to resolve the issue with CIC, and How? Please, i seek desperate answer.
Thanks
If I were you I would apply for a work permit because I think your CSQ allows you to ask for a WP at the border. I remember people were talking about this in recent weeks.

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
nima514 said:
If I were you I would apply for a work permit because I think your CSQ allows you to ask for a WP at the border. I remember people were talking about this in recent weeks about this issue.
How do I proceed doing so since I am in the USA, at which border can i do this, and do i have to have a job offer and stuff. Thanks again for this quick reply.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
CEC5 said:
How do I proceed doing so since I am in the USA, at which border can i do this, and do i have to have a job offer and stuff. Thanks again for this quick reply.
The nearest border to Quebec. If you need a visa to cross the border then I think you should do more research on this. You have a CSQ you don't need a job offer. You need to settle and find a job in Quebec ONLY.

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
nima514 said:
The nearest border to Quebec. If you need a visa to cross the border then I think you should do more research on this. You have a CSQ you don't need a job offer. You need to settle and find a job in Quebec ONLY.
Ok Thanks for the quick reply once again. I was thinking since my application is already in process, wouldn't it be a problem and all to ask for work permit now? and yea i wld need a visa to cross the border but that s not easy thing

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
CEC5 said:
Ok Thanks for the quick reply once again. I was thinking since my application is already in process, wouldn't it be a problem and all to ask for work permit now? and yea i wld need a visa to cross the border but that s not easy thing
I would send my application for a work permit asap. It shouldn't be a problem to ask for a WP.

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
sharuu said:
haha.. y not take a bus? Its pretty snowy nowadays...
Well it (cycling to work in the snow) teaches calm concentration and perfects a sense of balance - the absolute qualities that are required for this forum.

MM_Sask

“Zen and the (Canadian) art of (winter) bicycle maintenance” (with apologies to Mr. Pirsig)

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
So hardly any PPRs in the first week of December. In the last few months, we saw a few in the 1st week and then hardly any for the rest of the months. Then it may well be that we'll get quite a few in the last few weeks of December .
csqmjj said:
WITH THE FRENCH FORUM ABOUT 3-4 BETWEEN THE 5TH AND THE 6TH OF DEC
I am wondering - can we calculate how many PPR requests we would expect to see each week.

From this forum I hear about 9000 PR applications were transferred. Remember this is only PR applicants transferred from Buffalo, not recent direct applications to CPP-O.
It is expected to take about 1 year from transfer to clear the backlog.
So that gives about 180 per week (assuming all are passed and assuming that we know of everyone on the transfer list)
Difficult to estimate how many active members on this and other boards we are capable of tracking. Let’s say 90 (for easy arithmetic).
So we would expect to see about 2 per week ?
We seem to be doing better than that. So CIC are on track to clear the backlog by June 2013 ?
(This is the whole point of the estimate, to find out if I should be depressed at the number of PPR we see – and we seem to be doing failrly well - eh)
Can anybody update my assumptions with better guesses ?

A second way to estimate the rate of progress is to estimate how many PPR we have seen divided by the number of people in our boat. That should come to about 0.5 as we are half way through the year’s processing time. But there is the problem of self-selecting samples.

MM_Sask

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
I just think it is better to focus on Life and actions we should (could) take.
Numbers don't make me panic. I feel ok with numbers.
If I know there is an officer for my case, that would suit me meantime. However, it seems some cases are not even touched (by whatever reason).

Lets hope for better responses from the officials.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
CEC5 said:

Thanks
You can apply for a work permit and TRV. I did the same thing just recently. However, I don't think you can go to the border to apply for your work permit. I think only US citizens have that privilege. Also, if you're not from a visa exempt country, you have to have a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). Go ahead and apply ASAP. Depending on what side of the Mississippi river you live in the states, you have to send the application package to either L.A or D.C. West of the river shall send to L.A. Hope this helps. Good luck.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Just got GCMS and file hasnt been reviewed since medicals were stated as expired!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Edmontonbound said:
So hardly any PPRs in the first week of December. In the last few months, we saw a few in the 1st week and then hardly any for the rest of the months. Then it may well be that we'll get quite a few in the last few weeks of December ;D.
I do think they are working to get PPRs.. 9000 applicants so lets see how many do we get this month!

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011