04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
sharuu said:
Atleast they looked into my file to see where I am .. ;D lets hope for the best!
Sharuu, dude I'm so sorry you still haven't gotten PPR yet. I really really feel bad for you and I'm sending all my positive vibes towards the immigration people. You've been waiting far too long.

Keep on rockin mate!!!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Fenster said:
Sharuu, dude I'm so sorry you still haven't gotten PPR yet. I really really feel bad for you and I'm sending all my positive vibes towards the immigration people. You've been waiting far too long.

Keep on rockin mate!!!
Dont feel sorry buddy.. I am fine taking one day as it comes :) Hows life at your end? Thanks for the good wishes bud!

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
God has listened to you guys' stories

http://o.canada.com/2012/12/04/buffalo-immigration-backlog-leaves-new-canadians-in-limbo/

OTTAWA — The closure of a visa office in upstate New York last spring has meant extra long delays for thousands of increasingly cash-strapped would-be permanent residents and Canada could risk losing the very immigrants it wants most as a result.International students and foreign workers — young, educated newcomers with so-called Canadian experience, the kind of people Canada’s revamped immigration system is increasingly keen to court — comprise the vast majority of the nearly 10,000 files that were transferred to Ottawa from Buffalo, N.Y.

Some say they have waited as many as two years for their papers while they watched others who applied later get their permanent residency before them. A number of them are now on the hook for expensive new medical tests since their previous ones expired, while others are growing desperate as their savings runs out.

Many self-described “forgotten ones of Buffalo” have even taken to Facebook to voice their concerns and swap status updates.

Alireza Saberi, a 28-year-old McGill University electrical engineering graduate from Iran, is one of the organizers. He estimates he’s among some 4,000 students and recent grads in the Montreal area now in limbo.

“I am jobless and looking to find a job. Just spending my personal savings,” said Saberi, who applied to the federal skilled worker program after receiving the okay from Quebec in December 2011, about a year after he graduated.

He received a post-graduate permit that allows him to work and has applied to hi-tech companies like Cisco Systems and Qualcomm, but each time it’s the same refrain.

“I passed the qualification but it’s the last level of HR where they request you to be a permanent resident at least,” he said. “By default, I was rejected.”

He figures he’s got enough savings to survive another three or four months and isn’t sure what he’ll do if processing takes any longer. Returning home is certainly an option and he knows of others who are already considering it.

It’s the situation Loic Kerbrat now finds himself in. The 29-year-old from France came to Quebec three years ago on a holiday working visa, found a girl and a new calling and would like to stay.

The childcare worker with a degree in nursing, however, has spent the last nine months doing volunteer work, trying not to cut too far into the money he’s saved for a down payment on a house.

He can’t work, pending his permanent residency, and says he’s already decided to return to France in January if there’s still been no movement on his file.

“I followed all of the rules, I did everything I was told to do. Mostly I was disturbed by the lack of information from the government. I just want this to be over” he said.

“I don’t understand how this kind of thing could happen in Canada.”

Canada closed it’s Buffalo visa office in May after announcing foreign students and workers living in Canada would no longer have to leave the country to renew a visa or apply for permanent residency. At the time, about 9,508 permanent residency applications and 700 temporary resident applications were packed up and sent to a new office in Ottawa for processing.

Citizenship and Immigration spokesman Remi Lariviere said the packing started around June and the files were received in Ottawa in July. The files spanned all immigration streams and involved applicants across Canada, though it appears a good number of them involved Quebec skilled workers.

When the office closed, processing times were around 15 months, though Lariviere said new files now received in Ottawa will take only nine months to be finalized. He said the Buffalo backlog should be completed by next summer.

“By centralizing more processing in Canada, particularly for files that are more straightforward and with lower risk, we can be more efficient and create jobs in Canada,” he said.

The opposition has raised the issue on several occasions in the House of Commons over the last few weeks.

In an interview Tuesday, NDP immigration critic Jinny Sims said she suspects overworked, understaffed citizenship officers “just forgot” about the boxes of Buffalo files sitting in the corner as many of them haven’t even received a file number or been assigned a case worker yet which means they’re still in the very early stages of processing.

“It creates a lot of instability. I think my fear is we’re going to have people not trusting their government and beginning to look somewhere else for places to go to and that is a real concern,” she said.

In response to repeated questions in the House of Commons, Immigration Minister Jason Kenney merely noted that the “new central processing office in Ottawa is processing applications more quickly than they were in Buffalo.”

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
TRUONGAN said:
God has listened to you guys' stories

http://o.canada.com/2012/12/04/buffalo-immigration-backlog-leaves-new-canadians-in-limbo/

OTTAWA — The closure of a visa office in upstate New York last spring has meant extra long delays for thousands of increasingly cash-strapped would-be permanent residents and Canada could risk losing the very immigrants it wants most as a result.International students and foreign workers — young, educated newcomers with so-called Canadian experience, the kind of people Canada's revamped immigration system is increasingly keen to court — comprise the vast majority of the nearly 10,000 files that were transferred to Ottawa from Buffalo, N.Y.

Some say they have waited as many as two years for their papers while they watched others who applied later get their permanent residency before them. A number of them are now on the hook for expensive new medical tests since their previous ones expired, while others are growing desperate as their savings runs out.

Many self-described “forgotten ones of Buffalo” have even taken to Facebook to voice their concerns and swap status updates.

Alireza Saberi, a 28-year-old McGill University electrical engineering graduate from Iran, is one of the organizers. He estimates he's among some 4,000 students and recent grads in the Montreal area now in limbo.

“I am jobless and looking to find a job. Just spending my personal savings,” said Saberi, who applied to the federal skilled worker program after receiving the okay from Quebec in December 2011, about a year after he graduated.

He received a post-graduate permit that allows him to work and has applied to hi-tech companies like Cisco Systems and Qualcomm, but each time it's the same refrain.

“I passed the qualification but it's the last level of HR where they request you to be a permanent resident at least,” he said. “By default, I was rejected.”

He figures he's got enough savings to survive another three or four months and isn't sure what he'll do if processing takes any longer. Returning home is certainly an option and he knows of others who are already considering it.

It's the situation Loic Kerbrat now finds himself in. The 29-year-old from France came to Quebec three years ago on a holiday working visa, found a girl and a new calling and would like to stay.

The childcare worker with a degree in nursing, however, has spent the last nine months doing volunteer work, trying not to cut too far into the money he's saved for a down payment on a house.

He can't work, pending his permanent residency, and says he's already decided to return to France in January if there's still been no movement on his file.

“I followed all of the rules, I did everything I was told to do. Mostly I was disturbed by the lack of information from the government. I just want this to be over” he said.

“I don't understand how this kind of thing could happen in Canada.”

Canada closed it's Buffalo visa office in May after announcing foreign students and workers living in Canada would no longer have to leave the country to renew a visa or apply for permanent residency. At the time, about 9,508 permanent residency applications and 700 temporary resident applications were packed up and sent to a new office in Ottawa for processing.

Citizenship and Immigration spokesman Remi Lariviere said the packing started around June and the files were received in Ottawa in July. The files spanned all immigration streams and involved applicants across Canada, though it appears a good number of them involved Quebec skilled workers.

When the office closed, processing times were around 15 months, though Lariviere said new files now received in Ottawa will take only nine months to be finalized. He said the Buffalo backlog should be completed by next summer.

“By centralizing more processing in Canada, particularly for files that are more straightforward and with lower risk, we can be more efficient and create jobs in Canada,” he said.

The opposition has raised the issue on several occasions in the House of Commons over the last few weeks.

In an interview Tuesday, NDP immigration critic Jinny Sims said she suspects overworked, understaffed citizenship officers “just forgot” about the boxes of Buffalo files sitting in the corner as many of them haven't even received a file number or been assigned a case worker yet which means they're still in the very early stages of processing.

“It creates a lot of instability. I think my fear is we're going to have people not trusting their government and beginning to look somewhere else for places to go to and that is a real concern,” she said.

In response to repeated questions in the House of Commons, Immigration Minister Jason Kenney merely noted that the “new central processing office in Ottawa is processing applications more quickly than they were in Buffalo.”
I am furious to read the response of the immigration minister. He could not care less about us. I think we should start planning demonstrations in front of the Kenney's office. This is how students in Quebec [us] got rid of tuition fee hikes. I cannot think of any other way...I am serious about this folks! let me know what you think!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
So, they are saying they should finalise everything by next summer which is about 1 year from the file transfer! Lets hope for the best...

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Its december, should we even expect anymore PPR to come before January? What about the quota?

csqmjj

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo , Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
THE NEW LOOK OF CIC IS ON NOW
HOPE THIS WILL BRING SOME GOOD LUCK FOR US

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
csqmjj said:
THE NEW LOOK OF CIC IS ON NOW
HOPE THIS WILL BRING SOME GOOD LUCK FOR US
I hope so...

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
shaikhaffi said:
Majority of the people who have recently got their PPR, there is one thing common in them, either their medical is not expired or their medical expired very recently (i.e. within 15 to 30 days). Rest of us who didn't get PPR yet, according to my analysis they fall into one of following categories:

1. Officer is not appointed on their files or file is waiting in queue to be reviewed by officer.
2. Their files are sent for BG checks to CSIS (like mine).
3. Officer has finished reviewing the file but since medical is expired they have requested extension to it and now waiting for the response from medical team.

I strongly believe that, buffalo transfered files are not top priority of CPP-O however i do understand central processing centre in sydney NS has significantly reduced the volume of files transfered to CPP-O. Therefore it is obvious, if they get any file from central processing centre sydney, they take it as top priority.
Hi Shaikhaffi,

My application is also in the same group(the security was sent in October). Do you have any idea how long the security might take?

I feel like we may be able to push the case a bit if the security part is done.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
essy86 said:
Hi Shaikhaffi,

My application is also in the same group(the security was sent in October). Do you have any idea how long the security might take?

I feel like we may be able to push the case a bit if the security part is done.
Hello essy86,

I have no idea how long this BG check process takes, if you know your file has been sent for BG checks and it has been at least 4 months, you have an option of contacting CSIS. Please follow this link:

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/family-class/151628827/cic-making-life-miserable

Other folks in this post; sharru, march11 they both claim there file was sent to BG checks (correct me if i am wrong guys), i will really appreciate if both of them come forward and share with us how much time their BG checks took. It will give us all a rough idea.

I hope after BG checks our files will get processed faster.

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
sharuu said:
I hope you are joking about the cycling to work in snow part...
Well to be precice cycled 30% of the way in and pushed the bike the other 70%. :)

However I have since learned that the first thing that gets cleared is the Meewasin Valley Trail (Walking : Cycling) evenbefore the roads get cleared. so I can cycle all the way now. There is a lesson for us to learn here. Different pockets and departments - so yes I agree thet requesting GCMS notes (bike trail) comes from a different pot of resources so won't slow down our PR process (road clkearing).

MM_Sask