+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC, Now reading in Senate

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
globalstar66 said:
I am pretty disgusted by this whole thread.... I too was affected by the changes brought about by Bill C-24, but that's life. Suck it up, we are all here because Canada ACCEPTED us to move here - it was NOT our right to move here, it was a massive PRIVILEGE!!! We could all have still been in the "crappy" places we moved from.... If we all previously lived in "paradise", we would never have wanted to move to Canada, which is most probably a better place to live, compared to where we came from.

Having said that, nobody on here REALLY knows EXACTLY what will happen, and when it will happen - right now, most people on here are trying to be more clever than the next, second guessing everything.

I would much rather the government do immigration PROPERLY, than just rush a bunch of people into the country. Afterall, most of us that moved here permanently, and that were affected by C24 or might benefit from C-6, have PR, just not a passport. So for now, the only difference is we cannot vote - big deal if we have to wait a little longer. I read how a lot of people on here keep on moaning and groaning - as if it's our RIGHT to become Citizens - people, it's a privilege as I already noted.

Heck, a lot of people complaining on here, cannot even spell properly, and some's grammar leaves much to be desired.... You are angry that you're not yet a Citizen - learn to write properly and spell properly before you become so angry for not having a passport. Heck, these forums even spell check FOR you....

Chill Man ..
1) people are expressing themselves for different reasons, obviously they are from different backgrounds and everyone talks from his own perspective and his particular circumstances.... Myself for example..I' m watching TV and wanted to speak my mind right now ..
2) " we are all here before Canada accepted us ".. give me a break and talk about yourself .. there is a major flaw with your logic .someone using his personal abilities, skills , experience and knowledge for a better life in a different land is not a privilege. . it could be a privilege to you not to me and not to many here . No one owns Canada .
3) honestly, the way i look at it is your Canada should thank me , I really mean it .

Yours Faithfully :)

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
globalstar66 said:
I am pretty disgusted by this whole thread.... I too was affected by the changes brought about by Bill C-24, but that's life. Suck it up, we are all here because Canada ACCEPTED us to move here - it was NOT our right to move here, it was a massive PRIVILEGE!!! We could all have still been in the "crappy" places we moved from.... If we all previously lived in "paradise", we would never have wanted to move to Canada, which is most probably a better place to live, compared to where we came from.

Having said that, nobody on here REALLY knows EXACTLY what will happen, and when it will happen - right now, most people on here are trying to be more clever than the next, second guessing everything.

I would much rather the government do immigration PROPERLY, than just rush a bunch of people into the country. Afterall, most of us that moved here permanently, and that were affected by C24 or might benefit from C-6, have PR, just not a passport. So for now, the only difference is we cannot vote - big deal if we have to wait a little longer. I read how a lot of people on here keep on moaning and groaning - as if it's our RIGHT to become Citizens - people, it's a privilege as I already noted.

Heck, a lot of people complaining on here, cannot even spell properly, and some's grammar leaves much to be desired.... You are angry that you're not yet a Citizen - learn to write properly and spell properly before you become so angry for not having a passport. Heck, these forums even spell check FOR you....
You are totally ignorant! Not all immigrants come from hell holes! There are immigrants from European, Australia and other highly developed countries too. Canada lures a whole bunch of highly skilled immigrants just to give them jobs as taxi drivers, toilet cleaners etc despite them having years of professional experiences and degrees from top universities way higher ranked than those in Canada

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
deerestlovelybear said:
You are totally ignorant! Not all immigrants come from hell holes! There are immigrants from European, Australia and other highly developed countries too. Canada lures a whole bunch of highly skilled immigrants just to give them jobs as taxi drivers, toilet cleaners etc despite them having years of professional experiences and degrees from top universities way higher ranked than those in Canada
The question is if the situation is better in their home countries, then why are they still in Canada after discovering the LIE as you illustrate it?

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ditto, well said. I hope the 3/5 won't get approved. I got affected by C-24 but I'm opposed to 3/5 due to the huge backlog it's going to cause.
globalstar66 said:

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
deerestlovelybear said:
You are totally ignorant! Not all immigrants come from hell holes! There are immigrants from European, Australia and other highly developed countries too. Canada lures a whole bunch of highly skilled immigrants just to give them jobs as taxi drivers, toilet cleaners etc despite them having years of professional experiences
I'm from Europe and I never drove a taxi or cleaned toilets..must be your experience.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
itsmyid said:
Did you just pull the 99% number out of thin air? and 'most people here'? Why it is so easy for some people just make up things without any basis is beyond my imagination
+1000

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
munter said:
Agree c-24 added two year for me. When I arrived here to work as a software engineer on an intracompany transfer visa, I worked for over two years before I was elligible under CEC for PR. that took almost a year to process, during which time the the time required for CEC was reduced to one year. Then literally months before I was to become elligible for citizenship, c-24 went through, took my pre-pr time away and added an extra year (so two in total). In total its gonna take me 7 years to become a citizen + citizenship processing time, during which time I will have been employed 100% of the time and paying income tax. I am frustrated and I want c-6 to pass. given that makes two of use, then there should be 198 others on this forum who feel the opposite.

Lets not confuse the message here.
+1

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
MarceauBletard said:
It seems unrealistic to get 3/5 judging from how it has been going, but I think at least the pre-pr credit should be restored, especially for students and workers who have been paying into the system

cazrypr

Star Member
May 15, 2012
itsmyid said:
It seems unrealistic to get 3/5 judging from how it has been going, but I think at least the pre-pr credit should be restored, especially for students and workers who have been paying into the system
+1

zzzzzzzz

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
marcher said:
The question is if the situation is better in their home countries, then why are they still in Canada after discovering the LIE as you illustrate it?
I agree with your point, but there are multiple reasons why people might come to Canada despite some troubles that they might face (family, love, adventure etc)

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
no matter what you say, whether you agree or not
the number of applicants from China drops a lot. and much more PR gives up their status.

Do not think it's privileges to be here, I would rather say it's a contract.

As the salary just rise 2% every year, but the house price rise 20% each year. I must say here is not a good place any more as before.

globalstar66

Feb 10, 2016
deerestlovelybear said:
Give us a break..... your SKILLS will determine your job!! The country does not give you a job - you apply for jobs given your education and your skill set. If it's so bad here and you have such a crappy job, why not go back home to paradise? Why would anyone move somewhere else if it's worse than where you come from?

globalstar66

Feb 10, 2016
ipfreely said:
I say put your money where your mouth is.

Skill set?

I own the nurses there pertaining to knowledge, skills, and experience. They don't even know how to read a simple ECG strip. More so they know what to do with a patient who released troponin I on his blood stream. They even believed that patient was getting better because his lab of tropinin I is dwindling.
I say they commited malpractice and are negligent to their duties. The patient had heart failure because of that. I was worried at the time when they where making him walk around he will drop dead because of tamponade.

Another incident was another patient was taking lasix and they all know he/ she drinks alchohol everyday. Geewiz!
Talk about dumb people. I was wondering where did all these canadian nurses got their education and what are they teaching at your universities?

My point is I cannot practice my profession there because of all the plantation mentality. I returned to my country and am now serving again in the Army.

Your notion is flawed.
My notion might be flawed - but at least I can spell and my grammar is up to scratch - so much so, that people can actually understand what I am typing. I just find it really weird - why would you troll citizenship forums if you don't want to be in Canada, and went back to your country?
I simply stated people with skills and a decent education, will NOT be cleaning toilets and driving taxis as some have stated. And, it's every person's choice to go back to where they came from, should they not like it in their new country. Do you think Canadian born people care for "outsiders" bashing their country of birth?

Anyway, enough said. Cheers

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
globalstar66 said:
My notion might be flawed - but at least I can spell and my grammar is up to scratch - so much so, that people can actually understand what I am typing. I just find it really weird - why would you troll citizenship forums if you don't want to be in Canada, and went back to your country?
I simply stated people with skills and a decent education, will NOT be cleaning toilets and driving taxis as some have stated. And, it's every person's choice to go back to where they came from, should they not like it in their new country. Do you think Canadian born people care for "outsiders" bashing their country of birth?

Anyway, enough said. Cheers
This message is addressed to both of you guys.
Based on my experience, I would say if you have the right skill set/ solid professional and /or international experience you will get a job fairly easy. I do not believe that there is an intention for any employer representative to not recruit immigrants just because they are immigrants or they don't have experience in Canada. I read through this "experience phenomenon" before I moved a year and half ago, when i experienced my self, I realized its a whole different story compared to what i was reading .

Now, that more of a generic perspective, I agree that some sectors in Canada have a fundamental issue when it comes to recruiting immigrants, Doctors for example, incredibly difficult to work as a doctor in Canada if you are coming from ANY country in the world . even if you come from France or Germany and you speak 3 languages, that led me to drew the conclusion that this is more of a deeper issue than Canadians don't want to recruit immigrants, it is more of a political issue where a lot of parties are involved in a legitimate or illegitimate fashion to control the market.

Then again, If I was a doctor it would be my responsibility to know that and i wouldn't come here and then complain about not accepting my degree or my profession. I will choose a different place . I think the root cause of this is a self misrepresentation of the real picture and a lack of analyzing the life in a different country by some immigrants. when they get here they get kind of shocked as it does not match at all with a picture that they initially drew in their mind.

My advise to anyone coming to Canada is, there is a competition in the market, its capitalism, employers look for money, that's how they see you, if you are going to generate some money for them they will recruit you if not they will not .plain and simple. Everything can be learned so seek knowledge, work hard and i am sure you will get the right job for you .

There might be particular cases where there is injustice .. No doubt about that, but it is not a general practice. I would think its even Rare

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
If I may get back to the thread's official topic. Does anyone know what's the status of C-6 at the senate at this stage? I saw that it's tabled for today on parlvu.