+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC, Now reading in Senate

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
h3a3j6 said:
If I may get back to the thread's official topic. Does anyone know what's the status of C-6 at the senate at this stage? I saw that it's tabled for today on parlvu.
It has been tabled every day since sep but skipped everyday too

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
ipfreely said:
Do you possess a regulated profession or you just graduate with a degree and you skiddadle and work right away?

Your view is one sided and does not hold all parties responsible. Where is the accountability of the government whose cajoling all people as immigrants portraying a different story than its reality?

Did you ever think the reason that country gives out permanent residence like throwing a used napkin to many south, middle and east asians?
Yes Sir! They want people who are timid and will not react to their new reality because they will compare two oranges. That canada is better than where they came from.

Where is the justice in that?

And here your politicians changing laws and rules like the presidents of banana republics. Your government didn't even do a good job about it.

I am in a non regulated profession. I graduated and had couple of years of experience before i came here.
You can argue like that for sure, but the fact is someone needs to understand that Canada is non different than any other capitalist government, they use Media to attract people and at the end everyone has a free will. You don't have to buy a shampoo because you seen a good advertisement on TV or you might choose to risk and buy it despite that it could be a bad product at the end you are also responsible. Holding the government accountable, good luck with that.. accountable for what? you will loose in a court of law in a second.. Even if we suppose you are right for the sake of argument, the government can easily counter argue with million arguments that they are doing the right thing too.
I am not defending government here,I am just stating my opinion on this particular topic, you might have a look at my posts i am not a big lover of Canada ..but i believe the truth shall be said regardless.

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
ipfreely said:
Do you possess a regulated profession or you just graduate with a degree and you skiddadle and work right away?

Your view is one sided and does not hold all parties responsible. Where is the accountability of the government whose cajoling all people as immigrants portraying a different story than its reality?

Did you ever think the reason that country gives out permanent residence like throwing a used napkin to many south, middle and east asians?
Yes Sir! They want people who are timid and will not react to their new reality because they will compare two oranges. That canada is better than where they came from.

Where is the justice in that?

And here your politicians changing laws and rules like the presidents of banana republics. Your government didn't even do a good job about it.

I am in a non regulated profession. I graduated and had couple of years of experience before i came here.
You can argue like that for sure, but the fact is someone needs to understand that Canada is non different than any other capitalist government, they use Media to attract people and at the end everyone has a free will. You don't have to buy a shampoo because you seen a good advertisement on TV or you might choose to risk and buy it despite that it could be a bad product at the end you are also responsible. Holding the government accountable, good luck with that.. accountable for what? you will loose in a court of law in a second.. Even if we suppose you are right for the sake of argument, the government can easily counter argue with million arguments that they are doing the right thing too.
I am not defending government here,I am just stating my opinion on this particular topic, you might have a look at my posts i am not a big lover of Canada ..but i believe the truth shall be said regardless

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
AGAIN bill C-6 SKIPPED

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
MarceauBletard said:
Thank you for the info. Really appreciated. 'cause I'm not listening to the Senate anymore.
I should copy you and stop listening to them.. they're hopeless. From my management experience (not political), I have a huge bunch of negative notes on their performance................NOW, someone will jump in saying: how can you comment on their performance, they're the high superior people in the country that allowed you IN from nowhere :D I don't care.... bad performance always talks about itself

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
i don't really think they will discuss it anytime soon ..it's being pushed on and on .. the minister is not even showing strong support nor being pushy.. showing up at the senate unprepared for questions .. so they won't rush .. until next recess ..who knows .. all the people affected , starting from june 2015 will be eligible very soon .. even if it is voted as a law now ...they may implement some of the rules shortly after but the 3/5 won't come into force soon from what we could conclude now.

MM26

Oct 3, 2016
I think they are waiting for the appointment of the new senators and that is why they are not pushing it. If the current senators vote on the bill and decide to return it to the parliament that would cause more delay compared to this.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
spiritsoul said:
I should copy you and stop listening to them.. they're hopeless. From my management experience (not political), I have a huge bunch of negative notes on their performance................NOW, someone will jump in saying: how can you comment on their performance, they're the high superior people in the country that allowed you IN from nowhere :D I don't care.... bad performance always talks about itself
I beg to differ, their performance cannot be measured by one bill that to you is a priority and to the rest of the country is not. They are busy dealing with their priorities, so their performance is not as bad as you describe it.

nsapp

Star Member
Aug 28, 2013
Looks like they are discussing the topic which can be found at:

https://openparliament.ca/committees/immigration/42-1/30/john-mccallum-48/

Atleast some discussion is good and we know they are mentioning the bill in their discussions.

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
That was Oct 4th.

nsapp said:
Looks like they are discussing the topic which can be found at:

https://openparliament.ca/committees/immigration/42-1/30/john-mccallum-48/

Atleast some discussion is good and we know they are mentioning the bill in their discussions.