+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC, Now reading in Senate

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
canadasucks said:
We all know 99.99% chance they will skip C-6 today just like any other day. So why bother to check every day?
Why check at all? Just chill, there is nothing one can do. Relax, go on with your lifes and enjoy Canada!

hmirzaei

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
subha_1962 said:
Expecting Minister Ralph Goodale on Tuesday for further discussio.....so said.... God only knows
What does this person have to do with bill C-6? Did they mention it?

nsapp

Star Member
Aug 28, 2013
I know - I thought I discovered something new but everyone in this forum knows about that :)
Lets keep our fingers cross and hope for the best. I was going to be eligible this year June and would have applied until now... :(

3bdcanada said:
That was Oct 4th.

nsapp

Star Member
Aug 28, 2013
I have a question for this forum (Please forgive me if this is a very stupid question since I know very less about government processes):

I know from the updates that the third reading is done for the c-6 bill. What are they waiting for in the parliament session.
As per my understanding from the process here is the only thing remaining for the bill:

Royal Assent

Bill is presented to the Governor General for assent.
The Governor General may assent to Bill in the Queen's name, withhold assent or reserve assent.
When Bill is given Royal Assent it becomes law.

In Force

Statute is in force:
upon Royal Assent, or
when it is proclaimed by the Governor General, or
on a day specified in the act
Different sections may come into force at different times

Now if this is only taken up for Royal Assent presented to Governor General then why wait for sessions.

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey

stay positive it is only Oct now they may vote in November or December than implemented in January 2017 .

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zineb83 said:
hey

stay positive it is only Oct now they may vote in November or December than implemented in January 2017 .
Please just face the reality, the bill is already dead. It's both parties interests to keep as it.

First, Conservatives definitely would not turn back their position two years ago and let it pass. But they also cannot reject the bill as it will jeopardize their reputation. So the best way is to hold it until the end of parliament session and let it naturally die.

Second, the bill is proved to be mistake and embarrassment for Liberals, they really don't have the will to push it. So letting it die naturally until the end of parliament session is also the best way for them. In the end they can say they already fulfill their election promise and try their best but blame Senate who hold it. In the past year, we all saw how hypocritical the Liberals are. Like many things they have done, C-6 is just one of shows they are running.

I don't like many policies Conservatives made in the past, but at least they are not that hypocritical, they put action where mouth is. They don't focus much on shows rather than actually doing something.