+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

Sukhie

Star Member
Mar 23, 2012
I filled in existing employer and attached employment letter but clearly the application was for open work permit and I said sp in my cover letter that it was for BOWP.

Applied 1 june and waiting. Do you think the above is a problem? Anyone with same expereince?

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hi All

I will be applying for my PR in CEC in September 2013 and as such my assignment will end on Jan 2014 though my closed WP will expire in July 2014. Can the experts here please comment if I can apply for a BOWP once I receive my AOR of the PR application process even though I will have more than 4 months left on my current (closed) work permit?

Thanks

aquareo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Although you'd not meet one of the criteria being over 4 months while applying for OWP. However, I've seen some posts from people who were successful in getting one with upto one year left on their closed permit
leothelion123 said:
Hi All

I will be applying for my PR in CEC in September 2013 and as such my assignment will end on Jan 2014 though my closed WP will expire in July 2014. Can the experts here please comment if I can apply for a BOWP once I receive my AOR of the PR application process even though I will have more than 4 months left on my current (closed) work permit?

Thanks

cecsep20

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Hi all,

If any body can send me the sample letter (explanation letter ) for BOWP that would be great help.

Thanks a lot in advance

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
cecsep20 said:
Hi all,

If any body can send me the sample letter (explanation letter ) for BOWP that would be great help.

Thanks a lot in advance
there is not special format for that, and it is not a big deal...

Just write something like: (I did like this and had no issues)

Letter of Explanation

(your details)

Date:

To whom this may concern:

Reg: (your subject)

Dear Sir/Madam,

----------
----------

Sincerely,

<sign>

<name>

Attach/append all other things like copy of your AOR, current WP, any additional sheets from application forms (employment history etc.) etc. below this. Also mention in your explanation letter that what are all the things you have attached below. Finally it should be one PDF document

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
That is correct BOWP is very well approved those on AOR , cic can see it on their system so dont worry and just apply .

july2012

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July 2012
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2012
Med's Request
30 May 2013
Med's Done....
10 June 2013, Medical received status in ECAS on Jun 27
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3 July 2013,Decision Made in ECAS on 5 July
VISA ISSUED...
24 july received my passport
LANDED..........
31 july @ peace bridge
Hi, I am planning to apply my BOWP and I am sorry if I am asking some dumb questions. Here are my queries, I hope someone can help me out.

A. My kid’s(3 yr old) valid visitor record is expiring soon in couple of months, therefore is this possible to include the application for extension of visitor records in BOWP application or I should apply separately once I get BOWP? What is your suggestion ?
B. While I was going though questionnaire for BOWP before the actual online application , I have some doubts/queries:

1. How long are you planning to stay in Canada? -> what should I select from
a. Temporary less than 6 month
b. Temporary greater than 6 month
c. Permanent

2. Do you have a written job offer? ->should I say No ?( as I don’t want to expose the current employer)

3. What is your province of destination?If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time. -> Ontario (is this correct as I am applying for open work permit?)

4. Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada? ->Yes (as family members are having valid visitor records)?

5. Do you want to submit an application for a family member? ->should I select as No (as I want open work permit for myself and my family members are having valid visitor records)?

LCM21

May 1, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
Med's Request
December 13, 2013
Med's Done....
January 10, 2014 (received 22/01/14)
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 8, 2014
I just received my BOWP in the mail!

I applied on May 14 (received on May 15) via paper application WITHOUT AOR (hadn't received it at the time). Valid until June 26 2014 :)

nandoU

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
LCM21 said:
I just received my BOWP in the mail!

I applied on May 14 (received on May 15) via paper application WITHOUT AOR (hadn't received it at the time). Valid until June 26 2014 :)
Explain....how did you get to apply without an AOR?...did you write an explanatory letter or something?....as I understand the officers take decisions based mostly on the material you send....it blows my mind how you got that BOWP....did you get any other confirmation from CIC that was not the AOR?

LCM21

May 1, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
Med's Request
December 13, 2013
Med's Done....
January 10, 2014 (received 22/01/14)
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 8, 2014
nandoU said:
Explain....how did you get to apply without an AOR?...did you write an explanatory letter or something?....as I understand the officers take decisions based mostly on the material you send....it blows my mind how you got that BOWP....did you get any other confirmation from CIC that was not the AOR?
Hi nandoU... Yes, I attached a cover letter explaining my situation. Please note that I had already applied for PR under CEC. I was running out of time due to the expiry of my work permit, so I sent in my BOWP application prior to receiving the AOR. It was by the way via paper application, as that would buy me more time (paper application processing takes twice as long as online application).

I received my AOR on June 13, so far before they would open my BOWP application (sent on May 14). By the time they processed my BOWP they were able to find my AOR number in the system...

aquareo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding BOWP and TRV:
Do you have to apply separately for BOWP and TRV i.e. fill separate application, pay separately ($150 each time)...
When I applied for my closed WP a couple of years back, I had to pay only once ($150) for my TRV and my WP but that was outside of Canada.
My BOWP timeline:
online application: June 6
mycic message of approval: July 4
BOWP validity: July 3, 2014

Thanks in advance!

Sukhie

Star Member
Mar 23, 2012
BOWP applied online on 1 June - recd email approval on 4 July

For information: Ihad filled in applying with current employer and attached employer's letter of employment - but I had ticked OPEN WORK PERMIT and also put in my cover letter clearly that the application was for an BOWP also cited in my cover letter thatmyAOR was attached quoting the rule and thelink which says for CEC AOR is acceptable.

So dont sress too much. As long as you are applying for an OPEN work permit and say so in yor application its OK

takman

Aug 20, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
13-02-2013
Med's Request
01-11-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Passport Req..
N/A
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Finally received an approval for BOWP application!

Applied on May 3
Received on July 3

Type - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR
Validity 2014/07/03

It took me 2 full months. I'm pretty sure that the strike definitely affected my application process. But anyways I've got it! :)

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
what way would you prefer when applying BOWP.. online or mail ?
Can any one of you send me the link for applying BOWP. your effort would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance