+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
What was the reason for rejection if I may ask?

pfse said:
True story - I applied for BOWP once I became eligible (4 months before old wp expire). I got my BOWP in 25 days and 3 weeks later my application was rejected.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
pfse said:
Applied on Feb 2013, rejected Sept 2013
Oh I applied in Feb 2013 too and I still havent heard anything from CIC.
What was ur reason for rejection though ?

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Winterfox said:
Oh I applied in Feb 2013 too and I still havent heard anything from CIC.
What was ur reason for rejection though ?
Insufficient reference letter which did not describe all my responsibilities. Therefore the officer didn't find "evidence" that my work matching NOC code.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
pfse said:
Insufficient reference letter which did not describe all my responsibilities. Therefore the officer didn't find "evidence" that my work matching NOC code.
Damn thats bad. So now you've applied again with all the sufficient ref letters?

Pichon

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-08-2014
pfse said:
True story - I applied for BOWP once I became eligible (4 months before old wp expire). I got my BOWP in 25 days and 3 weeks later my application was rejected.
Hi pfse,
sorry to hear that. How many months passed since your application was receive by CIC and when you received the rejection letter?

theboss

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
pfse said:
Did you attach a cover letter (including the missing information) with your insufficent reference letter ?

anuragmaneesha

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 1st 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 19th 2013
Med's Request
April 12th 2014
Med's Done....
May 12th 2014
Passport Req..
Jun 12th 2014
Dear All,

I need your advice on my BOWP application. I have contacted CIC (via the call center) thrice and each time they have told me that BOWP cannot be applied online because of some tech. glitches. As I go thru this topic on the forum I realize that it is not the case.

Having said that, I have to apply extensions for my family as well. My spouse is on an open work permit while my kids are on visitors'.

I would need your advice on the best route to take - apply online for all the 4 (20 days of processing) OR apply and send application by mail for the family (43 days of processing)

Thanks so much

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
theboss said:
Did you attach a cover letter (including the missing information) with your insufficent reference letter ?
Didn't know that something is missing. Me letter has a job description, work period and salary numbers. The officer didnt find evidence that I performed all or some of duties listed for my noc code. This time I reapplied with lawyer who prepared ref letter for me and my employer has signed it.

cupidsbutler

Dec 7, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 21, 2014
AOR Received.
February 25, 2014
Med's Request
August 11, 2014
Med's Done....
August 15, 2014
Hi All,

I applied for a BOWP via Paper Application and after a week, I applied via online. Got my AOR on time so my online app was approved- since they haven't processed my paper application yet, how do I withdraw my paper application?

Thanks.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
cupidsbutler said:
Hi All,

I applied for a BOWP via Paper Application and after a week, I applied via online. Got my AOR on time so my online app was approved- since they haven't processed my paper application yet, how do I withdraw my paper application?

Thanks.
Call CIC and let them know the exact date when u sent ur paper application. If they have started processing ur app then u wont get ur money back. Hope they havent yet.

darinvg

Aug 19, 2011
BOWP submitted March 17, approved April 2nd.

Do they just mail it to us now? Does this replace our current work permit?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
darinvg said:
BOWP submitted March 17, approved April 2nd.

Do they just mail it to us now? Does this replace our current work permit?
Yes, you'll get the BOWP in the mail in a couple of days, depending on how far away from Vegreville AB you live

cupidsbutler

Dec 7, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 21, 2014
AOR Received.
February 25, 2014
Med's Request
August 11, 2014
Med's Done....
August 15, 2014
Winterfox said:
Call CIC and let them know the exact date when u sent ur paper application. If they have started processing ur app then u wont get ur money back. Hope they havent yet.
Thanks Winterfox. Will give it a shot.

naijabelle

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
anuragmaneesha said:
Dear All,

I need your advice on my BOWP application. I have contacted CIC (via the call center) thrice and each time they have told me that BOWP cannot be applied online because of some tech. glitches. As I go thru this topic on the forum I realize that it is not the case.

Having said that, I have to apply extensions for my family as well. My spouse is on an open work permit while my kids are on visitors'.

I would need your advice on the best route to take - apply online for all the 4 (20 days of processing) OR apply and send application by mail for the family (43 days of processing)

Thanks so much
I am not sure if you read through the forum but I had this EXACT problem with CIC call reps telling me I cannot apply online and that was the reason my application was not going through. I have since learned that this info was inaccurate and the reason my application could not be completed was because my cc info did not match what I had put it. I am not sure about your family stuff but I know for sure the BOWP can be done online as so many other people have done it (including me). I applied last week so we shall see if I was approved in a week or so.