VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
http://www.ourcommons.ca/en

No bill c-6 next Monday in the HOC... they will speak about C-46
Please see below:

House Agenda
Monday, May 29, 2017. Subject to change without notice.

11:00 a.m.

Private Members' Business
Bills and motions sponsored by private Members, for which a period is devoted each sitting day.

Private Members' Motions — M-108
Contribution of ranchers and farmers

12:00 p.m.

Government Orders
Each sitting day, a substantial portion of the House’s time is devoted to the consideration of Government Orders, which include any item of business proposed by a Minister for consideration on a certain day.

Government Bills (Commons)
Bills concerned with public policy introduced by a Minister in the House.

Government Business No. 14
Extension of sitting hours and conduct of extended proceedings

2:00 p.m.

Statements by Members
A daily 15-minute period when Members may make brief statements on matters of national, regional or local importance.

2:15 p.m.

Oral Questions
A daily 45-minute period in the House during which oral questions are addressed to Ministers, and occasionally to committee chairs or members of the Board of Internal Economy.

3:00 p.m.

Routine Proceedings
Business of a basic nature for which a daily period is set aside in the House.

Government Orders
Each sitting day, a substantial portion of the House’s time is devoted to the consideration of Government Orders, which include any item of business proposed by a Minister for consideration on a certain day.

C-46 (second reading)
An Act to amend the Criminal Code (offences relating to conveyances) and to make consequential amendments to other Acts

6:30 p.m.

Adjournment Proceedings
A 30-minute period prior to the daily adjournment, during which Members may raise matters they believe have not been dealt with satisfactorily.

7:00 p.m.

Government Orders

Business of Supply
The process by which the government submits its projected annual expenditures for parliamentary approval.

Consideration in Committee of the Whole - Main Estimates
Consideration of all Votes under Department of National Defence

11:00 p.m.

Adjournment of the House

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Note that before the break they said "start with C-6 on Monday, continue with C-46 (which they started before the break) on Tuesday" so quite possibly they just switched that order.

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
So unfair! When is their summer break?

http://www.ourcommons.ca/en

No bill c-6 next Monday in the HOC... they will speak about C-46
Please see below:

House Agenda
Monday, May 29, 2017. Subject to change without notice.

11:00 a.m.

Private Members' Business
Bills and motions sponsored by private Members, for which a period is devoted each sitting day.

Private Members' Motions — M-108
Contribution of ranchers and farmers

12:00 p.m.

Government Orders

Government Business No. 14
Extension of sitting hours and conduct of extended proceedings

2:00 p.m.

Statements by Members
A daily 15-minute period when Members may make brief statements on matters of national, regional or local importance.

2:15 p.m.

Oral Questions
A daily 45-minute period in the House during which oral questions are addressed to Ministers, and occasionally to committee chairs or members of the Board of Internal Economy.

3:00 p.m.

Routine Proceedings
Business of a basic nature for which a daily period is set aside in the House.

Government Orders

C-46 (second reading)
An Act to amend the Criminal Code (offences relating to conveyances) and to make consequential amendments to other Acts

6:30 p.m.

Adjournment Proceedings
A 30-minute period prior to the daily adjournment, during which Members may raise matters they believe have not been dealt with satisfactorily.

7:00 p.m.

Government Orders

Business of Supply
The process by which the government submits its projected annual expenditures for parliamentary approval.

Consideration in Committee of the Whole - Main Estimates
Consideration of all Votes under Department of National Defence

11:00 p.m.

Adjournment of the House

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
AFAIK once the 3/5 rule will come into force, it will trigger a flood of applications, and every day will be very important if you want your application to be processed promptly. So here is my question:

I will be waiting for 3/5 to come into force with my application ready, but how will know that 3/5 clause actually came into force? Should I check IRCC pages and residency calculator daily? How coming into the force is communicated by the government?

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
AFAIK once the 3/5 rule will come into force, it will trigger a flood of applications, and every day will be very important if you want your application to be processed promptly. So here is my question:

I will be waiting for 3/5 to come into force with my application ready, but how will know that 3/5 clause actually came into force? Should I check IRCC pages and residency calculator daily? How coming into the force is communicated by the government?
The forms will be changed along with other stuff so getting your application ready will be unusful and waste of time. If you mean just gather the docums needed such as translations then it is ok.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

As Whocares pointed out: The current forms are useless once 3/5 sets in. Plus, the online residency calculator will get an overhaul, so there is not even a point in filling it out because you'll have to do so again once the new rules are there.

You will know that the new rules apply in two ways: There will be an official government announcement regarding the date, plus the forms on the website will change that day.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Also, believe me, once the date for the 3/5 rule is announced, there will be about 100 forum members eager to post this info on this forum, so you'll definitely won't miss the date :)

pkin007

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Hi All,

New member here but have been following the thread since it was 180 pages long. I feel we should all calm down for a week or two and see what progress is made on the bill in HoC. Now that the courts have ruled that some parts of C24 are not per law the government will need time to study the same and possibly put some clauses in the current bill to accommodate what courts have said, they can't accept whatever amendment senate has suggested verbatim. All this will take time, plus the govt will need to see the vote count on the other two amendments. Am sure there would have been lot of back room chats that would have happened to get this bill back to HoC. So lets be patient.

As for speculation and the undue haste some members are in for this bill to pass, I don't get it..as long as your taking the citizenship to reside in Canada and to contribute to the country then doesn't matter if it takes you 3 or 4 years to get there. yes what matters is that the said citizenship is not stripped away without any rhyme or reason or for frivolous reason and without a proper appeal just because some person in a windowless office deemed it.

pkin007

Star Member
May 26, 2017
and spyfy..kudos to you for keeping it sane and informative at the same time...fan of your posts always make sense :)

Reactions: lilen

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
As for speculation and the undue haste some members are in for this bill to pass, I don't get it..as long as your taking the citizenship to reside in Canada and to contribute to the country then doesn't matter if it takes you 3 or 4 years to get there. yes what matters is that the said citizenship is not stripped away without any rhyme or reason or for frivolous reason and without a proper appeal just because some person in a windowless office deemed it.
It matters a lot actually. Read previous reasons in this thread and other. Maybe it is not for you, but it is for many of us.

pkin007

Star Member
May 26, 2017
It matters a lot actually. Read previous reasons in this thread and other. Maybe it is not for you, but it is for many of us.
Sorry if i missed the reasons but would like to know how being on PR impairs one from something vs being a citizen? and i am not being sarcastic or anything just genuinely curious..I have been in Canada for a few years now first on WP and now on PR and only thing that changed for me was that i was able to get a home loan easily and on same terms as a Canadian citizen. Only other thing i feel i am prevented from being on PR is my ineligibility to Vote..but that's it..so yeah would really love to hear what else i am missing..again no offence meant here.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Sorry if i missed the reasons but would like to know how being on PR impairs one from something vs being a citizen? and i am not being sarcastic or anything just genuinely curious..I have been in Canada for a few years now first on WP and now on PR and only thing that changed for me was that i was able to get a home loan easily and on same terms as a Canadian citizen. Only other thing i feel i am prevented from being on PR is my ineligibility to Vote..but that's it..so yeah would really love to hear what else i am missing..again no offence meant here.
There is a lot of posts about this earlier in this thread.
- One of many differences is that the Government hires Citizens before PRs. I was recently refused a government job because I'm not a citizen.
- Also there is elections in Ontario next year which I wouldn't mind being able to vote in.
- Also many jobs require you to travel a lot which is tricky if you have the RO of a Permanent Resident.
- This one doesn't apply to me at the moment, but if you are not a citizen and you are abroad temporarily for a job, if your child is born out of country you would have to sponsor that child for PR. If you are a citizen, your child is simply Canadian.
- Depending on the country of your current citizenship, getting a visa for many countries is much trickier than with Canadian citizenship.

pkin007

Star Member
May 26, 2017
There is a lot of posts about this earlier in this thread.
- One of many differences is that the Government hires Citizens before PRs. I was recently refused a government job because I'm not a citizen.
- Also there is elections in Ontario next year which I wouldn't mind being able to vote in.
- Also many jobs require you to travel a lot which is tricky if you have the RO of a Permanent Resident.
- This one doesn't apply to me at the moment, but if you are not a citizen and you are abroad temporarily for a job, if your child is born out of country you would have to sponsor that child for PR. If you are a citizen, your child is simply Canadian.
- Depending on the country of your current citizenship, getting a visa for many countries is much trickier than with Canadian citizenship.
Hi spyfy,

Thanks for the info. Though i don't agree on at least one about government not hiring PRs. I myself have appeared for job interviews for OPS and have not faced any issue. Though there might be some jobs which specifically have a citizenship requirement so maybe you are right. As for travel true, if you plan to travel for work to say USA then you can only do it on a BV and also agree on the last point.

Frankly i wouldn't mind getting my citizenship earlier than under current rules, but hey at the end of the day i roll with the law of the land. If 4 years it's going to take to reach there so be it. I have decided that i want to be a Canadian. So if it takes me 2 years longer i am willing to wait as long as there are checks an balances that no one at a later date can come in am revoke my citizenship without me knowing reasons and getting a chance to appeal the revocation.