Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
To answer to some very offensive comments I read previously. My wife and I, both PRs, are going to apply for citizenship, early 2018, with c6 passed. We are also doctors who will go to USA to do a medical residency and fellowship. Both of us were sponsored as family Class PRs. My dad sponsored me. I sponsored my wife (it's her timeline you see on my profile). So no its not just uneducated people who come via family class sponsorship. Secondly we will have the opportunity to stay in both, the USA or Canada as a doctor once we get the degree, and yeah, both of us will choose Canada over USA any day. To say who would choose Canada over USA, given the chance in both countries.. There you go., just gave you two examples among nmerous others.. Don't judge people based on your beliefs.. Shameful.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sbag_in said:
To answer to some very offensive comments I read previously. My wife and I, both PRs, are going to apply for citizenship, early 2018, with c6 passed. We are also doctors who will go to USA to do a medical residency and fellowship. Bothof is were sponsored as family Class PRs. My dad sponsored me. I sponsored my wife (it's her timeline you see on my profile). So no its not just uneducated people who come via family class sponsorship. Secondly we will have the opportunity to stay in both, the USA or Canada as a doctor once we get the degree, and yeah, both of us will choose Canada over USA any day. To say who would choose Canada over USA, given the chance in both countries.. There you go., just gave you two examples among nmerous others.. Don't judge people based on your beliefs.. Shameful.
The comments were outrageous.

RajGill

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
asifmehmood said:
If you applied in 2019, the previous five years will count and 2012 will fall out of this range, there is no pre-PR credit increase proposed in amendments.
I hope this clarify.
Now I am confused, some say you can take credit of pre-PR time even after 10 years. So, does that mean if person stayed on student or work visa for 2yrs and then left after PR application. Recieved PR after 2 years, came back and now completing 2 yrs under C-6 wont be able get Pre-PR credit.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
RajGill said:
Now I am confused, some say you can take credit of pre-PR time even after 10 years. So, does that mean if person stayed on student or work visa for 2yrs and then left after PR application. Recieved PR after 2 years, came back and now completing 2 yrs under C-6 wont be able get Pre-PR credit.
The rules are pretty clear. the day you apply for Citizenship, you have to show 3 years of residency in the last 5. If you are applying at 2 year PR mark, then off the preceding 3 years before PR, you will need to have been in Canada for at least 2 of them (in any valid temporary resident status...student/work permit/refugee). So basically 4 years out of the last 5 if you want full 1 year pre PR credit for Citizenship application.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
RajGill said:
unless that 'some' in your 'some say' comes with a direct link to a specific CIC document about this isse, you can pretty much ignore it

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
The last week of March will be the real week which will clear out many things about where this bill will go. The good thing is that there are continuous sittings of senate till mid of april... Very much hopeful in the coming weeks

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
proudian said:
The last week of March will be the real week which will clear out many things about where this bill will go. The good thing is that there are continuous sittings of senate till mid of april... Very much hopeful in the coming weeks
3/5 will only come into effect later (1-2 years) then why bother?

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
deerestlovelybear said:
Most of us we care about c6 because under c6 we will be able to apply after 2 years ;D ;)

Secondly, would you get me a rule in canadian law that laws and bills' clauses are come to effect after 1 to 2 years?
If it was done once, doesnt mean that its a rule

libs will give citizenship and much as they can before elections, libs and ndp are getting many votes from immigrants

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
deerestlovelybear said:
you cant say for sure, lets see the bill..

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All this information is back if you look at previous pages of the discussion.

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
sbag_in said:
To answer to some very offensive comments I read previously. My wife and I, both PRs, are going to apply for citizenship, early 2018, with c6 passed. We are also doctors who will go to USA to do a medical residency and fellowship. Both of us were sponsored as family Class PRs. My dad sponsored me. I sponsored my wife (it's her timeline you see on my profile). So no its not just uneducated people who come via family class sponsorship. Secondly we will have the opportunity to stay in both, the USA or Canada as a doctor once we get the degree, and yeah, both of us will choose Canada over USA any day. To say who would choose Canada over USA, given the chance in both countries.. There you go., just gave you two examples among nmerous others.. Don't judge people based on your beliefs.. Shameful.
Very True
My 2 cents here
I am a sub-speciality qualified doctor ,finished residency with licenses valid in US & Canada .
I chose Canada over USA and love it here .

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
The last session was adjourned in the name of Sen. Day who is Senate Liberal Party Leader, does this means anything special?

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
asifmehmood said:
The last session was adjourned in the name of Sen. Day who is Senate Liberal Party Leader, does this means anything special?
I think he will be able to start debate next time, or libs can start debate on 28 march but not sure of it ;D

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
monalisa said:
I think he will be able to start debate next time, or libs can start debate on 28 march but not sure of it ;D
Since this guy is the representative for the government in the senate, he can provide guidance towards whether the amendment will be accepted by the minister/HoC. If he says "out of scope" it will be good indications that Minister does not like all or some of the proposed changes. If he supports it, thats a good indication.