spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello Spyfi
Thanks for very diligent and precise input you have provided so far in this thread and the other ones.
Got a question if you could help respond; If I apply for citizenship under current law in vogue which include I will sign the intent to live as part of my application. Once bill c-6 becomes law, the intent to live and any other obsolete provisions will no longer be applicable regardless if I originally signed for it. Can you please reply.
Thanks again
Calgarytown
First of all, I think you are referring to the "intent to reside". The "intent to live" is not part of citizenship rules but I very much encourage you to have the intent to live, I think your loved ones would appreciate that :)

Jokes aside: if bill c-6 becomes law, the "intent to reside" clause will be deemed to never have applied to applicants. This is true no matter in which of the following situations you are:
- you already received your citizenship under the old rules
- you applied under the old rules but your application is still in process when c-6 becomes law
- you apply after c-6 becomes law

In all of these three cases, the intend to reside clause will be deemed to never have applied. This means in particular that no immigration authority, neither IRCC nor the courts could ever accuse you of misrepresentation regarding your intention to reside.

I am not sure what you mean with "other obsolete provisions". In fact this is the only one I can think of.

Note that if you apply before 3/5 takes effect, your application will still get assessed by the 4/6 rule, even if during the processing of your application, the 3/5 rule takes effect. For residency days, the rule ON THE DAY YOU SIGN THE APPLICATION is the one that applies. So if you apply before the new residency rules of c-6 take effect and it turns out you are short of 4 years, your application will be rejected, even if you were above 3 years under the new rules. You would then have to apply under the new rules again.

So yes, intent to reside will be removed for everyone, but most other provisions only apply to applications after the day of effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: xnista

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
Hey spyfy...
Any updates...? Are you following the HOC proceedings..? Thanks..

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hey spyfy...
Any updates...? Are you following the HOC proceedings..? Thanks..
No news so far. They are discussing C-46 today, which they originally planned to discuss on Tuesday. So maybe they mixed up the week a bit. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: xnista

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
No news so far. They are discussing C-46 today, which they originally planned to discuss on Tuesday. So maybe they mixed up the week a bit. I'll keep you posted.
thanks.. much appreciated...

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Having a positive mind is the secret. We shouldn't even talk about the rejection of the bill when the debate has not been planified yet.
There will be no rejection at all. It just needs some time. Maybe a lot of us will not make use of the new bill, but it will pass.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Just so you know: The Projected Order of Business is basically always followed to the T and C-6 wasn't on there. So there was nothing "skipped" today. In fact the government's motion regarding C-6 is not even in the order paper yet so there is nothing to be discussed as of now.

But this goes both ways: As soon as C-6 is on the POB, it will be discussed the very next day!

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Yeah I really don't think they are even gana talk about it this week. So far everything is per the books on "projected order of business".

I am seriously loosing hope :-( I been in Canada for 10years now (int. student and PR 3y ago).
Ok so 3 years. Why would you count the years when you were a student?

Reactions: kirtivsingh