+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6, current status, FACTS only

Status
Not open for further replies.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
spyfy said:
If the HoC agrees with the amendments, the bill does NOT need to go back to the Senate. It'll go directly to the Governor-General for royal assent.

Technically she could hold the debate for long, however she herself said "I will talk later this week or early next week" and I guess she meant that.

Indeed, fingers crossed on that.
she can keep delaying until May since 5 sittings are left, there should be a way to open the debate on C6 even if she isnt ready

Third reading will pass same as today but its just matter of time, these are the facts ;)

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks spyfy for the update. It's so much easier to follow updates in this thread vs the chaos thread.

Just a few suggestions to keep this thread clean and uncluttered.

1. I request other members to stop qouting long posts- and instead just address the member with a question.
For e.g After spyfy's update today- if there's a question, just write

"Hey Spyfy- what did you mean by etc etc

2. On dates where Bill C6 is up for discussion- wait until the end of the day- say 7 PM for updates by spyfy or whoever else has been following the discussion for a summary.

Please refrain from typing "any update guys" in the interim. Also- if there has been no posting in this thread, let's assume there has been no updates for the day instead of asking "any update guys". This way we can keep the clutter to a minimum and would help new people reading this thread for the 1st time to catch up quickly.

3. Ideally- lets keep this thread just for senate discussion/debate/vote summaries, next bill date, and (I know spyfy frowns on this) tweets from senators actively involved in this bill.

Once again- great initiative spyfy!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
wolfpack27616 said:
Thanks spyfy for the update. It's so much easier to follow updates in this thread vs the chaos thread.

Just a few suggestions to keep this thread clean and uncluttered.

1. I request other members to stop qouting long posts- and instead just address the member with a question.
For e.g After spyfy's update today- if there's a question, just write

"Hey Spyfy- what did you mean by etc etc

2. On dates where Bill C6 is up for discussion- wait until the end of the day- say 7 PM for updates by spyfy or whoever else has been following the discussion for a summary.

Please refrain from typing "any update guys" in the interim. Also- if there has been no posting in this thread, let's assume there has been no updates for the day instead of asking "any update guys". This way we can keep the clutter to a minimum and would help new people reading this thread for the 1st time to catch up quickly.

3. Ideally- lets keep this thread just for senate discussion/debate/vote summaries, next bill date, and (I know spyfy frowns on this) tweets from senators actively involved in this bill.

Once again- great initiative spyfy!
Thanks, I like these ideas. And regarding the tweets: There are many very informative tweets. I was mostly referring to this very unorganized and uninformative tweets by Senator Jaffer in particular. She also doesn't really seem to understand how twitter works. When someone asks her a question, she retweets those questions without answering them... So weird :)

But yeah, I like the points and suggestions you make! So don't be surprised if there won't be any updates in the next days since because of the debate adjournment nothing will happen until the end of the week/early next week.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://bccivillibertiesassociation.cmail20.com/t/ViewEmail/j/94A5198D86505BA5/D65394B458BD13FF33C48669A65BFAC1

omss

Dec 7, 2016
http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1026272/senat-modification-loi-revocation-citoyennete

omivdar said the law will have the royal assent in the 13th april

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
omss said:
http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1026272/senat-modification-loi-revocation-citoyennete

She did not say that. It was wrongly written by the journalist. The good news is that the government is fed up with the delaying tactics of the cons.

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
_MK_ said:
Finally they voted.

The amendment passed.

Next steps:
Debate on entire C6. We should expect several adjournments.
Vote on bill. According to Senator Omidvar, they will push to vote on it by April 13th.
The bill is then supposed to go back to HoC. It should not too long there. Likely several weeks. Looks like there is a high likelihood of bill becoming law in May/early June.
These are the remaining steps, correct? Lots of great info in this thread just want to sum it up for my own benefit.

Edit: Also found this tweet: https://twitter.com/rachaiello/status/849384746312445953

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
omss said:

She said towards a vote "by" 13th of April. Now this may mean the vote could be on that day or before.

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
septimius said:
She said towards a vote "by" 13th of April. Now this may mean the vote could be on that day or before.
Or after...this is pure conjecture. I do hope that she is right. We'll just have to see what happens.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
ontario77 said:
If it will vote by april 13th ...than how long it will become law.
This is facts only topic.

To discuss guesswork, please visit other C6 topic threads. Thanks!!

Also, all Please sends Thank You!!! Note to Senator Harder, Senator Omidvar, Senator Jaffer. Without them, this billl still would have been sitting in some remote corner of Senate.

meayman

Sep 19, 2012
Hi Spyfy,
Thanks for the useful thread.
I just have a question about a scenario that I guess wasn't mentioned. What happens if the amended bill passes 3rd reading by the senate and goes to HoC, then HoC doesn't approve the amendment. What steps will follow next then??
Thanks!

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
quasar81 said:
This is facts only topic.

To discuss guesswork, please visit other C6 topic threads. Thanks!!

Also, all Please sends Thank You!!! Note to Senator Harder, Senator Omidvar, Senator Jaffer. Without them, this billl still would have been sitting in some remote corner of Senate.
It's their damn job to do so, they've delayed this push by almost a year now!!!

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
Update!
Something we missed yesterday, C6 already moved to HOC
https://twitter.com/SenJaffer/status/849391735289597956

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
septimius said:
La sénatrice Omidvar croit réaliste d'espérer une sanction royale le 13 avril, au plus tard.

She said that she wishes it will receive royal assent by 13 or later on

Status
Not open for further replies.