Status
Not open for further replies.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
proudian said:
Update!
Something we missed yesterday, C6 already moved to HOC
https://twitter.com/SenJaffer/status/849391735289597956
You misunderstood her reply, she answered that yes the amendments pass not the bill 3rd reading, It will move to HoC after 3rd reading ;D

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Please, less speculation.
And as I said before: ignore senator Jaffer's tweets. She means well but she has no clue what she is talking about. She is so bad with twitter that she always posts completely misleading things. The bill is still in the Senate.
I'd encourage everyone to simply wait for some days and see what happens. If you feel the need to constantly guess and interpret timeliness out of something, there is a thread for that. :)

Patience, please. Thanks!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
meayman said:
Hi Spyfy,
Thanks for the useful thread.
I just have a question about a scenario that I guess wasn't mentioned. What happens if the amended bill passes 3rd reading by the senate and goes to HoC, then HoC doesn't approve the amendment. What steps will follow next then??
Thanks!
In that case the HoC would send the bill back to the Senate with a message ("we won't pass this bill in the amended form but we suggest passing it as follows :...." Then the Senate has to concur with that. If they don't, the bill goes back to the HoC and so on. It is called "legislative ping-pong".

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
spyfy said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Please, less speculation.
And as I said before: ignore senator Jaffer's tweets. She means well but she has no clue what she is talking about. She is so bad with twitter that she always posts completely misleading things. The bill is still in the Senate.
I'd encourage everyone to simply wait for some days and see what happens. If you feel the need to constantly guess and interpret timeliness out of something, there is a thread for that. :)

Patience, please. Thanks!
I know some people, who know some people who have high connection to senate, and they told me that, I should listen to sen. Jaffer as she know way more then you.

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
capermanet said:
I know some people, who know some people who have high connection to senate, and they told me that, I should listen to sen. Jaffer as she know way more then you.
Extremely right
And HoC majority is libs 183 that's means once reach HoC it will be approved and processsed
I think Sen Jaff knows what she talks about and I can see this from her tweets, I tried her and she was 100% match in what she tweets

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Guys, what don't you understand by -FACTS ONLY- ?? ?? ??
F.A.C.T.S
O.N.L.Y.

F-A-C-T-S O-N-L-Y

Do you guys need a picture, also?
No need to be an English major... It's not rocket science...

RyanCzarDC

Feb 22, 2014
capermanet said:
Here is the thread for those who still prefer opinions and not FACTS please - bill-c6-senate-stage-t461681.0.html

Thank you spyfy for creating this thread.

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
Hello Guys!
Can someone clear out one confusion of mine, i read on other C6 thread that if senator Eaton(who adjourned the debate last time) keeps saying she is not ready to speak on this, will this debate keep getting extended?? :eek:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
proudian said:
Hello Guys!
Can someone clear out one confusion of mine, i read on other C6 thread that if senator Eaton(who adjourned the debate last time) keeps saying she is not ready to speak on this, will this debate keep getting extended?? :eek:
Senator Eaton said that she will speak later this week or early next week. That is all the facts we have. If she follows that announcement or not is speculation that I don't want to entertain in this thread.

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
In the first reading of C6, she adjourned once and then kept dragging for 102 days(56 chamber sittings) and then she spoke. Is she looking to do same again?

spiritsoul said:
Yes, She can drag the debate forever, hopefully NOT. There's no time limit

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
proudian said:
In the first reading of C6, she adjourned once and then kept dragging for 102 days(56 chamber sittings) and then she spoke. Is she looking to do same again?
We don't know. We don't live in Senator Eaton's Head.

This. Thread. Is. Not. For. Speculations.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
spiritsoul said:
Could be !. The disastrous scenario is she speaks but proposes an amendment that will take infinitive time!!
Seriously, which part of "NO SPECULATIONS" don't you understand? Go to the other thread if you want to post this stuff.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
spiritsoul said:
With though respect, I understand. It's good though for us to understand the possible scenarios especially we're a one step ahead of passing C-6
If you want to know these scenarios, go to the other thread. As you can see above there are many many forum members who don't want scenarios or speculations. They want FACTS ONLY and this is what this thread is for. Why is this so hard to respect?

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
spiritsoul said:
With though respect, I understand. It's good though for us to understand the possible scenarios especially we're a one step ahead of passing C-6
You are wrong.. I only come here to know what exactly has happened and other facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.