24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
arab21 said:
no, they just asked for the passport and told us we have 2 weeks to reply.
Hi arab21

Mabrouk again when did you ecas change to in process and what does say now decision made?

TSI

Mar 10, 2014
Soon_Canadian said:
TSI,

What happened with your wife going for an interview?!
Hello Soon_Canadian, we've seen no progress since mid-February when eCas changed to In Process, things seem to have just been put on hold. I've ordered a new set of notes last week, hopefully they'll show that something has been done over the last couple of months.

I'm guessing that they are reviewing all applications and the ones that seem easy are just being moved forward to reduce the backlog, and anything that requires extra work is just being put off, perhaps to get results from any ongoing research?

We haven't changed addresses, emails, or phone numbers, and yet still haven't been asked for an interview. We continue waiting...

Congratulations Arab21!

3a 2bel l ba3doun natrin.

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
TSI said:
Hello Soon_Canadian, we've seen no progress since mid-February when eCas changed to In Process, things seem to have just been put on hold. I've ordered a new set of notes last week, hopefully they'll show that something has been done over the last couple of months.

I'm guessing that they are reviewing all applications and the ones that seem easy are just being moved forward to reduce the backlog,I and anything that requires extra work is just being put off, perhaps to get results from any ongoing research?

We haven't changed addresses, emails, or phone numbers, and yet still haven't been asked for an interview. We continue waiting...

Congratulations Arab21!

3a 2bel l ba3doun natrin.

Hi TSI,

I just want to know if they asked you to submit any papers or documents after ur ecas change to in process?? becos u said it is changed since mid feb and it is a long time, they updated my ecas to in process and couple days later they ask for some documents . this is really confusing , nobody knows whats going on there or how they see things .

TSI

Mar 10, 2014
sue89 said:
Hi TSI,

I just want to know if they asked you to submit any papers or documents after ur ecas change to in process?? becos u said it is changed since mid feb and it is a long time, they updated my ecas to in process and couple days later they ask for some documents . this is really confusing , nobody knows whats going on there or how they see things .
Hi Sue,

Unfortunately it has been complete silence from the side of the embassy since February (in eCas as well as by any other means), I know that all our paperwork has completely expired (medical and police clearance) but they have not contacted us or have they asked us for any renewal or submissions.

It does seem to be a pretty arbitrary and very closed system, but I have to believe that there is a method to this madness, that somehow this randomness does indeed make sense, but we are simply too external to understand it :) if I didn't believe that, I think I'd go mad.

It is comforting though that there is progress for other members of this forum (yourself included :) ) this at least give us hope and allows us to be happy for and with those who do hear something positive.

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
TSI said:
Hi Sue,

Unfortunately it has been complete silence from the side of the embassy since February (in eCas as well as by any other means), I know that all our paperwork has completely expired (medical and police clearance) but they have not contacted us or have they asked us for any renewal or submissions.

It does seem to be a pretty arbitrary and very closed system, but I have to believe that there is a method to this madness, that somehow this randomness does indeed make sense, but we are simply too external to understand it :) if I didn't believe that, I think I'd go mad.

It is comforting though that there is progress for other members of this forum (yourself included :) ) this at least give us hope and allows us to be happy for and with those who do hear something positive.

Hi TSI,
I really feel sorry inshallla u hear some good news soon.
i suggest one of you go to the embassy and submit an application ( i did it once and they replied in couple days). when u get there they will give u a paper form it is a kind of complaint application form . on the first page u write downn ur addresses ,names and application file number etc... on the second page u write ur complaint or letter and they will take it to the responsible person as soon ad possible.
i did this when they sent me an email that my file has been transeferres to beirut and when i called the embassy 2 months later they told me thatmy file is not here and it still there in ottawa . I left to the embassy immediately and submit that form .

TSI

Mar 10, 2014
sue89 said:
Hi TSI,
I really feel sorry inshallla u hear some good news soon.
i suggest one of you go to the embassy and submit an application ( i did it once and they replied in couple days). when u get there they will give u a paper form it is a kind of complaint application form . on the first page u write downn ur addresses ,names and application file number etc... on the second page u write ur complaint or letter and they will take it to the responsible person as soon ad possible.
i did this when they sent me an email that my file has been transeferres to beirut and when i called the embassy 2 months later they told me thatmy file is not here and it still there in ottawa . I left to the embassy immediately and submit that form .
Hi Sue,

Thank you very much for your sentiments and guidance/suggestions. Wow! Are they really that disorganized! I guess there is a lot of room for human error and/or oversight.

Thank you, we will try to see what can be done, both my wife and I are currently out of the country, but we will try to see what can be done in person at the embassy, appreciate your insight!

I know it's very frustrating and difficult, and really hope that there will be some progress soon. It's been almost 15 months, the only thing that concerns me is that everywhere I read, they mention that if the processing time hasn't yet exceeded the "average" suggested processing time (which I believe is currently sitting at 21 months) then we should not bother requesting any status updates because it will either go ignored, or at worse, cause delays to our own application.

Thank you again, and the best of luck to everyone!

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
TSI said:
Hi Sue,

Thank you very much for your sentiments and guidance/suggestions. Wow! Are they really that disorganized! I guess there is a lot of room for human error and/or oversight.

Thank you, we will try to see what can be done, both my wife and I are currently out of the country, but we will try to see what can be done in person at the embassy, appreciate your insight!

I know it's very frustrating and difficult, and really hope that there will be some progress soon. It's been almost 15 months, the only thing that concerns me is that everywhere I read, they mention that if the processing time hasn't yet exceeded the "average" suggested processing time (which I believe is currently sitting at 21 months) then we should not bother requesting any status updates because it will either go ignored, or at worse, cause delays to our own application.

Thank you again, and the best of luck to everyone!

Hi TSI,
It is really frustrating but listen i emailed them once and they mentioned the same thing in the email that we must be patient and we can not ask about our application before completing the 21 months but i found later that it is just a normal reply and when they say 21 months they means the maximum maximum time but we can get our visa before the precised time .

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
Abdallah86_ca said:
Update!
Wife just got passport request. Didn't check ecas. I hope it works out for everyone soon enough!

wow ;) :)

congratulations Abdallah :)
just a tiny question :) Did they ask u about any additional documents before the passport request?

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
Abdallah86_ca said:
Update!
Wife just got passport request. Didn't check ecas. I hope it works out for everyone soon enough!

Mabrouk Abdallah,

Can you tell us please when did u apply?

Abdallah86_ca

Sep 25, 2013
OK so in response to a few questions here... I applied last March, and I received no other communication other than being transferred to beirut (same time as everyone else) until this passport request yesterday. Medical and criminal should have been expired but they gave her until late August to land.
I would imagine my case is pretty simple, I work for the Canadian government in Ontario, always lived in Canada and she has never left Lebanon, which should have made the security check etc easier I think. My fees were already included in my application.

My advice to most would be just be patient and live your life fully in the mean time, there's not much you can do unless you've noticed a problem or issue (like missing the interview etc). I actually just bought a ticket to visit last week, but none of us are psychic. Funny I have tenants that just gave me their 2 month notice last week, and initially I was a bit disappointed but now it will work out pretty good. I realize not everyone's circumstances are the same, but we all knew it was going be a long process (one that I would never do again lol)

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
Abdallah86_ca said:
OK so in response to a few questions here... I applied last March, and I received no other communication other than being transferred to beirut (same time as everyone else) until this passport request yesterday. Medical and criminal should have been expired but they gave her until late August to land.
I would imagine my case is pretty simple, I work for the Canadian government in Ontario, always lived in Canada and she has never left Lebanon, which should have made the security check etc easier I think. My fees were already included in my application.

My advice to most would be just be patient and live your life fully in the mean time, there's not much you can do unless you've noticed a problem or issue (like missing the interview etc). I actually just bought a ticket to visit last week, but none of us are psychic. Funny I have tenants that just gave me their 2 month notice last week, and initially I was a bit disappointed but now it will work out pretty good. I realize not everyone's circumstances are the same, but we all knew it was going be a long process (one that I would never do again lol)

Thanks for ur reply :) Hamdulilah for everything and mabrook again :) 3a2bal 3ind el kil

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Nice Mabrouk Abdallah

Inshallah our turn will come soon...

Seems like they dont want to process anyone from Alberta until the 21 months pass by.

They only care about Ontario and Quebec... Annoying! hahaha

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
hi guys,,
i sent today the additional documents the cic requested last week by mail as they mentioned .

how will i know that they received the documents? do u think they will inform me ?? coz we need to know if they got them or not .

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
sue89 said:
hi guys,,
i sent today the additional documents the cic requested last week by mail as they mentioned .

how will i know that they received the documents? do u think they will inform me ?? coz we need to know if they got them or not .
I hope you sent them registered mail with tracking number. This way you will get a confirmation from your mail service that it was delivered.
Usually you can ask for Signature request upon delivery. This way, they have to sign when they receive it, and by signing you will get notified directly.

The embassy itself will not confirm that they received the documents. So you have to rely on the mail service for that.