App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
I just got off the phone with a CIC Agent.

CPP Ottawa IS processing applications sent there. How much Processing? What type of Processing? we cannot really tell. But When it is sent to Beirut, they continue processing.
So if Ottawa Processing times is 14 months and Beirut is 20, And they file spent 7 months in Ottawa, when it goes to Beirut, you do no remove 7 months from the average 20. You remove a lot more! Because the work done in 7 months in Ottawa needs a lot more in Beirut. This is all as an average, but even though it is very hard to follow a rule in this matter. Because they maybe only sent it for final steps which will not take more than 2-3 months in Beirut.
Bl mokhtasar... Ottawa will keep on processing until they get stuck and they cannot process anymore. They will get stuck on security check, Visa issuance. Those are things that they cannot do. So Beirut might ask for a new police certificate, Especially if you have passed 6 months.

About the Letter at the beginning of the App Number. The Agent said that it does not really mean anything except maybe the type and class of an application, it does not indicate the status of an application and has no relation to the processing times or the status of the application. Even if it Changed.

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
chris_z77 said:

CPP Ottawa IS processing applications sent there. How much Processing? What type of Processing? we cannot really tell. But When it is sent to Beirut, they continue processing.
So if Ottawa Processing times is 14 months and Beirut is 20, And they file spent 7 months in Ottawa, when it goes to Beirut, you do no remove 7 months from the average 20. You remove a lot more! Because the work done in 7 months in Ottawa needs a lot more in Beirut. This is all as an average, but even though it is very hard to follow a rule in this matter. Because they maybe only sent it for final steps which will not take more than 2-3 months in Beirut.
Bl mokhtasar... Ottawa will keep on processing until they get stuck and they cannot process anymore. They will get stuck on security check, Visa issuance. Those are things that they cannot do. So Beirut might ask for a new police certificate, Especially if you have passed 6 months.

About the Letter at the beginning of the App Number. The Agent said that it does not really mean anything except maybe the type and class of an application, it does not indicate the status of an application and has no relation to the processing times or the status of the application. Even if it Changed.
Thanks Chris for the update this is really good information. I have not made my travel arrangement to visit my husband in lebanon . inshallah I hear good news before mid November

candude8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
Doc's Request.
25-1-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Passport Req..
10-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
chris_z77 said:

That is good I guess...
Did anyone email Beirut or CPP-O to ask for reason?
I am expecting my notes to arrive in about two weeks. I will email them after I get the notes if it is still not clear for me.

Soon_Canadian

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut(CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2013
AOR Received.
22-02-2013
File Transfer...
19-9-2013(To Beirut)
Canadian_Leb,

I just realised, you got the sponsorship acceptance 2 days after you submitted the application?

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Soon_Canadian said:
Canadian_Leb,

I just realised, you got the sponsorship acceptance 2 days after you submitted the application?

It was more like 4 business days. They got my application on March 8th and sent me a letter on the 14th

Abdallah86_ca

Sep 25, 2013
Ya I received my sponsorship acceptance literally 2 days after I mailed it. Seems they have streamlined that process. As was stated above I hope the transfer of the files to Beirut means things have went quickly and smoothly. Just the waiting game now.

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Candude... Have you received your notes or not yet?

candude8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
Doc's Request.
25-1-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Passport Req..
10-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
chris_z77 said:
Candude... Have you received your notes or not yet?
Not yet. They are due tomorrow, however I got them 6 days late time I ordered them...
I'll keep you posted though..

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Guys who got their files transferred to Beirut. What does your e-case status say?

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
We just got the e-mail that our file is transferred to Beirut. I sent an e-mail to cpp-ottawa asking for clarification. Hopefully they will have a valuable answer.
Hope Candude's notes brings us some good news :)

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
chris_z77 said:
We just got the e-mail that our file is transferred to Beirut. I sent an e-mail to cpp-ottawa asking for clarification. Hopefully they will have a valuable answer.
Hope Candude's notes brings us some good news :)
Hi
Our ecas-status is the same. It never changed. I ordered the notes too... I hope I get them this week as well. so your application got transferred a month later.

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
yes but it was received on July 31st... so my application spent 2 months in CPP-O yours spent around 7 months. Are they actually going faster and catching up? This situation tells us one of 2 options, Either CPP-O is catching up (especially after the strike is over) or Beirut is now able to process applications in a timely manner and CPP-O is no longer needed to help Beirut. or Both! :)

I am waiting for a CIC agent to pick up. Maybe I can grab some more info

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
chris_z77 said:
yes but it was received on July 31st... so my application spent 2 months in CPP-O yours spent around 7 months. Are they actually going faster and catching up? This situation tells us one of 2 options, Either CPP-O is catching up (especially after the strike is over) or Beirut is now able to process applications in a timely manner and CPP-O is no longer needed to help Beirut. or Both! :)

I am waiting for a CIC agent to pick up. Maybe I can grab some more info
It could be due to the strike that ours spent 7 months in Ottawa... Let's see what they tell you... but my application status online has not changed since May after they received Medical results... I have application received with the 2nd line being "Medical Results Received"
The transfer to Beirut didnt change ecas

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Same with me about the e-case thing, I guess it will be my last reliable source :p

Again CIC agent said the following:

CPP-O was created 2-3 years ago. They want to process as much applications in Canada as possible. CPP-O is helping the VOs abroad to clear backlog. If your file is sent back to Beirut, it means either your files needs more processing that CPP-O cannot do (In my analysis, police clearances and security checks) Or it could be for Finalization.
When asked about the Processing times, the Agent said to follow the ones stated on the website for the VO (This is a standard answer because agents cannot promise you of something that is not officially published). When asked how to calculate the remaining time of the processing times in Beirut if the application was at first processed in Ottawa. She said You can't really tell, it depends of how much was processed in Ottawa.

I will repeat what I said earlier. Files are being transferred to CPP-O instead of Beirut. It means Beirut was falling back which gave us the 20 months processing times on the website. Strike resulted of giving 14 month for CPP-O. We are all sure that our files are clean and easy. Your files took 7 months and mine took 2 months to be transferred to Beirut is simply because CPP-O is catching up (Strike over).

Why the file is transferred back to Beirut?

1- Something missing or unclear in the file and CPP-O cannot process anymore (I don't think we all have the same problem in our files)
2- File needs more processing that cannot be done in Ottawa (Police certificate and security check and interview)
3- Beirut is catching up and can now process in a timely manner, and CPP-O is no longer needed to help Beirut (I doubt it, but even if that's the case it is still a very good thing)
4- File is ready for finalizing and visa issuance.

nb 1 is highly unlikely, 2 is highly likely, 3 as I said I doubt it and 4 will be a dream come true!

Until now we are all in the same situation. If it is about security check, this is where we will be separated. My wife is a 21 years old college student. Security check should be easy and not take time.
If you are sponsoring your husband who is 35 years and works in the army for example, you should expect more time and procedure for security check.

I expect processing time will drop on the next update for both Beirut and Ottawa. I will keep on monitoring that waiting for the notes from Candude and Canadian_Leb

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
chris_z77 said:
Same with me about the e-case thing, I guess it will be my last reliable source :p

Again CIC agent said the following:

CPP-O was created 2-3 years ago. They want to process as much applications in Canada as possible. CPP-O is helping the VOs abroad to clear backlog. If your file is sent back to Beirut, it means either your files needs more processing that CPP-O cannot do (In my analysis, police clearances and security checks) Or it could be for Finalization.
When asked about the Processing times, the Agent said to follow the ones stated on the website for the VO (This is a standard answer because agents cannot promise you of something that is not officially published). When asked how to calculate the remaining time of the processing times in Beirut if the application was at first processed in Ottawa. She said You can't really tell, it depends of how much was processed in Ottawa.

I will repeat what I said earlier. Files are being transferred to CPP-O instead of Beirut. It means Beirut was falling back which gave us the 20 months processing times on the website. Strike resulted of giving 14 month for CPP-O. We are all sure that our files are clean and easy. Your files took 7 months and mine took 2 months to be transferred to Beirut is simply because CPP-O is catching up (Strike over).

Why the file is transferred back to Beirut?

1- Something missing or unclear in the file and CPP-O cannot process anymore (I don't think we all have the same problem in our files)
2- File needs more processing that cannot be done in Ottawa (Police certificate and security check and interview)
3- Beirut is catching up and can now process in a timely manner, and CPP-O is no longer needed to help Beirut (I doubt it, but even if that's the case it is still a very good thing)
4- File is ready for finalizing and visa issuance.

nb 1 is highly unlikely, 2 is highly likely, 3 as I said I doubt it and 4 will be a dream come true!

Until now we are all in the same situation. If it is about security check, this is where we will be separated. My wife is a 21 years old college student. Security check should be easy and not take time.
If you are sponsoring your husband who is 35 years and works in the army for example, you should expect more time and procedure for security check.

I expect processing time will drop on the next update for both Beirut and Ottawa. I will keep on monitoring that waiting for the notes from Candude and Canadian_Leb
Thanks Chris for the update... I will update you once I get the notes soon inshallah