Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-02013
AOR Received.
11-04-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
They just emailed me telling me they've transferred my file back to Beirut. Oh well...

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Soon_Canadian said:
Canadian_Leb and Candude, i just received an email from an immigration consultant, saying that we have to wait a total of 20 months(including the time our files were in CPP-Ottawa) :(
this is crazy...May God be with us.
I just read this again. And it just sank in. What do you mean by Immigration consultant? do you mean an official Immigration officer from the embassy? Or just the guy you pay money to have your papers done?

Abdallah86_ca

Sep 25, 2013
I think that is just quoted from the 'official' processing times. I know more than one person that just recently sponsored their wives from Lebanon where the process took around 7-8 months. I don't think it will take much longer than that unless you are unlucky.

Soon_Canadian

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut(CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2013
AOR Received.
22-02-2013
File Transfer...
19-9-2013(To Beirut)
Abdallah86_ca said:
I think that is just quoted from the 'official' processing times. I know more than one person that just recently sponsored their wives from Lebanon where the process took around 7-8 months. I don't think it will take much longer than that unless you are unlucky.
Abdallah86, we all hope its 7-8 months to all of us, but you know that if you got approval in march, that is 7 months in CPP-Ottawa alone!Hopefully Beirut will do this fast!!

Chris, its just a guy that has been taking care of applications for last 30 years:p

Guys, i just realized today the renovations of the building where embassy is, is it closed currently?

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Soon_Canadian said:
Abdallah86, we all hope its 7-8 months to all of us, but you know that if you got approval in march, that is 7 months in CPP-Ottawa alone!Hopefully Beirut will do this fast!!

Chris, its just a guy that has been taking care of applications for last 30 years:p

Guys, i just realized today the renovations of the building where embassy is, is it closed currently?

Breaking news... Most of consultants do not care about you personally as much as they care about their pockets. (With all my respect to this forum's owners).
What I want to say that consultants will search for the fastest answer. 20 months for processing is what is written on the website. So this is is the fastest answer without the hassle of analyzing your specific case and situation and try to compare it with similar previous cases.
When I first started my papers I was taking the consultant option. I decided definitely not when most of the consultants did not mention anything about an upfront medical exam. They were all saying that the medical exam will be done when the immigration officer asks for it. Not one single one of them mentioned the upfront medical and they all failed to say that applications with upfront medical are priority comparing to ones without medical exams. I don't know about your consultants guys, but I will never trust one. What I would say is for all of you to keep your fingers crossed, it seems you will all be getting a beautiful early Christmas present.

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
chris_z77 said:
Breaking news... Most of consultants do not care about you personally as much as they care about their pockets. (With all my respect to this forum's owners).
What I want to say that consultants will search for the fastest answer. 20 months for processing is what is written on the website. So this is is the fastest answer without the hassle of analyzing your specific case and situation and try to compare it with similar previous cases.
When I first started my papers I was taking the consultant option. I decided definitely not when most of the consultants did not mention anything about an upfront medical exam. They were all saying that the medical exam will be done when the immigration officer asks for it. Not one single one of them mentioned the upfront medical and they all failed to say that applications with upfront medical are priority comparing to ones without medical exams. I don't know about your consultants guys, but I will never trust one. What I would say is for all of you to keep your fingers crossed, it seems you will all be getting a beautiful early Christmas present.
Oh well it seems everyone's application that applied around january-March to be transferred to Beirut for further processing. I don't know what consultants do or how much they know about processing applications - no comments about that. I do agree with Chris though. The way I think about it is most of the processing was to be done in Ottawa and some will be done in Beirut depending on the case. I think by opening a new VO in Beirut to handle more the temporary applications, they now have more resources in Jal el Dib to handle family class. Also since many of the US VOs were closed and these have been handlled by CPP Ottawa, they have transfrerred our applications to do more processing. From my point of view , the 6 months when our applications were in Ottawa would count into the overall processing times. Some work was done in Ottawa since apps were transferred there originally, more processing needs to be done whether it is background checks, interviews, Passport request and whatever need to be done in Beirut. Please dont quote me me on this - these are just my thoughts though. Chris I really hope for an early Christmas present . For now I am just staying positive and hoping for an answer before the holiday season :)

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Guys check this out... download the spreadsheet and you will all be very very happy :D

http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset/427337d0-7c36-4fed-8428-c6a63f8c19b3

Long story short. 70% of the cases processed in CPP Ottawa were done in 10 months OR LESS. This is based according to the last 12 months.
70% of the cases processed in Beirut were done in 17 months or less also based on the last 12 months.

trust me when I tell that your files have been transferred for the final step. You will either hear from them to ask for the passport or for new police certificate.

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
You are all going to hit 7 months in October, except Candude, but Candude faced a logistic problem with his CSQ so you are all following the same timeline.
Look at it this way, if there is any doubt or any problem, it will take more than 10 months with you guys until visa issuance. but that only happens with 30% of the cases. that means one of you three might face this problem.
So in other words, there is 40% chance that only 2 of you will get visas in the next 3 months, 40% chance that all of you will get it, 15% that only one of you will get it and 5% that none will get it.

Of course all of this taken in consideration that you all did an upfront medical exam, there is no problems with your papers and so on.

I mean why would they want to send 3-4 applications to Beirut in the same boat unless it was for finalizing.
oh, one more thing, usually governments work in quarters (period of three months) and your papers were sent at the end of a quarter.

If I am right you are all buying me dinner :p

Soon_Canadian

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut(CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2013
AOR Received.
22-02-2013
File Transfer...
19-9-2013(To Beirut)
Chris, you just made my day, my week...if what you said turns out to be true, you just made my year. And dinner is a must from each one of us!!

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
I know candude is applying from quebec. Who is applying from quebec also?

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
chris_z77 said:
You are all going to hit 7 months in October, except Candude, but Candude faced a logistic problem with his CSQ so you are all following the same timeline.
Look at it this way, if there is any doubt or any problem, it will take more than 10 months with you guys until visa issuance. but that only happens with 30% of the cases. that means one of you three might face this problem.
So in other words, there is 40% chance that only 2 of you will get visas in the next 3 months, 40% chance that all of you will get it, 15% that only one of you will get it and 5% that none will get it.

Of course all of this taken in consideration that you all did an upfront medical exam, there is no problems with your papers and so on.

I mean why would they want to send 3-4 applications to Beirut in the same boat unless it was for finalizing.
oh, one more thing, usually governments work in quarters (period of three months) and your papers were sent at the end of a quarter.

If I am right you are all buying me dinner :p
Very logical, I really like your analysis. Dinner it is ! I hope you will coming to Calgary for that! The strike i s over so maybe things will be moving quicker again

candude8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
Doc's Request.
25-1-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Passport Req..
10-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
Unfortunately, my last set of notes, that were dated mid July showed ZERO progress on my app (meds, security, etc were all Not Started) as they were still waiting for the belated CSQ, which they received a few days after the request was processed.

I honestly doubt that they had the time to process of my file since they received the CSQ two month ago, but you never know..

At the moment, I think all we can do is speculate on the status of our applications, and the purpose of those transfers, but fact is that a bunch of applications were transferred together (some I would assume on the same day), and IMO this would be caused by CPP no longer processing Beirut FAM applications.

I think things will get clearer in the coming months with new applications. If new applicants gets their app fwd'ed straight to Beirut after sponsorship approval, then it'll be clear that CPP-O is no longer receiving Beirut FAM apps, and we were all part of the last batch of files that are being sent back to Beirut.

As I said earlier, a friend of mine (QSW application) had his file transferred from Beirut to Bucharest a few days before we had our files transferred from CPP-O to Beirut. I think those two events are somewhat related, in what might be an attempt to redistribute the load at different VOs.
If my reasoning is correct, the QSW (and maybe FSW) applications being transferred to Bucharest will reduce the load at the Beirut office, clearing the way for FAM applications to be processed faster than current posted times.

arab21

Star Member
May 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 01 2013
AOR Received.
May 9 2013
Med's Done....
April 24 2013
our file was just transferred to Beirut today. we got our SA in May.

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
candude8 said:
Unfortunately, my last set of notes, that were dated mid July showed ZERO progress on my app (meds, security, etc were all Not Started) as they were still waiting for the belated CSQ, which they received a few days after the request was processed.

I honestly doubt that they had the time to process of my file since they received the CSQ two month ago, but you never know..

At the moment, I think all we can do is speculate on the status of our applications, and the purpose of those transfers, but fact is that a bunch of applications were transferred together (some I would assume on the same day), and IMO this would be caused by CPP no longer processing Beirut FAM applications.

I think things will get clearer in the coming months with new applications. If new applicants gets their app fwd'ed straight to Beirut after sponsorship approval, then it'll be clear that CPP-O is no longer receiving Beirut FAM apps, and we were all part of the last batch of files that are being sent back to Beirut.

As I said earlier, a friend of mine (QSW application) had his file transferred from Beirut to Bucharest a few days before we had our files transferred from CPP-O to Beirut. I think those two events are somewhat related, in what might be an attempt to redistribute the load at different VOs.
If my reasoning is correct, the QSW (and maybe FSW) applications being transferred to Bucharest will reduce the load at the Beirut office, clearing the way for FAM applications to be processed faster than current posted times.

Beirut's main concern right now, if I am not mistaken is the refugee applications that are flooding from Syria. in the past 12 months of March 31 2013, there was over a 1000 application and I really believe the number has doubled by now. They even opened a second office in Hamra to process all temporary resident applications (visitor visa, study or work permit) or permanent resident travel document applications.
So it means that while the strike was going, Beirut was doubling the personnel!

About your CSQ. When they issue it they communicate it directly with CIC, regardless of when they sends it to you. Ex: in your case Candude, it was issued on the 19th of July, CIC definitely received it by the 23rd or 24th. You should wait for your new sets of notes. In my opinion, if anything is to be done in Beirut other than interview/visa issuance it will be security check, if your sponsored person is an easy case it will be really fast.

About the current posted processing times. When they put on the website that processing times for Beirut are 20 months, that means that 80% of the cases were finalized in 20 months OR LESS. in other words the cases that take 4 months and the ones that take 5 and 6 and 7 etc... are all included in that 80%.

So far, 4 applications with a very similar timeline got transferred to Beirut. My timeline is far from you guys. If my file is transferred to Beirut any time soon it will mean 2 things. Either I am super lucky and we will be done before new year or it means that they are re-sending all applications to Beirut. If it did not, that means that files are being sent to Beirut for final steps.

CPP Ottawa processing times are 20% for 7 months or less. If at least one of you guys gets a response before Christmas, it means that they are transferring files to Beirut for final step. And we all follow CPP Ottawa timeline.
The break point of processing times between Ottawa and Beirut is at 12 months (for Ottawa, 80% is processed within 12 months or less and for Beirut 20% is processed in 12 months or less).

let's take Arab12's timeline as a reference. Arab21 will hit 7 months in December. So if any of you guys: Arab21, Candude8, Soon_Canadian and Canadian_Leb starts having signs of visa issuance before Christmas it means that we are all still following Ottawa's processing times.

As we said the break point is 12 months. and Arab21 passed 5 months already. If April 2014 passed and none of you got nothing, this means the worst case scenario and it means that all files transferred back to Beirut are following Beirut timeline. The same applies if just one got something before the end of April 2014, and the longest wait will reach December 2014.

If more than one got anything before that date it means we are probably still following CPP-ottawa and the wait will be done at the latest by May 2104.

About the worst case scenario we talked about... Remember I told you about the new office opening in Beirut and all this stuff... It means that Even if we will be following Beirut's processing times, it will still be done quicker than you Imagine, Especially with an upfront medical exam and straight forward case. Oh I forgot to add up one more thing. Trust me when I say, if your case is easy and simple, they really want to get done before the medical expires.. so keep that in consideration ;)

Sorry guys for that long post. Candude... You are NOT running away from that dinner :D