24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
arab21 said:
yes, shes currently in lebanon. i will ask for an extension if she gets approved for the tourism visa. Then she will only go there if they request an interview, if not then we will mail her passport and they can stamp it with the permanent. at that point i think we would just drive to the states and come back and she will become a permenant resident. its all a dream right now :) :)
Good luck Arab21... let me know how it goes... Maybe I will try the same. I am going insane checking application status, I even added that tracker and this forum. so there are always three things that I check.. email, CIC and forum to see whether anyone with similar timeline got anything. This is like a full time job.. and offcourse the non ending strike news.

I think I became obsessed and I might need a psychologist soon to talk me out of this.

What is really funny is that last weel around this time, I was trying to logon CIC to check my application status and it was not letting me and I was thinking YAY - they are updating mine and turned out that I am just putting the number wrong. I also remember when I first got sponsorship approval was on wednesday not tuesday... so I am not sure if checking only on tuesday is a good idea.

I have been also thinking about sending CPP ottawa an email but I am not sure what to ask and I dont think they will answer my questions.

arab21

Star Member
May 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 01 2013
AOR Received.
May 9 2013
Med's Done....
April 24 2013
Canadian_Leb said:
Good luck Arab21... let me know how it goes... Maybe I will try the same. I am going insane checking application status, I even added that tracker and this forum. so there are always three things that I check.. email, CIC and forum to see whether anyone with similar timeline got anything. This is like a full time job.. and offcourse the non ending strike news.

I think I became obsessed and I might need a psychologist soon to talk me out of this.

What is really funny is that last weel around this time, I was trying to logon CIC to check my application status and it was not letting me and I was thinking YAY - they are updating mine and turned out that I am just putting the number wrong. I also remember when I first got sponsorship approval was on wednesday not tuesday... so I am not sure if checking only on tuesday is a good idea.

I have been also thinking about sending CPP ottawa an email but I am not sure what to ask and I dont think they will answer my questions.

this is what you will get if you email CPP-)

Dear Sir, This is in response to your email (see below). Your application is in process in Ottawa. No further action is required by you at this time. An immigration officer will be in contact with you if any further correspondence is needed.We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum. For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
arab21 said:
this is what you will get if you email CPP-)

Dear Sir, This is in response to your email (see below). Your application is in process in Ottawa. No further action is required by you at this time. An immigration officer will be in contact with you if any further correspondence is needed.We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum. For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.
No action required by me at this time. I should probably listen to that and stop checking everything I could possibly check.

Thanks Arab21 but it is funny- so if I do listen to the last line they say "refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number." Do you think they would give me more information? Probably not - I know I should not contact them unless they ask me to. That is the rule I should go by until 14 months have passed by.

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
I received the sponsorship approval on the 20th of August, My application will be processed in CPP-Ottawa.
On the 22nd of August new lines were added on the e-case: Decision made under "sponsorship application status" and Medical received under "PR application status.
I filed the undertaking application for the province of Quebec on the 20th of August.

Good luck everyone.

Wilderness

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (forwarded to Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-02013
AOR Received.
11-04-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Hi guys,

I'm being processed in Ottawa too. The sponsorship approval came in April. I haven't heard from them since, except for the automatic response I got when I emailed them about a change of address.

With the current strikes, I think processing will take longer than average. Good luck to all of us.

Wilderness

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Wilderness said:
Hi guys,

I'm being processed in Ottawa too. The sponsorship approval came in April. I haven't heard from them since, except for the automatic response I got when I emailed them about a change of address.

With the current strikes, I think processing will take longer than average. Good luck to all of us.

Wilderness

Hello wilderness...

Are you living in Quebec? (asking to see if you filed CSQ to the government of Quebec or not)
If your app is processed in Ottawa, it is faster than Beirut, according to what everyone has experienced.
Right now, Beirut VO is reporting 20 months of processing times, Ottawa is much faster, but not as fast as to have it done in 5 months :p
However the normal time seems to be 8-10 months, for some people even 6 months, so you are a little bit more than half way through :)

Good luck.

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
chris_z77 said:
Hello wilderness...

Are you living in Quebec? (asking to see if you filed CSQ to the government of Quebec or not)
If your app is processed in Ottawa, it is faster than Beirut, according to what everyone has experienced.
Right now, Beirut VO is reporting 20 months of processing times, Ottawa is much faster, but not as fast as to have it done in 5 months :p
However the normal time seems to be 8-10 months, for some people even 6 months, so you are a little bit more than half way through :)

Good luck.
awesome thanks Chris Allah yisma3 minak... Good luck to everyone inshallah the strike ends by next month and all officers go back so we can see some progress for all applicants. I'm following the strike updates on twitter and we will let u guys know of any news

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Hello guys,

I wanted to tell you that I received my CSQ (Certificat de Selection de Quebec) last week for my wife on the 13th of September (yes it was Friday the 13 :p this date never scared me anyways :p)
It was 10 days before the expected date, So we will wait and see if this can be a reference in correspondence of the total processing times, note that this is a Quebec-residents procedure only.

Anyways, any of you have any updates?

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
chris_z77 said:
Hello guys,

I wanted to tell you that I received my CSQ (Certificat de Selection de Quebec) last week for my wife on the 13th of September (yes it was Friday the 13 :p this date never scared me anyways :p)
It was 10 days before the expected date, So we will wait and see if this can be a reference in correspondence of the total processing times, note that this is a Quebec-residents procedure only.

Anyways, any of you have any updates?
Hi Chris,

Good news. Congratulations... As you can see this thread is mostly dead... Yallah soon it will be the PPR and COPR hopefully... no updates from anyone yet... I have just been watching the strike really closely but that strike is also non endin

Sep 17, 2013
Hi Chris... I m in similar position as you... my wife is Canadian and we got married in Cyprus, but she does not have any papers in Lebanon so basically it is really hard to register it in Lebanon... were u able to get the PR without registering it in Lebanon? thank you

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
mariofromlebanon said:
Hi Chris... I m in similar position as you... my wife is Canadian and we got married in Cyprus, but she does not have any papers in Lebanon so basically it is really hard to register it in Lebanon... were u able to get the PR without registering it in Lebanon? thank you

Hello Mario, My wife and I are both Lebanese and I am the one sponsoring her. And I did the same as you, I got married in Cyprus. When I was back in Lebanon after we got married in Cyprus, I was not sure what to do, because my plan was for her to do her medical exam while I was there and for us to prepare the papers. but it needed 40 days to register the wedding in Lebanon and I was only there for two weeks. So I sent an e-mail to the Canadian embassy asking if it is necessary to wait for the wedding to be registered so that she will have the "married" status on her ikhraj 2ayd. Unfortunately the embassy took too long to reply (1 day before my flight to Canada) but they did said that it is not necessary as the proof for the wedding is the marriage certificate from Cyprus.

So in my opinion go ahead and start with your papers and do not even bother to register it in Lebanon. Most probably they will not even ask about it, but just in case write an explanation letter with your application explaining why your status on your lebanese ikhraj 2ayd and family book is still "single"

This is the e-mail I received from the canadian embassy in beirut.

Dear Sir,

Please be advised that you need to submit your marriage certificate from Cyprus.
It is not obligatory to register your marriage in Lebanon. An immigration officer will review your file, after his review if it is still required, you will be contacted.

Thank you,

CAF
Immigration Section
Beirut

Soon_Canadian

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut(CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2013
AOR Received.
22-02-2013
File Transfer...
19-9-2013(To Beirut)
Hi Everyone,

i am new to this forum, but i think it is really helpful. I received an email of sponsorship acceptance on march 2013(my wife is canadian citizen) and i also got an email saying that my application has been forwarded to CPP-Ottowa...
Just today(6 months after sponsorship acceptance) i received an email saying that my application has been forwarded to the embassy in beirut.... Can someone please tell me if this is good news or bad news?
Am i supposed to wait 19 months now?

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Soon_Canadian said:
Hi Everyone,

i am new to this forum, but i think it is really helpful. I received an email of sponsorship acceptance on march 2013(my wife is canadian citizen) and i also got an email saying that my application has been forwarded to CPP-Ottowa...
Just today(6 months after sponsorship acceptance) i received an email saying that my application has been forwarded to the embassy in beirut.... Can someone please tell me if this is good news or bad news?
Am i supposed to wait 19 months now?
Hi
My husband got the same email today as well. We have the same timeline. I got my sponsorship approval in march 2013. I am not sure if that's good or bad. Since I'm a positive person I take it as good. All it means if an interview was to happen or passport to be requested application needs to be in Beirut that's where the applicant resides anyway. Inshallah khair. :) at least something is happening

candude8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
Doc's Request.
25-1-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Passport Req..
10-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
It seems they are transferring all Beirut at CPP-O files back to Beirut..
I too got an email yesterday around 6pm Beirut time saying my file would be transferred to Beirut.
Don't know what to gather out of this.

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
I suggest that someone of you guys send an e-mail asking for explanation, ask what steps have been accomplished here and what steps are left to be accomlished in beirut. Also aproach in a way that you are confused and would like to know about the new processing times...